Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Is Wiggins injured?

on what basis? Wiggins is still an unknown quantity, yet Lappin has deputised twice and has done a good job.

Plus we can''t transfer Wiggins onto the subs bench last minute, if you mean for Saturday then I think we should still go Lappin left back and give Hughes a run out!

He''s fit, just hasn''t had a chance with Drury doing so well at left back. I agree that he should come in, allowing us the leave the midfield alone. When Lappin dropped to left back last night the game turned in Walsall''s favour. Hughes is a good player but without a natural left footed player on the left side of midfield it unbalanced things, and Drury is a much better defender than Lappin.

Agreed!

I haven''t seen that he''s injured, I doubt he''d be on the bench because Lambert had another option with Lappin in the side so he would be a waste of a sub.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

on what basis? Wiggins is still an unknown quantity, yet Lappin has deputised twice and has done a good job.

Plus we can''t transfer Wiggins onto the subs bench last minute, if you mean for Saturday then I think we should still go Lappin left back and give Hughes a run out!

[/quote]Yeah, I meant last night of course. I figured that Lambert could move fast enough to turn the world backwards in a Superman stylee and put Wiggins on the bench in place of Whitbread. 

[quote user="shortfatb"]
Yeah, I meant last night of course. I figured that Lambert could move fast enough to turn the world backwards in a Superman stylee and put Wiggins on the bench in place of Whitbread
[/quote]

I wouldn''t put it past him[;)]

I agree with BYG, I think Lappin was OK at LB, but we missed him in midfield. And I don''t understand why he doesn''t take more free kicks. He came close last night and I still remember his wondr strike a couple of seasons ago at Luton.

The Bench on Tuesday was

Rudd,
Gill,
Hughes,
Whitbread,
McNamee,
Danny Kelly,
McDonald

On that basis I can see why Wiggins doesnt make the bench particularly as Lappin can cover in that position as someone said earlier. When Daley is fit and Holty comes back I would presume Daley, McDonald and Johnson are battling just to get on the bench! Some great depth in that squad.

New signing as well. Could be very exciting.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

He''s fit, just hasn''t had a chance with Drury doing so well at left back. I agree that he should come in, allowing us the leave the midfield alone. When Lappin dropped to left back last night the game turned in Walsall''s favour. Hughes is a good player but without a natural left footed player on the left side of midfield it unbalanced things, and Drury is a much better defender than Lappin.

[/quote]

Spot on. Why make two changes when you only have to make one? Our success has been based on consistency of selection and formation. Lappin as the left midfielder becomes even more important as a supplier to the front two with Drury out.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Spot on. Why make two changes when you only have to make one? Our success has been based on consistency of selection and formation. Lappin as the left midfielder becomes even more important as a supplier to the front two with Drury out.

[/quote]Agree 100%. And to be fair to Lappin he''s always willing - but it was playing at LB v Plymouth in his second game for Roeder that all his troubles began - and he knows it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

agreed good observation