Sign in to follow this  
Canarychick

Drury playing for reserves tonight

Just seen on canaries'' website that Drury is playing for reserves against Coventry tonight. I am quite surprised by this as far as injuries etc. go.Wonder how long it will take for him to get his first team place back??????

He wasn''t injured for Saturday''s game, but was dropped.

He''d been out of sorts for a couple of weeks, what with his passing game going adrift etc. So now is the ideal time for him to prove to Worthy that he is a candidate for the regular back four.

This is what we want, competition for places, not a god-given right to turn out every time.

I think in ''giving him a rest'' Worthy is talking about high pressure first team games, and I think its a fine idea myself. It''ll surely have the effect of making him focus and work on his weaknesses no matter how good a player he is already.

Personally I think that a couple of others could do with a rest from first team action too, or perhaps start a game or two on the bench. If nothing else it at least lets the other squad members know that they''ve got a chance of breaking into the team and lets the first teamers know that no one is 100% assured of a place...     dare I say it.....      yes I do....                 even Darren Huckerby.