Sign in to follow this  
pdlufc

HELP REQUIRED FROM 1980'S

Hi everyone , i''m hoping an older NCFC fan can help wih this..1983/84ish , i played in a junior football tournament called The Canary Cup .I think it was Easter and we stayed in a caravan in Gt Yarmouth .On the Saturday we attended a match at CR and the oppos were Stoke.I''m sure the game ended 2-2 and my request is ... does anyone have any match info from this fixture ... i am interested in the players /attendance etc.I usually keep the programmes from all games , but i have turned the house upside down looking for this one ... can anyone help ?thanks in advance.

21st April 1984. Norwich City 2 - 2 Stoke City

Norwich scorers: Rosario 54, Deehan 72.

Stoke scorers : Mcllroy 5, Chamberlain M 70.

Norwich Team: Woods Devine Downs Mendham Hareide Watson Rosario Channon Deehan Van Wijk Donowa

Att. 16,084

Courtesy of nutty nigels sad collection of stats[;)]

the canary cup was played over easter i catererd for it on the mag in gorleston there were some good teams from here and all over europe a lot of league teams were reprisented i remember celtic rangers inter milan off the top of my head pd you proberly stayed at seashore park in yarmouth just been up my loft to get stats but nutty beat me to it clever sod all the best .

This game sticks in my mind as it was my first visit to CR. Previously I had seen City at Arsenal but never got to a home game before this one. I don''t remember much about the game but I remember Rosario getting presented with a sponsored car which was driven onto the edge of the pitch. It was a small Fiat or similar. Times change a bit don''t they.

Fantastic info guys , thanks very much ...i remember we had to parade around the pitch before the game .As for the tournament , yes it was an international event ... ooh he memories !!!only 16k !!? as a then 13 year old and over 25 years later my mind conjures up a huge stadium full to the rafters...happy days ... much appreciated