Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

New player signing?

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

He was talking about the NotW article and just said "it doesn''t look good while we''re trying to sign a new player and I wonder what he''d think of the article?"

[/quote]

Wouldn''t take it as gospel he coud be saying what if,

[quote user="PUPs are Citys future ...Norwich"]Well we know its a he if what WSC is true :) Always a good sign, eh?[/quote]... Thought we had finally sussed who and why that blond girl was sat next to Delia at home against Exeter. [:^)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="PUPs are Citys future ...Norwich"]Well we know its a he if what WSC is true :) Always a good sign, eh?[/quote]... Thought we had finally sussed who and why that blond girl was sat next to Delia at home against Exeter. [:^)][/quote]

But I heard she has a lot to offer up front :-)

Wsc....he said we are looking at a new player. What will he make of it...

My text to u was a bit jumbled up!

Personally I don''t think we are. I think mcnally is cleverly laying it on a bit. He will later say we lost out in a player.

Clever guy!

I could never imagine doomy doing this! We wouldn''t have heard anything from the club!

I just heard what he had to say on Radio 5 too, definately said that he wasn''t too happy with the NOTW article and how it doesn''t help us when we are in the midst of signing a new player.

Cmon CUSDP give us a clue [:)]

I don''t get it. We don''t need anyone. Unless Forster is leaving and we are getting a new keeper, or we''re getting Albert Adomah, then I don''t see who we would need!

Maybe he''s bringing another striker in, just in case Holt or Martin get injured for any length of time.

Just listened to it on the iPlayer and he says "we are in throws of signing a new player and I wonder what he thinks of his potential new club".Must admit I am very surprised by this, really thought the squad was pretty much complete for this season, I know there is always room for improvement but I can''t see which position needs extra strength whilst we are in League One. I suppose it could be a ''keeper as if Forster gets a nasty injury then it might be a big call for Rudd to take over in goal so early in his career. Also might allow us to loan out Rudd or Steer to give them so much needed playing time, look how much it did for Lewis.

agree with you missing in action

we cannot have enough good players and I completely concur we need players for next season and beyond... we will need to improve our first 11 next season so any new additions are needed as a few players will need to move on

In the archant story he is quoted as saying "we are in the throws of trying to sign a new player."

He''s normally pretty straight up I guess so maybe we could expect another one in!

BTW  -

throes

plural noun pains, spasms, pangs, fit, stabs, convulsions, paroxysm The animal twitched in its final death throes.

in the throes of something in the midst of, in the process of, suffering from, struggling with, wrestling with, toiling with, anguished by, agonized by, in the pangs of The country is in the throes of a general election.

Just had the same bit with mcnally on radio norfolk saying we are about to sign a new player. Cant see it happening to after todays game, any news out there on who it might be.  I got the impression it may be permenant rather than loan.

BTW-

pedâ‹…ant

  [ped-nt] Show IPA
–noun
1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.
2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.
3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.
4. Obsolete. a schoolmaster.

Origin: 1580–90; < It pedante teacher, pedant; appar. akin to pedagogue; see -ant
pedâ‹…antâ‹…esque, adjective
pedâ‹…antâ‹…hood, noun
2. hairsplitter.

Dictionary.com UnabridgedBased on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010.

twat

 

 [twaht] Show IPA ,

–noun Slang: Vulgar.

vulva.

Origin:
1650–60; perh. orig. dial. var. of *thwat, *thwot, presumed mod. E outcome of OE *thwat, akin to ON thveit cut, slit, forest clearing (> E dial. (N England) thwaite forest clearing)

It''s more likely going to be a player from a relatively large club, as why would a player from a smaller club (for instance, Rochdale) be worried about our club''s financial position? It''s more logical to assume that McNally was talking about a bigger money signing, who would be more likely to be worried in an unstable position, knowing he''d be the first off the wage bill should the club need to budget. Wonder who it is then?