I think we have now found the team to make us stay in the Premeirship. Anyone else agree?

I think we have found the formation that can keep us in the prem.

The 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 style is ideal as it ensures we compete in central midfield as this is hugely important, allows Bentley to get the ball and show what he has got, doesn''t mean Hucks is superglued to the touchline and gives him a little more licence and allowed Jonson to prove he is bother winger and centre forward.

What is just as important is that the personnel are interchangeable - Damo could (and will) replace Safri (allowing Damo to get forward, Helveg to hold and Bentley to play).

Mullers could do the Bentley job, Holt could do the holding, McVeigh could be Jonson or Hucks, Leon could be Svensson or Jonson, Jonson could be himself or Svennson, etc, etc.

Stick with the formation (saturdays was like Chelsea''s) and (like Chelsea) have players that do specific jobs and come in to replace their understudy if needed.

I agree that the formation is the key thing 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 with players in on form.  Unchanged team & tactics for Sat please worthy.

OTBC 

[quote]I think we have found the formation that can keep us in the prem. The 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 style is ideal as it ensures we compete in central midfield as this is hugely important, allows Bentley to get th...[/quote]

Give some credit to the players who won the other day. It was their skill and consistency for the whole 90 minutes which won the game. I don''t recall that happening many times this season; it looks like Worthy has finally found a bunch of players who can manage it.

Mulryne does good things occasionally, but he''s far from consistent (unless you count consistently missing every tackle and pass against Southampton in the 2nd half). Personally I don''t rate Holt much either.

The players werent greatly different from the fulham game yet the performance looked like 10 new outfield players.

Of course the players implemented the plan perfectly but then they were all finally playing in their preferred positions. It is the formation (Bents, Hux and Jonson releived of much of their defensive shackells (sic) and defensive midfielders who can defend that made the formation right for NCFC.

The same formation is essential, with broadly the same players not so essential, for chelsea AND Spurs please.

OTBC

No one is taking anything away from the guys that played on saturday, they were terrific. its nice to see that worthy decided toplay 5 in midfield like many of us have been saying over the past weeks. (maybe he does read this message board...)

Anyway i agree we should keep the formation but to not play francis when he''s fit is madness. you can''t leave a player out who has basically kept the team ticking when they were struggling. if he is fit for the chelsea game, though, i think we should keep the same team and maybe introduce him in the second half. OTBC

Sorry to disagree. I think we found the team to beat Bolton but lets face it, injuries forced the choice. But that team won''t always work for different opponents.

But we did find the spirit.

The same spirit that was burning in our entry games but seems to have dissappeared of late.

If we can bottle that and keep it - and select appropriate teams and formations - we''ll prevail.

PS like 4-5-1.