Sign in to follow this  
morty

4 days 2 hours 48 minutes.

And the transfer window slams shut.Are you happy with our dealings?Do we have the squad we need now to get promoted?Would you be happy if we effectively shut our window now?Personally apart from getting shot of Jamie I am happy overall, mostly because, for a change, we haven''t had to sell anyone(Yet, fingers crossed)

This transfer window couldn''t have gone much better to be honest, so far we have maniged to keep hold of our main assets despite fears that we may have to sell. Paul Lambert signings appear to be very impressive although the jury is still out on a couple of them. If the window shut now I would be happy, although another left back for extra cover wouldn''t go a miss.

If things stay as they are then I think most people will be happy - and how could they not be, with the position we''re in ?For a change, it will be nice for us to be worrying about holding onto the players we have, rather than worrying about whether we fail to bring anyone in.

Would obviously like to see a couple of players leave, like Jamie, McVeigh etc but that seems unlikely. Very happy with the squad at the moment and really can''t see any weaknesses. We have a very strong squad for League One and it might be worth "keeping the powder dry" for if/when we are promoted.

We seem to be on the verge of getting one more in, Morty but no idea yet if its an attacker or defender. I think we are o.k. in midfield else Lambert would not have sanctioned the OTJ move. With Drury injury prone I wouldn''t bet against it being a left back but if Jamie goes it could be another forward.To sum it up, I''m buggered if I know.

[quote user="ricardo"]We seem to be on the verge of getting one more in, Morty but no idea yet if its an attacker or defender. I think we are o.k. in midfield else Lambert would not have sanctioned the OTJ move. With Drury injury prone I wouldn''t bet against it being a left back but if Jamie goes it could be another forward.To sum it up, I''m buggered if I know.[/quote]I don''t know either, I''m not too unhappy with what we have already.[:)]

Would like to see us move Cureton, McVeigh, Whaley and Theoklitos out, but I dont know how content they are just to sit on their contract here and not worry about playing football.I had hoped there was some way we could strike a deal with Rochdale for Whaley to move there and hopefully Dawson or Dagnall to join us.As for any arrivals the lad Rose from Stockport has been linked this week and if it is correct Wiggins days might be numbered.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Happy with the arrivals but not happy with the fact that Whaley, McVeigh, Theoklitos, Cureton are still here[/quote]Agree there!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m pleased at the moment.[Y][/quote]Prozac obviously doing the trick then Wiz?

im happy so far (touch wood) that we have kept hold of all our star players .

i think johnson was a quality signing ,

we cant complain , its not like norwich not to want to cash in on our decent players , giving martin a new contract shows for the first time prudence with ambiton ..(hey mr doncaster) ...!!!

yes every confidence we will be a championship team next season .

good work lambert , he really is a bit of a star.

With Drury''s injury record, I think cover at LB would be wise. I don''t think Rose or someone else would necessarily mean Wiggins moving on, as he is young and still developing and I''m not sure Lambert sees Habergham as being ready for the first team yet in a crisis. I would also like to see cover for Holt. Johnson provides another option but his is a very different game and the Walsall game showed a greater struggle for goals.

There''s too much at stake to take chances now with only 18 matches left. Leeds, Charlton, Swindon and even Colchester could suddenly hit form to put pressure on. I think that someone like John Sutton might be the answer for now (I know it''s only a dodgy rumour!) so Lambert can choose the right option to keep things going.