Sign in to follow this  

brilliant support at walsall tonight

seems as  if  its bad  eggs  with the walsall fans as far as norwich support is  concerned from where  I was  standing  you hardly ever heard any walsall support support  from the dains  stand  and  the west bromwich stand was  superb, they wrote on their match report on the walsall mad  forum that our support could  not be heard only  when we  scored, dont  think that is quite accurate  do you ?great  night city win, support  was  great, leeds lose,  we are top

There was obviously something going on with them and us. Officially they claimed we had only 1395 fans there. This does not make sense as the original game was a 2200 sell outfor us. Last night yes I conceed there were some empty seats in the away end but certainly not 800, probably more like 100.

Their support was the worse I have ever seen and we sang all game to encourage the team in difficult conditions. Dont know what they are talking about

Did anyone see the stewards try and grab one of our supporters behind the goal after Cody scored? He jumped up, put one foot on the advertising hoardings and half slipped pitch-side, so one steward went over the top and tried to pull him over but a mate managed to drag him back the other way. It looked for a second like the stewards were going to go and hunt him in the crowd but decided against it. Would have been a complete over-reaction, it was hardly a deliberate pitch invasion.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Did anyone see the stewards try and grab one of our supporters behind the goal after Cody scored? He jumped up, put one foot on the advertising hoardings and half slipped pitch-side, so one steward went over the top and tried to pull him over but a mate managed to drag him back the other way. It looked for a second like the stewards were going to go and hunt him in the crowd but decided against it. Would have been a complete over-reaction, it was hardly a deliberate pitch invasion.
[/quote]

Didn''t see it but i think those fans behind the goal showed great restraint when Deeney scored because he ran over and celebrated in front of them. A Walsall fan threw a bottle at Forster when we scored the winner.

I''m not excusing anyone throwing things onto the pitch but it did give Forster a chance to waste a bit of time walking to the bottle and moving it, which was sweet considering how long Mattis took to walk off the pitch when he was subbed. How he didn''t get a yellow card I''ll never know.

I think that the Norwich fans outnumbered the Walsall fans. The attendance on the BBC site says just over 5000 and I''m sure that there were more than 1300 or so Norwich fans. We had an entire stand behind one goal (where I was) AKA The Left Side and also a reasonable chunk of the adjacent satnd AKA The Right Side.

Anyway, all of this doesn''t really matter. We got 3 points. Leeds didn''t. Lambert & teh squad came over and applauded us after the match.