Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Player of the season so far?

Who would you say has been player of the season as we approach Christmas?  For me there are only 3 candidates:

1. Greeno- We all knew how good Greeno was before the start of this season.  However, the first few months of the Premiership campaign have only reinforced our opinion IMO.  He has kept us in games and made some superb saves.  One of the best players we have had a Carrow Road for many years
  2. Charlton- I think it''s fair to say that when we signed Charlton I was not overly enamoured with the prospect.  I saw a particularly short, ageing defender who wouldn''t offer much.  However, he has been absolutely magnificent so far.  The most consistent of all Worthy''s summer signings by a long way.  Fast and a good tackler, Charlton has helped keep hold of many strikers so far.
  3. Francis- I think we all thought with Franics that, like with Greeno, he would be able to make the step up to the Premiership.  And boy we haven''t been disappointed!  He has been absolutely superb.  Battling hard, passing well and chipping in with some important goals.  Hopefully he''ll be back soon

For me the winner has to go to Franny.  He''s been a star

Thoughts?

My vote goes with Francis aswell - of all the players, he is the one who has exceeded my expectations the most. Still plenty of time for some other players to take the mantle though....

I would say francis, but that would change in a few games time if he doesnt come back from injury. after ho i would say Greeno.

Lets hope we keep hold of both of them in January and at the end of the season

Also is francis fully commited to Jamacia yet? Because I think he was called up for them but never actually played. Maybe, in a year or two if he continues his form and Gerrard and Butt are injured he could play for England. Maybe wishful thinking,

I think both Francis and Greeno have done themselves proud so far. Charlton too, he''s a strong defender but is also quite creative, he did really well on saturday too.

Agree that it probably is Francis, with Green and then Hux in third ahead of Charlie.OTBC

Has to be Francis, him and greeno have excelled and i will be surprised if we can hold on to both if we were to go down at the end of the season. hopefully that won''t be the case.

You''ve got the right three but I believe consistency hangs heavy.

Charlton is my no 1 - has been invaluable with his consistency, aggression and overall nous. Its not entirely his fault he is paired with another "shortie" in the centre of defence. Have to say, that left back looks like an even better position.

Greeno my no 2 - how many points has he earned us - most of the drawn games for starters. And Mr Consistency.

Francis - fantastic - but have been a few games when he has been quiet - so not so consistent overall.

Mine,purely for exceeding almost everyone''s expectations is Edworthy,he''s been solid all season and managing to keep an experienced international out of the right back position.

Francis for me on the performances so far, followed closely by Greeno..

P.S. If you''re reading this Hucks you''re still my favourite of course.

It has to be Edworthy for me too. His performances have been absolutely terrific, not only for his defensive covering back, but also for his blistering runs down the line. Pound for pound, he has to be one of our best signings so far.