Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

56 points to play for...

obviously some teams below us have even more? What are peoples thoughts on how many points we will achieve and what is a realistic automatic promotion points total?

Someone said that 10 wins out of the last 19 matches would give City 90 points - in a normal season this would be enough for automatic promotion at a canter. Unfortunately it''s shaping up that someone could get to 90 points and still have to settle for the play-offs. I think we might need 100 points to guarantee promotion this time round!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]obviously some teams below us have even more? What are peoples thoughts on how many points we will achieve and what is a realistic automatic promotion points total?[/quote]

Why are we writing off the 57th point to play for?

I had a look at previous seasons (the past 8 seasons) stats on the football league website and worked out on average to secure an automatic promotion spot you need greater than 82 points. However there are the extremes to consider, last season you would have needed greater than 87 points, but back in 05/06 you would have only needed greater than 76 points.Personally I''m going to play it safe and say we need to hit about 85 points to get an automatic spot.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]We''re going to need close to 95 i would think to be certain of 2nd place but we should be looking at every game one at a time trying to get 3pts. 116 pts is the target![/quote]I think 95 is a bit steep! but if that''s what we need then it will be some kind of record, I don''t think in the history of the league anyone has ever needed that many points?

Human psychology says if you aim for the minimum your focus is in the wrong place! (e.g. Delia saying 17th place in the Prem would be good - relegation followed - need I say more?).

Aim high - that''s what Paul Lambert is doing. Look to win every game folks; 100 points and 100 goals is very much achievable this season!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]think you will find its 54! 18 games left.18 x3 = 54[/quote]

Apologise for my mathmatical error, it was early and i was using my Norfolk born and bred fingers and toes to do my calculating!!!

We could still lose another 7 games and still get 93 points, we''d have to win all the rest though. But we won''t lose even half that many. We may not lose any at all! I know it''s prudent[W] to be cautious but 12 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats would give us 100 points and if we carry on with the current average of 2.2 goals per game we will score 100 goals too.

So there''s my prediction! We''re not cautious in my tent and I can pee as far as any of you[:O][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We could still lose another 7 games and still get 93 points, we''d have to win all the rest though. But we won''t lose even half that many. We may not lose any at all! I know it''s prudent[W] to be cautious but 12 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats would give us 100 points and if we carry on with the current average of 2.2 goals per game we will score 100 goals too.

So there''s my prediction! We''re not cautious in my tent and I can pee as far as any of you[:O][;)]

[/quote]

What is with you and all these tents? [;)]

I think we will see in the next 2 games just how far we have come as a club, without our talisman Holt leading the line those goals might not be as easy to come by. But as always with Norwich I err on the side of caution. I hope to be proved wrong.