Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Cody "you know" McDonald

he can say whatever he bloody likes aslong as he bangs in more important goals like tonights!!!!

[quote user="manbearpig"]

Did anyone just hear his interview I lost count on how many times he said "you know".

[/quote]leave him! he''s nervous bless him.

Did anyone just hear his interview I lost count on how many times he said "you know".

[/quote]Crumbs.  Footballer and ex-scaffolder in "not the most articulate person on the BBC tonight" shocker.His goal did all the talking we needed.

I liked what he said for all he has been through sure he thought his days were numbered when we signed Oli. He is quite clearly 100 % behind getting this club promoted, and lets not forget he has a dream of being a top footballer and does not want to go back to his previous life.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"][quote user="manbearpig"]

[/quote]leave him! he''s nervous bless him.[/quote]

Agreed

[/quote]

"You know" is a verbal crutch which is used by a lot of people when they are trying to think about what to say next. Footballers are paid for what they can do with their feet, not to be great orators or intellectuals, so I don''t care if their post match interviews are hardly the Gettysburg Address. What was Winston Churchill like with a ball at his feet?

Being something of an orator I normally notice and count the "you knows" but feeling so ecstatic at the city win and the Cody Goal in particular there was no count

[quote user="Helen"]Never mind Cody ''you know'' McDonald, has anyone noticed how much Hoolahan says ''Herpes''. I recon Cody caught it from Hooli [:P][/quote]How very dare you!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Helen"]Never mind Cody ''you know'' McDonald, has anyone noticed how much Hoolahan says ''Herpes''. I recon Cody caught it from Hooli [:P][/quote]

How very dare you!
[/quote]

How very dare you manipulate my words! [:P]

[quote user="pennywise "]compared to stevie "erm" gerrard he`s bloody  david niven   [:D][/quote]lol...i notice alot of players stumble and say yaknow when being interviewed...Cody Macs feet did the talking last night

It is hard to talk on radio and not mutter ''err'' or ''you know''. It really is! So when you''re really nervous like Cody would have been, I think he did very well!