Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Col Whos crowd last night

Hahahahaha, totally forgot to check that out, as I knew it would happen and it would be most amusing.Brilliant!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Brilliant, did you also see how many they took to Gillingham? about 200 if that, small pathetic club.
[/quote]

Probably the same reason Brentford didn''t sell their 900. Too short notice after the Cup replays. 310.

Oh and the tiny matter of a ever-so slightly demoralising 0-12 start to the year wouldn''t you say.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]and only about 60 franchisees too.[/quote]

Hi Magnificent - did the 60 sit in the home end or the away end?

By the way good signing Prutton - are Leeds mad - loaning a quality player to a promotion rival.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Brilliant, did you also see how many they took to Gillingham? about 200 if that, small pathetic club.[/quote]

Probably the same reason Brentford didn''t sell their 900. Too short notice after the Cup replays. 310.

Oh and the tiny matter of a ever-so slightly demoralising 0-12 start to the year wouldn''t you say.

[/quote]Fairweather fans lol.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]and only about 60 franchisees too.[/quote] Hi Magnificent - did the 60 sit in the home end or the away end? By the way good signing Prutton - are Leeds mad - loaning a quality player to a promotion rival.[/quote]

No they sat huddled at the top of teh central block with 30 stewards as company.

Prutton was class when he came on and scored a 25 yarder within 2 minutes. Showed how inept our spine was against City.

You''ll be wanting a favour this Saturday I presume !!!!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Brilliant, did you also see how many they took to Gillingham? about 200 if that, small pathetic club.[/quote]

[/quote]Because that''s a good reason to not go and support your team, typical Colchester

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]and only about 60 franchisees too.[/quote] Hi Magnificent - did the 60 sit in the home end or the away end? By the way good signing Prutton - are Leeds mad - loaning a quality player to a promotion rival.[/quote]

No they sat huddled at the top of teh central block with 30 stewards as company.

Prutton was class when he came on and scored a 25 yarder within 2 minutes. Showed how inept our spine was against City.

[/quote]

A draw would be nice - but if you beat them they could completely crack

The truth is it has several much bigger clubs fairly close by. Only those who are dedicated enough to resist being a glory hunter are left.

I went to Cuckoo Farm last night. Poor game. MK were dreadful and hardly created anything. Prutton looked good when he came on and scored a cracker from 25 yds in the top corner. Looks like he''ll be a good signing if he can last 90 mins. ColU were good for the 2-0 win and Lisbie even missed a pen. Although, credit to the MK keeper it was actually a very good save.

One of the coldest matches I''ve ever been to as well - I was wrapped up like the Michelin Man but it still took me 15 mins to thaw out when I got in the pub.

Predictably, the 2-1 result for City got a big groan from the ColU fans. Excellent stuff.

[quote user="Col Canary"]

I went to Cuckoo Farm last night. Poor game. MK were dreadful and hardly created anything. Prutton looked good when he came on and scored a cracker from 25 yds in the top corner. Looks like he''ll be a good signing if he can last 90 mins. ColU were good for the 2-0 win and Lisbie even missed a pen. Although, credit to the MK keeper it was actually a very good save.

One of the coldest matches I''ve ever been to as well - I was wrapped up like the Michelin Man but it still took me 15 mins to thaw out when I got in the pub.

Predictably, the 2-1 result for City got a big groan from the ColU fans. Excellent stuff.

[/quote]

Not thrown out then Col?

[:$] I was born in Colchester, and so until recently always had a soft spot for Col Utd. Never supported them though as I moved to Norfolk as a kid and was introduced to proper football.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]and only about 60 franchisees too.[/quote]

Thanks for still coming on here.  Gives us all something to laugh at!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Was 3601 for an east anglian top 6 derby. Nice one Robbie - where have all these new fans gone[/quote]

Have to laugh don''t you [:)] Bet they''ll never ever get a 10,000 crowd again [:)]

Yes it''s a very poor attendance and and it just goes to show how small their fanbase is, clearly the vast majority of people in essex couldn''t give a stuff about Colchester and would rather support the likes of West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs like a bunch of gloryhunters. But yets give credit to the very few genuine Col U fans out there who do go to games, they are a credit to football for sticking with their local despite it being such a tin pot club.

I find it funny just cos it rubs it in Cowlings face. I have nothing against the ColU supporters and in a lot of ways they have done very well to maintain a promotion push, where the teams round them must have so much bigger budgets. Oh and yes gl on Saturday, a nice hard fought 1-0 win on a heavy pitch would be just the ticket.

[/quote]

And one for yourselves too.  I''d much rather see you come up with us than Leeds

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The truth is it has several much bigger clubs fairly close by. Only those who are dedicated enough to resist being a glory hunter are left.
[/quote]

Yes and that is why Cowling/Lambert rubbish excepted, I am happy to see them prosper.  Small local clubs deserve to survive in the face of fashionistas and glory hunters

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Was 3601 for an east anglian top 6 derby. Nice one Robbie - where have all these new fans gone[/quote]

Have to laugh don''t you [:)] Bet they''ll never ever get a 10,000 crowd again [:)]

[/quote]

And shows what fans we are, we took almost as many fans to Walsall last night there were closer to 2000 than 1363 think someone cooking the books at Walsall here   

I thought that Pete, awfully strange that first game we had sold 2200 and must have been allocated same seats as last night. There were only a few empty away seats last night. Also they wouldnt give tickets to those that payed cash

[quote user="Magnificent Five"]

[/quote]I wouldnt put it past ol Cowling to tell Hoofroyd to put Dorris the tea Lady in goal just so Colchester lose thus giving Leeds the 3 pts