Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Tom Adeyemi

does anyone have any news on him. He got his exam results - straights ''A''s [;)] and he was going to apply for cambridge and oxford. He played a few games and a few sub appearances and now he is not even making the bench...

...does this mean he has been accepted into uni?

The lad isn''t quite ready for first team football yet, people have to remember he has only just turned 18 and is almost a full year younger than Korey Smith who only became a first team regular this season. We''ll see a bit more of him once he has filled out, i''ve also heard he has suffered from growing pains, very common in lads of his age & particularly size.

Surely he''s got a pro career ahead of him, why would he want to study medicine? Of course it''s great for the lad to go to uni and do something worthwhile if he has some bad luck footballing and gets an injury or something.

[quote user="scrimmage"]Surely he''s got a pro career ahead of him, why would he want to study medicine? Of course it''s great for the lad to go to uni and do something worthwhile if he has some bad luck footballing and gets an injury or something.
[/quote]

so he''s going to play football till he''s 65 then, you have more than 1 string  on the bow 

[quote user="scrimmage"]Surely he''s got a pro career ahead of him, why would he want to study medicine? Of course it''s great for the lad to go to uni and do something worthwhile if he has some bad luck footballing and gets an injury or something. [/quote]He''s not good enough for Div 3 at the moment. He may never be. So Why wouldn''t he want to study medicine.

I am not sure how Cambridge/Oxford would look upon him deferring for a couple of years to see how his football career pans out. He would deffo be able to apply to redbrick universities at a later date and get accepted on a Medical degree, depends on how keen he is to go to Oxbridge I suppose.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="scrimmage"]Surely he''s got a pro career ahead of him, why would he want to study medicine? Of course it''s great for the lad to go to uni and do something worthwhile if he has some bad luck footballing and gets an injury or something. [/quote]

so he''s going to play football till he''s 65 then, you have more than 1 string  on the bow 

[/quote]OK, say he plays football till he''s 33, that''s 15 years after beginning studying medicine, 8 years after finishing. I''m fairly sure you have to be in practice so you can;t just jump back in being a doctor nearly ten years after your training?I was saying it''s a good idea too! Not many footballers you see able to go out and study medicine at Oxbridge are there?

I know from a friend of his fathers that he is weighing up the options and definitely keeping Uni in the thoughts. I wouldnt be suprised if he did go for a degree, and who could blame him as he is a very bright lad. It could take one injury in training and that could be his football career over, if he chose that path.

I would expect him to walk into a degree in medicine whenever he retires from football, even if it''s in his thirties and he''s been very succesful. What University wouldn''t consider a candidate who''d gained 3 As at A levels and also had played professional football? also, he hasn''t got his A level results yet surely? just his results from his January exams, and were he going to Uni he would have had to have already applied, if he wants Oxbridge he''d have been made an offer by now and applied in October.

To put this subject straight....

NO he is not going to university yet. he is concentrating on football after his a-levels. Football is a very short career, he is going to look to go to university AFTER HIS CAREER IN FOOTBALL.

and no he is not suffering for GROWING PAINS hahahahaha!!

where the hell do you guys get this info from!!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="scrimmage"]Surely he''s got a pro career ahead of him, why would he want to study medicine? Of course it''s great for the lad to go to uni and do something worthwhile if he has some bad luck footballing and gets an injury or something. [/quote]He''s not good enough for Div 3 at the moment. He may never be. So Why wouldn''t he want to study medicine. [/quote]I think he''s every bit as good as Korey Smith.  Perhaps it''s his attitude or that he can''t play "wide" (as if our system has width)

[quote user="bjg123"]I would expect him to walk into a degree in medicine whenever he retires from football, even if it''s in his thirties and he''s been very succesful. What University wouldn''t consider a candidate who''d gained 3 As at A levels and also had played professional football? also, he hasn''t got his A level results yet surely? just his results from his January exams, and were he going to Uni he would have had to have already applied, if he wants Oxbridge he''d have been made an offer by now and applied in October.[/quote]He won''t even have the January results yet, they''re in march.