Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Text from Celtic Park

Don''t also forget that there''s no massive transfer funds available at Celtic nowadays as there was to O''Neill, & coming 2nd in Scotland means nothing to Old Firm fans. The pressure at Celtic is huge if you''re not on top. Owen Coyle shied away from it last summer & I''d be surprised even if, as an ex Celtic player & captain, Paul Lambert wanted to take on such a post (if offered) right now. His ambition would be, imho, to get a good Premier league team in 2 or 3 years. assuming NCFC aren''t there by then (of course)

the only line of thinking that may be positive is whats the challenge for him. If you win the title in scotland with celtic then so what, hardly a surprise. The only real lure would be the champions league but even lambert must know that without about 100 million to spend celtic are going nowhere in that competition. I realise Celtic are the love of his life and a big club but to be a real hero down there he would have to get to the second round in europe and win the league in Scotland and if he did neither he would be out of a job.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]

You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.

Oh and Scottish football is shite.
[/quote]

How many of our ex-players would seriously either be interested, or good enough, to do a job at Carrow Road though?

Lambert on the other hand is a Celtic legend, and quite clearly a quality manager.  You would have to be seriously in denial to think that if Celtic came calling he wouldn''t jump ship, it''s obviously going to be his dream job, and who would blame him if he took it?
[/quote]

I''m not so sure, not at this stage in his career anyway.  If he wants to reach the top he''ll stay in England imo.

i have to admit i feel sorry for a team sitting second in the scottish leauge ....

with half a season left.

if lambert decides he wants to go ,he knows if he doesnt win the leauge he will be out on his ear .

would you take the job...? i wouldnt.

1) Is Celtic a significant step up from the club Lambert is currently managing? Yes

2) Does he have a long history with Celtic? Yes

3) Does he love the club? Yes

4) Are his family living close by? Yes

Of course he''d take it. Look at all the reasons we think Norwich is a good club to work at - size of crowd, dedicated supporters, facilities, history etc. - they all apply to Celtic, only more so. And there''s no reason why he couldn''t move to the Premiership from Celtic, so the argument that it''s less of a challenge seems irrelevant to me.

My main comfort is that it''s too early in his career for them to take the risk on him. Until he reached us, his record was good but unspectacular. If he takes us up, especially as Champions above Leeds, AND Celtic sack Mowbray, then I''ll be worried. Very worried actually, but let''s cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]1) Is Celtic a significant step up from the club Lambert is currently managing? Yes

2) Does he have a long history with Celtic? Yes

3) Does he love the club? Yes

4) Are his family living close by? Yes

Of course he''d take it. Look at all the reasons we think Norwich is a good club to work at - size of crowd, dedicated supporters, facilities, history etc. - they all apply to Celtic, only more so. And there''s no reason why he couldn''t move to the Premiership from Celtic, so the argument that it''s less of a challenge seems irrelevant to me.

My main comfort is that it''s too early in his career for them to take the risk on him. Until he reached us, his record was good but unspectacular. If he takes us up, especially as Champions above Leeds, AND Celtic sack Mowbray, then I''ll be worried. Very worried actually, but let''s cross that bridge if and when we come to it.[/quote]Agree with all of that, pretty much my thoughts on the matter.Anyone who can''t see the perfect fit between Lambert and Celtic is living in fantasy land, but as you said, there are a number of major conditions that need to be met first.

I can''t believe people are flapping about this, based on some alleged text!!!Of course Lambert will leave us one day for greater things, unless our ambitious board can keep up with him.But when he does leave us we will be a far better club than when he arrived, and I''m sure we will discuss suitable compensation BEFORE he talks to a prospective employer!Its really not worth getting in a tizzy about.[:)]

[quote user="singing canary"]

i have to admit i feel sorry for a team sitting second in the scottish leauge ....

with half a season left.

if lambert decides he wants to go ,he knows if he doesnt win the leauge he will be out on his ear .

would you take the job...? i wouldnt.

[/quote]Unless they tempted him with a massive payrise, I don''t think he''d go.Here, he has a view to the second highest tier in English football, and seeing out his contract in a successive run (hopefully, of course!)At Celtic, the pressure would be immense from an already dejected squad. I''m not so sure he''d be interested if I''m honest. He did rule out a Premier League job, afterall.

[quote user="Victor Segura"]Or perhaps they''d go for Keano,would be a shame as he ''s doing so well for the scum.ha.[/quote]Lol I may go to football rumours and start that one!

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]Just recieved this from a mate at the game tonight...... "hello mate, fu*k*d it up again, after Hibs winner loud chorus of ''One Paul Lambert''. Make no mistake he is top choice to replace this useless c***"[/quote]

He has been sounded out but will see the season through with City.......

Also despite signing a new contract Chris Martin will be Aston Villa bound in the summer.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]Just recieved this from a mate at the game tonight...... "hello mate, fu*k*d it up again, after Hibs winner loud chorus of ''One Paul Lambert''. Make no mistake he is top choice to replace this useless c***"[/quote]

He has been sounded out but will see the season through with City.......

Also despite signing a new contract Chris Martin will be Aston Villa bound in the summer.

[/quote]Lol cluck, you''re a bad ''un!

The only thing is that what is there to achieve with Celtic. Its a two horse race, no chance in Europe. He would be better sticking with Norwich and get us going places or leaving for a club in the Premiership where he could make a huge name for himself.