Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Leeds can not compete with our strenth in depth!

After having a little look on the Leeds message boards one thing they said was about our strength in depth. This got me thinking about what strength in depth we have in our squad. This is for once something i am very happy with. We have at least 2 in some cases 3 players cover for each position. We can even put out a second team which would most likely beat a majority of teams in this league.

if you take our starting XI as Forster, Drury, Askou, Doherty, Martin, Smith, Lappin, Russel, Hoolahan, Martin, Holt

We can have a second XI of Rudd, Wiggins, Nelson, Whitbread, Spillane, McNamee, Hughes, Gill, Daley, Johnson, Macdonald

even the second team can boast two England U19 internationals Rudd and Daley although think Daley is too old now?, Wales U21 left back Wiggins, Ireland U21 captain Spillane, a USA U23 international (Whitbread) and a full Scottish international (Hughes), didn''t even include Tudor-Jones who is a full Welsh international.

Not to mention our promising young players like Francomb, Adeyemi, Stevens, Steer ect.

I don''t think Leeds can boast such strength in depth i mean they have Andy Hughes playing Left back FFS!

Andy Hughes was a Norwich Player in the Championship though, Martin hardly set the world alight in the Championship and has adapted brilliantly this season!

Andy Hughes is one of the worst players i have seen pull on a Norwich shirt in the last 20 years! league one is certainly his level. Plenty of effort no product.

[quote user="willynaylor"]andy hughes is of course a very limited player, but he''s performed very well for us so far this season.[/quote] Yeah i liked the guy his energy and commitment can''t be questioned but if/when you go up he will be found wanting.

[quote user="willynaylor"]andy hughes is of course a very limited player, but he''s performed very well for us so far this season.[/quote]He developed a bit of a cult status here.Put lots of effort in without really showing a great deal of skill.