Sign in to follow this  
N.Ireland Canary

Getting Worse For Portsmouth

Ye Gods - that MUST mean things are serious! Still difficult to feel a lot of sympathy for a club which has had it''s snout in the Premier League cash trough for so many years yet still has made a balls of it''s finances. But I''m sure Pompey will survive, even if they end up in League One like we did.

They look pretty doomed to be honest as there seems to be a different horror story coming out each day. They''re being sued by Sol Campbell for money owed in bonuses and image rights, by Udinese over money owed from transfers and they''ve been late paying their players for two or three months this season. Add this to it and it looks like a club in complete meltdown.

I''d be pretty worried right now if I was a Spurs fan [;)]

[quote]They''re being sued by Sol Campbell for money owed in bonuses and image rights,[/quote]Not Sol "I''m not a greedy man" Campbell ?  Surely ?

Fizzy pop football beckons for Pompey then, shame for their fans but that''s life I''m afriad, and we could find ourselves in a simular predicament in the future and I don''t think there will be too many other fans sheding a tear over it.

When you hear about stories like this it makes you wonder how the likes of Wigan have maniged to punch above their wieght for such a long time, just goes to show what the right kind of management off the field can do for a club.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Fizzy pop football beckons for Pompey then, shame for their fans but that''s life I''m afriad, and we could find ourselves in a simular predicament in the future and I don''t think there will be too many other fans sheding a tear over it.

When you hear about stories like this it makes you wonder how the likes of Wigan have maniged to punch above their wieght for such a long time, just goes to show what the right kind of management off the field can do for a club.[/quote]And a very wealthy owner.