Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

Lambo - inspired subs!

Lambert got the substitutions spot on again just as he did at

colchester. Smith sounded a little tired which is understandable

considering he is only 18 and this is his first full season and Johnson

done well but sounded a little tired after starting for the first time.

What impressed me was the hunger of the two subs Mac and Cody, they

both looked so up for it and determined  to prove a point. Whatever

Lambert has said to them while they have been on the bench certainly

done the trick as they both looked so hungry to impress and very

lively. So pleased for Cody getting the goal, he has had to wait for a

long time for an opportunity and that winner must do his confidence no

end off good.

Not heard much on how McNamee did tonight as all hype on Cody - did he do well?

Feel sorry for the guy, asw not had a chance to prove his worth, however it could be the catalyst (similar to lambo dropping hoolahan)

[quote user="The Duke"]was his run that led to the corner for the first goal and was involved in the second goal too[/quote]Agree that it was McNamee who made the difference tonight.  He only had two or 3 touches but they were telling ones and Walsall were frightened of his pace, skill and direct approach... [Y]

Just got back home, tired and cold but happy, certainly agree that it was inspired substitutions buy our ''''God''''

The last 20 mins made the freezing weather seem somewhat warmer.

OK, we have are top of the table and we have won 16 of our last 19 league games.But isn''t this as expected before the season? We have not played in the third tier since 1960, and we played in Premier League five years ago.Next season will be the real test for Lambert. Don''t compare him with Grant, Roeder or Gunn, let''s see if he can do same as Worthy did before we name him "God".

[quote user="Ole"]But isn''t this as expected before the season? [/quote]

Only by complete idiots.

The guy inherited a squad devoid of confidence or spirit, with no idea who its best players were or what formation they should play in to bring out the best in them. I think 16 wins in 19 games at any level is pretty awesome and is enough evidence for me to suggest the guy compares favourably with Grant, Roeder and the hopeless Gunn.

Once Lappin went to left back we really lacked balance further up the pitch on the left, Hughes is a good player but he''s not a left sided player and this caused us problems. Lambert first tried moving Hoolahan to the left to sort this but in the end went for McNamee and it paid dividends as we then took control. Both Cody and McNamee gave us a spark and an injection of pace.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Ole"]But isn''t this as expected before the season? [/quote]

Only by complete idiots.[/quote]Thanks [:D]But I will still say I expected us to win be League One champions before the season started. And I thought the same after the first game (1-7).