Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Text from Celtic Park

Just recieved this from a mate at the game tonight...... "hello mate, fu*k*d it up again, after Hibs winner loud chorus of ''One Paul Lambert''. Make no mistake he is top choice to replace this useless c***"

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Why would they need Lambert when they have the genius that is Peter Grant there waiting to take over?[/quote]

roeder needs a job?  or they can go scottish with Gunn...everyones a winner!

Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.Oh and Scottish football is shite.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]Just recieved this from a mate at the game tonight...... "hello mate, fu*k*d it up again, after Hibs winner loud chorus of ''One Paul Lambert''. Make no mistake he is top choice to replace this useless c***"[/quote]

I heard they where singing one alex ferguson? [:S]

If Celtic did come knocking then I think there is a good chance Lambert would go, despite what he has said in the media about not wanting to leave Norwich. Scottish football may be dire in some peoples opinion but Celtic are a massive club, huge, we are but bubbles of anal wind winking and blinking in the bath tub of life by comparison....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.Oh and Scottish football is shite.[/quote]He played for them for 6-7 years, he is extRemely well liked up there and still does interviews with Scottish press about his favourite Celtic momnets etc.He also is a Martin O''Neill disciple, scarily so in fact right down to his clothes. Did O''Neill turn Celtic down depsite being the premiership at the time, no. If he was offered the job at the end of season, I can''t see him staying at Norwich, scottish football being shite or not.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.Oh and Scottish football is shite.[/quote]He played for them for 6-7 years, he is extRemely well liked up there and still does interviews with Scottish press about his favourite Celtic momnets etc.He also is a Martin O''Neill disciple, scarily so in fact right down to his clothes. Did O''Neill turn Celtic down depsite being the premiership at the time, no. If he was offered the job at the end of season, I can''t see him staying at Norwich, scottish football being shite or not.

[/quote]Well you run around waving your hands in the air like the sky is falling in then. I, myself, shall sleep fine tonight.[Y]

[quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]

Totally agree, we need to realise he won''t be with us forever. although every job that comes up at the moment he is linked with, it won''t be long! so prepare to be disappointed when he goes.

I hate it when a manager leaves, but when i see burnley fans chants and booing at owen coyle last night, i think thats stupid. you would never be in premiership if it was not for him, they should be bloody thankful to be there!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.Oh and Scottish football is shite.[/quote]How many of our ex-players would seriously either be interested, or good enough, to do a job at Carrow Road though?Lambert on the other hand is a Celtic legend, and quite clearly a quality manager.  You would have to be seriously in denial to think that if Celtic came calling he wouldn''t jump ship, it''s obviously going to be his dream job, and who would blame him if he took it?

Calm down people.I am having a cammomile tea before bed to settle my brain, I suggest you do the same.[:)]

Lets not get carried away here.

I''ll worry about it once Mowbray has been given the boot and it becomes apparent the kind of calibre of manager that is being attracted.

Celtic would be a bit of a poison chalice if you ask me, lambert is quite inexperienced really and that would be a massive step in terms of club size and standard.

That said, he doesn''t seem the type to shy away from a challenge.

Oh and they will all leave eventually, every single player, the manager, the board, everyone.Just enjoy the ride while it lasts and stop bleating.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]

You know this how? Just because he used to play for them doesn''t particularly mean anything. Look when we appoint a manager, the usual list of ex players gets rolled out.

Oh and Scottish football is shite.
[/quote]

He played for them for 6-7 years, he is extRemely well liked up there and still does interviews with Scottish press about his favourite Celtic momnets etc.

He also is a Martin O''Neill disciple, scarily so in fact right down to his clothes. Did O''Neill turn Celtic down depsite being the premiership at the time, no. If he was offered the job at the end of season, I can''t see him staying at Norwich, scottish football being shite or not.

[/quote]

Well you run around waving your hands in the air like the sky is falling in then. I, myself, shall sleep fine tonight.

[Y]
[/quote]

What about tomorrow night or the night after that.....I suspect your hands will be creeping upwards ever so slightly and that pillow will be a little harder than usual! Oh..... that is if you like DRAMA 

Lambo is a quality young manager, with nothing great, apart from the miracle he seems to be doing at Norwich at the min on his CV. Roeder had a miracle 3 months for us and look what that turned into. Not that I want to put Lambo in the context of that vile man, but we have to be realistic. I think if Lambo gets us promoted it will look much better on his CV and give him the experince needed to take over at Celtic Park in 18 months time. Martin O''Neil worked his way up with Leicester first before taking the big leap. I think Lambert will to. I have no doubt Lambo will turn into a top manager for a top team. I just think he will probably be sensible, and learn the job here for the next 6-18 months. I hope any way!!

thats a good point actually.

however much of a legend he was at celtic - he would be in scottish football. which is not exactly challenging and rather boring!

if you win the league its hardly a big deal...there are only two teams that will win? gets a bit repetitive after the 4th time of playing each other.

would he rather stay in england, take us up (possibly to premiership) and get a decent tp 4 team that could challenge in europe as scottish teams don''t

lets face it most people with hald a football brain if you took your coaching qualifications could keep celtic in the top 2. Its really boring leauge and to be honest although lambert loves and is loved by celtic i cant see him thinking it is a great challenge.

Dont know about the ops text message but I did go on to the cetic 1 Hibs 2 thread. Over 30000 online. Lots want Mowbary out some are saying give him until the end of the season. There is however when anyone mentions a replacement the name Paul Lambert as Celtic seem to have the problems we had and they feel Lambert sorted it out.

I do think however that it is to early for him so surely if Lambert is their man they will keep Mowbray until the summer.

[quote user="Power Ranger Canary"]lets face it most people with hald a football brain if you took your coaching qualifications could keep celtic in the top 2. Its really boring leauge and to be honest although lambert loves and is loved by celtic i cant see him thinking it is a great challenge.[/quote]

Unfortunately Cetic are 10 points behind Rangers and only 2 points above Hibs with Dundee a further point behind. Not 2 horse anymore

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Longy"]Sigh all very well being blaze about this, but I for one inwardly sigh whenever Celtic have a bad defeat. There is no way Lambert turns down the Celtic job under any circumstances.

[/quote]Well you run around waving your hands in the air like the sky is falling in then. I, myself, shall sleep fine tonight.[Y][/quote]I will sleep well enough tonight, thanks Morty. I am very happy with what is happening at our football club at the moment, just being a realist. I like a nice cup of hot chocolate before I go to bed.

I had a quick scout on a couple forums and some fans seem to blame Mowbray, others the players (specifcally McGeady and Samaras) and the board particularly grumbling about lack of funds available, which leads me to believe that the won''t sack Mowbray, just let his contract run out because I believe he''s on a one year rolling contract. So hopefully that means there will be no approach for Lambert until the Summer at the earliest. Although I would like to see Lambert tied to a longer term deal here...

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I had a quick scout on a couple forums and some fans seem to blame Mowbray, others the players (specifcally McGeady and Samaras) and the board particularly grumbling about lack of funds available, which leads me to believe that the won''t sack Mowbray, just let his contract run out because I believe he''s on a one year rolling contract. So hopefully that means there will be no approach for Lambert until the Summer at the earliest. Although I would like to see Lambert tied to a longer term deal here...[/quote]I thought a 12 month rolling contract meant it always had 12 months on it so it never runs out until it''s terminated?

I can''t see Mowbray getting the push until summer so think you''re probably safe this season.

However don''t underestimate the pull to the Celtic board of a popular appointment, particularly after the disaster that Mowbray has become plus there is also the major factor of Lambert''s family still living in Scotland.