Sign in to follow this  
barclaybabe

What did happen to peter Grant?

[quote user="barclaybabe"]Hes just disappeared from the centre of this earth and not forgetting Roeder the rat[/quote]They became gay lovers and moved to California.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Tonight he''s the number 2 at Celtic, under Tony Mowbray.  Tomorrow, who knows ?[/quote]He''ll still be a number 2.

He went to West Brom a few months after leaving Norwich as Tony Mowbray''s assistant and moved with him to Celtic last summer. However, how long he''ll be there is anyone''s guess as Celtic''s season went from bad to worse tonight!

[quote user="barclaybabe"]how the hell did he get there? probs very lucky i think[/quote]He went to help Mowbray out after he finished with Norwich, when Mowbray was manager at West Brom.  Then he just followed Mowbray to Celtic I guess.If they get sacked tomorrow, maybe they will become gay lovers and move to California.

[quote user="RonDavies"]He went to West Brom a few months after leaving Norwich as Tony Mowbray''s assistant and moved with him to Celtic last summer. However, how long he''ll be there is anyone''s guess as Celtic''s season went from bad to worse tonight![/quote]Damn Ron, you were too quick for me [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Tonight he''s the number 2 at Celtic, under Tony Mowbray.  Tomorrow, who knows ?[/quote]He''ll still be a number 2.[/quote]Some people were just born to be number 2s.

[quote user="RonDavies"]He went to West Brom a few months after leaving Norwich as Tony Mowbray''s assistant and moved with him to Celtic last summer. However, how long he''ll be there is anyone''s guess as Celtic''s season went from bad to worse tonight![/quote]Ten points behind the team at the top with about 20 games left... sound familiar?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="RonDavies"]He went to West Brom a few months after leaving Norwich as Tony Mowbray''s assistant and moved with him to Celtic last summer. However, how long he''ll be there is anyone''s guess as Celtic''s season went from bad to worse tonight![/quote]Ten points behind the team at the top with about 20 games left... sound familiar?[/quote]Yes but when the teams involved are Rangers and Celtic all bets are off! [:D]

is bryan gunn still moping around somewhere, he went quiet but then he was at the colchester match.

probably wanted to see another thrashing for colchester, didnt happen.

probs tear jerking enough for him, bless him

Grant is a highly rated coach, just not a good manager.I blame him for the predicament we are in now, he sponged our parachute payments on people such as Ian Murray, David Marshall and Dave Strihavka; by the time Roeder got here the rot had started and Glenn managed to pause it for 6 months until he ran out of ideas as well.

thats the problem with SPL if your not in touching distance with rangers - game over and sack!

Celtic have loads of injuries and would not be fair to give the chop.

If they did, not sure whether they would go for lambert straight away if though he would definatley go! think they might want someone more experienced...not sure who George Burley?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Grant is a highly rated coach, just not a good manager.

I blame him for the predicament we are in now, he sponged our parachute payments on people such as Ian Murray, David Marshall and Dave Strihavka; by the time Roeder got here the rot had started and Glenn managed to pause it for 6 months until he ran out of ideas as well.
[/quote]

If you''re going to blame anyone, try the people who appointed him.  He didn''t apply for the job, they approached him.  Let''s face it, would you turn it down? 

I''ve seen him in Norwich three or four times in the past 6 months, most recently about a fortnight ago with his wife and two boys.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Small point, Mark Venus is Mowbray''s no 2 - Peter Grant is first team coach. [/quote]While factually accurate, where is the joke in "first team coach" ?  It''s nowhere near as funny as number 2... * guffaw *

[quote user="barclaybabe"]Peter Grant epic fail with every club he goes to, Celtic are the big fools. Good luck to Rangers now[/quote]

The same Peter Grant, who, as an assistant, has had 3 promotions (1 with Bournemouth and 2 with reading) and appeared in a cup final with West Ham.. if thats failure i''d hate to see what you consider success?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Grant is a highly rated coach, just not a good manager.

I blame him for the predicament we are in now, he sponged our parachute payments on people such as Ian Murray, David Marshall and Dave Strihavka; by the time Roeder got here the rot had started and Glenn managed to pause it for 6 months until he ran out of ideas as well.
[/quote]

If you''re going to blame anyone, try the people who appointed him.  He didn''t apply for the job, they approached him.  Let''s face it, would you turn it down? 

I''ve seen him in Norwich three or four times in the past 6 months, most recently about a fortnight ago with his wife and two boys.

[/quote]

It''s true, it was a high risk appointment. He had a good reputation as a coach and some manager experience at Bournemouth (I think). He still did sign some awful players on some long expensive contracts, as well as filling the squad with some dross players as well. Was very much throwing darts at players pictures to select his line ups before the end, have a feeling he will never manage again.

I use to see him quite a lot in Longwater Sainsburys back when I lived around there, could never understand a bloody word he was saying though.

Seems whenever we higher an "old boy" it never really works out.

[quote user="Victor Segura"]At least Grant had the decency to leave when he knew he wasn''t up to it,just a pity Worthington,Roeder and Gunn didn''t.[/quote]Thats a very fair point.

[quote user="RonDavies"]Whether he jumped or was pushed is something of a moot point! Hopeless manager but I liked him as a person, something I can''t say for every manager City have had.[/quote]Of course the point isn''t moot. Realising that you have reached the limit of your abilities and quitting before you do damage shows great judgement.