Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Curo off to Gillingham today!!!

Unreal that he is that high up on the wage bill.... Hughes not surprising from what i have seen probably could cut it at championship level!?

True, 23 goals in the Chamionship was a good return but like any Norwich fan that has watched him in the last two years should know that his legs have gone, evidence of this is getting caught offside constantly!!! Our relagation season he had so many chances i mean even O.G. scored more goals than him.... Poor Poor Player.... should of shipped him off to Barnsley when we had the chance!?

[quote user="Big Slob"]I''ve heard he''s on 8k a week, not sure about the truth of it though
[/quote]

I heard this too, but think he had a contractual wage cut if we got relegated.

I imagine Gills will only be loaning him so would expect we will still be paying the majority of his wages. Every little helps though.

Well its save to say that he will be on a serious wage cut at Gillingham. I dont question his want to do well for City in the past and he did have glimpes, i.e. Scum game 2-2, and his hatrick against Barnsley but never performed consistantly for us. It just angers me that he can claim 5-8k a week of us and not produce the goods!!!!

I went and watched training last season as my friend sponsers Tom Adeyemi, and he drives a Bentley but ironically he was wearing the donkey shirt that the players issue to the donkey of the game previously missed two sitters against Plymouth!!!

Shocker.....

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

Source?? about the move to Gillingham?!

Is that what you meant by Ketchup? if so what are you 10?!

[/quote]

Thrice again, source?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

Source?? about the move to Gillingham?!

Is that what you meant by Ketchup? if so what are you 10?!

[/quote]

Thrice again, source?

[/quote]

Ever felt like you are banging your head against a wall?

As I supected, you''re just guessing, Jamie''s problem is his high wage demands and the Gills would struggle to pay them, as would most teams in the lower leagues.

Well maybe he should wake up and smell the music, he needs to take a wage cut if he wants to play anymore 1st team football. Clearly Lambert doesnt want him Gillingham manager has already spoken about the want to sign him, he has also mentioned his wages also.

I think its in Curo''s hands now!!!

Just want him to go.....

I also think turning up to training in a Bentley is really sticking two fingers up at the club.I don''t blame Jamie for taking our money for no end product, we all would in similar circumstances, but it doesn''t mean I like it.

He''s gonna take a cut in wages wherever he goes because he''s getting old and is not good anymore, so Wizard, saying Gillingham won''t afford his 5k/8k or whatever he''s on a week is rubbish he will quite obviously take a cut. [:)]

[quote user="Paul Lamberts Disciple"]But why does he have such high wage demands, Wizard?

Is he still dining out on that golden boot?
[/quote]

Because Grant was an idiot!

You all know I love Jamie, but his wages are bleeding us badly now.[:S]

Why would he take a cut? He can quite happily and deservedly stay at Norwich until the end of his contract and then move in the summer if he so desires. I suspect Jaime is strongly considering retirement this coming summer so why uproot yourself from your family and home to go live in a hotel in Kent for 6 months?

For him to move it will have to be a loan deal will Norwich and the other club spliting his wages. I also suspect Jaime will only be up for this if he is considering playing for another season after this one.

He was given a silly contract by Grant/Doncaster and it isn''t up to him to "do the right thing" and put himself and his family out just to please Norwich. At the end of every players career they have to start thinking about what is best for them. Imagine going from earning around a million pounds a year to nothing over night at the age of 35; the mistake was made years ago and it isn''t up to JC to fix it.

[quote user="morty"]I also think turning up to training in a Bentley is really sticking two fingers up at the club.

I don''t blame Jamie for taking our money for no end product, we all would in similar circumstances, but it doesn''t mean I like it.
[/quote]

I don''t think that''s true or fair.

It may not have worked out for him here but he always gave everything whenever he played for us.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Why would he take a cut? He can quite happily and deservedly stay at Norwich until the end of his contract and then move in the summer if he so desires. I suspect Jaime is strongly considering retirement this coming summer so why uproot yourself from your family and home to go live in a hotel in Kent for 6 months?

For him to move it will have to be a loan deal will Norwich and the other club spliting his wages. I also suspect Jaime will only be up for this if he is considering playing for another season after this one.

He was given a silly contract by Grant/Doncaster and it isn''t up to him to "do the right thing" and put himself and his family out just to please Norwich. At the end of every players career they have to start thinking about what is best for them. Imagine going from earning around a million pounds a year to nothing over night at the age of 35; the mistake was made years ago and it isn''t up to JC to fix it.

[/quote]No one is denying those facts, they have been adequately covered in other threads.But it has got to the stage where Jamie has turned from a figure who we admire to someone who we see as a burden now. As long as he is willing to sacrifice any respect that we have for him then he is more than welcome to stay here and take the money.[:)]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="morty"]I also think turning up to training in a Bentley is really sticking two fingers up at the club.I don''t blame Jamie for taking our money for no end product, we all would in similar circumstances, but it doesn''t mean I like it.[/quote]

It may not have worked out for him here but he always gave everything whenever he played for us.

[/quote]So what is he giving us now? He''s not even making the bench. See my other post previously about self respect.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="morty"]I also think turning up to training in a Bentley is really sticking two fingers up at the club.

I don''t blame Jamie for taking our money for no end product, we all would in similar circumstances, but it doesn''t mean I like it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So what is he giving us now? He''s not even making the bench. See my other post previously about self respect.

[:)]
[/quote]

I accept that point, but I don''t think him turning up in a bentley is two fingers up to the club. He''s had a succesful career pretty much everywhere other than here.

Anyway, this article would seem to suggest he''s not heading for Gills:

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10416~1947561,00.html

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="morty"]I also think turning up to training in a Bentley is really sticking two fingers up at the club.I don''t blame Jamie for taking our money for no end product, we all would in similar circumstances, but it doesn''t mean I like it.[/quote]

[/quote]So what is he giving us now? He''s not even making the bench. See my other post previously about self respect.[:)][/quote]

I accept that point, but I don''t think him turning up in a bentley is two fingers up to the club. He''s had a succesful career pretty much everywhere other than here.

[/quote]Well maybe I am applying my own principles here, if I was blatantly taking a clubs money like he is I''d be more tempted to keep a lower profile and come to work in the wife''s VW Polo (or whatever she drives).

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what is he giving us now? He''s not even making the bench. See my other post previously about self respect.

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well maybe I am applying my own principles here, if I was blatantly taking a clubs money like he is I''d be more tempted to keep a lower profile and come to work in the wife''s VW Polo (or whatever she drives).
[/quote]

Maybe she has a chauffer driven Maybach :-P