Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Trucker

Cody Cody Cody

Yep - really pleased for Cody - has not had many chances, but tonight done the trick!

Don''t want to praise lambert too much for this - but could it be that Lambert has been holding him back?

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

Yep - really pleased for Cody - has not had many chances, but tonight done the trick!

Don''t want to praise lambert too much for this - but could it be that Lambert has been holding him back?

[/quote]To be honest, point out where ol Cody has put a foot wrong all season ??The ONLY goal in THAT 7-1 encounterVoluntering to go in goalWhen on as a sub the two selfless assists he laid on ( Paulton and when he pressured the defender to get a walk in for Holt )Now this !!Frankly i was disapointed when Oli Johnson was signed , only because i feared Cody was being over looked.Still feel he could go out on Loan but frankly he has played a blinder for us this season and deserves that spot in the starting 11 next game.I think he could certainly be someone for the future, sure hes not the youngest and came via non league.... but hey.... Ian Wright anyone ?

This was just the response Lambert would have hoped for from someone waiting to take his chance in the first team.  All those players on the fringe must show the manager that they can step up to the mark when they are given a chance, and that is exactly what McDonald and McNamee did tonight. 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

To be honest, point out where ol Cody has put a foot wrong all season ??

The ONLY goal in THAT 7-1 encounter
Voluntering to go in goal
When on as a sub the two selfless assists he laid on ( Paulton and when he pressured the defender to get a walk in for Holt )
Now this !!

Frankly i was disapointed when Oli Johnson was signed , only because i feared Cody was being over looked.
Still feel he could go out on Loan but frankly he has played a blinder for us this season and deserves that spot in the starting 11 next game.

I think he could certainly be someone for the future, sure hes not the youngest and came via non league.... but hey.... Ian Wright anyone ?
[/quote]

I hope he gets another 2yrs at this club....

Very pleased for him, and also McNamee who played a large role for our first goal. Good to see them get game time, and this is just like the 03/04 season whereby we have not got a weak link throughout the squad, and the subs are making an impact.

Yeh he deserves a contract extention !Times like this when im proud to have been flying the Cody Mac goal keeper avatar all season :-p

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh he deserves a contract extention !
Times like this when im proud to have been flying the Cody Mac goal keeper avatar all season :-p
[/quote]

lol....... like ya point!!!!!

SIGN HIM UP LAMBERT

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh he deserves a contract extention !
Times like this when im proud to have been flying the Cody Mac goal keeper avatar all season :-p
[/quote]

Yes, he deserves it, and a superb impact sub he is.

I think he will start Saturday.Oli is still a bit lightweight and needs to build his strength up.

Hes a great player, deserves more chances, if he had come of the bench in every game this season, he would be on 10+ goals as well....

[quote user="ricardo"]I think he will start Saturday.

Oli is still a bit lightweight and needs to build his strength up.
[/quote]

I am agreeing with Ricardo on this one. ......but what about MacNamee?