Sign in to follow this  
NottsCanary

Cody to start on sat?

Anyone else think that PL will start cody on sat? Or will he be used as the super-sub??Same for Mcnamee? Lappin at left back or wiggins coming in to keep lappin in LM??

A lot depends on the fitness of Drury.I don''t think Lappin is as good a left back in the diamond as he is a midfielder. So if Drury doesn''tt make it I think Lambo will switch to 4-4-2.That said I would expect Olli to start rather than Cody.

hughes will come in if drury is injured and lappin will drop back methinks. id stick with OJ personally, but wouldnt mind seeing Cody get a start

Yeah, I personally would like to see how cody does starting, as we all know that if he isnt up to it, oli can come on. That said, it works the other way round too!!

I have to go with the op on this one - I think Cody will start. I know it wasnt Olis type of pitch, but to be fair until Cody came on we never looked like scoring, and Oli lost the ball on numerous occassions. Cant totally remember but I think Oli gave the ball away for their goal. I struggle with 2 creative players ie Oli and Hooli as we lose the ball to easy.

But what do I know I am sure whatever PL does will work

So then if Cody starts does he start up front with Martin?Where do we play Hoolahoop then?

As I mentioned in a thread earlier this week, I''m not sure if we can accomodate Oli and Wes in the same side and I was a bit surprised when I heard he was in the starting line up. Don''t get me wrong - I love Oli, he''s one of those players who gets the fans on their feet with a burst of pure skill, rather like Huckerby used to do, but for the time being he''s best coming on as sub when needed. Hopefully in the future he will get better and become a regular in the team. For Sat I think Lambert''s got to go with Cody.

Usually system with Cody up top, effectively in Holt''s position although he is a very different type of player. And if Drury isn''t back then Lappin CB with Hughes taking his place in midfield.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]Usually system with Cody up top, effectively in Holt''s position although he is a very different type of player. And if Drury isn''t back then Lappin CB with Hughes taking his place in midfield.[/quote]I see what you are saying but I think Lappin''s performances in midfield have been outstanding, and much better than he can perform at LB.I would be happier if Drury is fit to see Lappin stay where he plays best.Regarding Cody and Olli, I can''t see much between them, its either / or for me.

Yeah I agree it''s not ideal to play Lappin LB and would much rather see him in midfield but I guess it''s him or Wiggins LB if Drury is injured Saturday, or perhaps Whitbread.

Cody and Oli have both done well when coming off the bench but I think Cody''s goal last night puts him ahead for Saturday.

like to see him given a chance.. either in aa 4-3-3 or put oli on the bench again and stick him up front with Super Chris.

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

Yeah I agree it''s not ideal to play Lappin LB and would much rather see him in midfield but I guess it''s him or Wiggins LB if Drury is injured Saturday, or perhaps Whitbread.

Cody and Oli have both done well when coming off the bench but I think Cody''s goal last night puts him ahead for Saturday.

[/quote]I''d love to hope Wiggins is up to the job, it would certainly solve a problem. Though maybe it would be safer to play him behind Lappin in a 4-4-2 initially?I don''t know if either Cody or Olli have the fitness for 90 minutes.And then where do we put Wes?Lol, glad I''m not a manager.

It would and I think he should be given a go, but I trust Lambert''s judgement on him.

I personally wouldn''t change system to 4-4-2 as it would open up problems with accomadating Wes.

And I don''t think Oli and Cody do have full fitness for 90 mins, but one can come on for the other.

All problems I''m glad I don''t have and Lambert I''m sure will make the right decision. [:)]

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

It would and I think he should be given a go, but I trust Lambert''s judgement on him.

I personally wouldn''t change system to 4-4-2 as it would open up problems with accomadating Wes.

And I don''t think Oli and Cody do have full fitness for 90 mins, but one can come on for the other.

All problems I''m glad I don''t have and Lambert I''m sure will make the right decision. [:)]

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]Usually system with Cody up top, effectively in Holt''s position although he is a very different type of player. And if Drury isn''t back then Lappin CB with Hughes taking his place in midfield.[/quote]

I see what you are saying but I think Lappin''s performances in midfield have been outstanding, and much better than he can perform at LB.

I would be happier if Drury is fit to see Lappin stay where he plays best.

Regarding Cody and Olli, I can''t see much between them, its either / or for me.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more "morty"

I think that the diamond works, it fits the players and they fit it.Whether it can work with out Holt I am not sure.But I think that the less fiddling with it all the better, its not broke, no need to fix it!

I don''t think Cody has had a start this season under Lambert. I saw him come on and score a great goal at Gillingham, and last night only re-emphasised what a good finisher he is. Oli has had his start and failed to make an impact. so surely Cody must now be given his chance alongside Chris Martin.  Lambert seems a very fair man to me and must know that Cody must be rewarded at last.  [<:o)]

I think having Afro Pele come on from the bench is more effective late in the game as his skill and trickery against unfit pub defenders has been shown against Colchester and the week before - i forget the team.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Cody is in the reserve squad for the game agaisnt Stevenage so I wouldn''t expect him to start on Saturday.[/quote]

Wiggins is in the reserve squad too, so an opportunity to convince Lambert he is worth a punt on Saturday.

[quote user="Chip20"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Cody is in the reserve squad for the game agaisnt Stevenage so I wouldn''t expect him to start on Saturday.[/quote]

Wiggins is in the reserve squad too, so an opportunity to convince Lambert he is worth a punt on Saturday.

[/quote]Interesting.

No doubt he''s lacking in match fitness after so long warming the bench. Perhaps Lambert will give him and Oli one half each of Saturday''s game.  

Hope drury is fit, we missed him badly when he went off last night. Not sure who will start upfront but will trust Lambert''s judgement.

Yeah, I think usual system, just with cody in for holt. That would mean proberbly wiggins in LB. If he isnt available, then looks like we will have to go 442. Would hoolhoop be able to play CM in that formation? WHat PL does, I trust him!

[quote user="cityangel"]Hope drury is fit, we missed him badly when he went off last night. Not sure who will start upfront but will trust Lambert''s judgement.[/quote]just wondered if he might be put Zak in there at LB if Drury is out so he can keep Lappin in  midfield