Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Chimp

Michael Rose, Stockport Defender

Apparently travelling down for a medical today, according to Stockport messageboards.No idea whether it''s reliable or not, but thought I would share the info.

Name:Michael Rose
Nationality:English
Date of Birth:28/07/1982
Height:5'' 11" (180cm)
Weight:12st 4lbs (78.0kg)
Previous 
Clubs:Cheltenham (loan), Chester City, Scunthorpe (loan), Hereford, Yeovil Town
Position: Defender

Squad No:3
Birthplace:Salford
Signed:June 2006
Debut:August 2006 v Hereford (H)Apparently a former Man Utd trainee, who has a knack for scoring long rage goals. He is a left back.

Just had a quick look on the Stockport boards and they say he is playing but waiting for a hernia operation....wouldn''t have thought we need another left back with injury problems!!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Apologies Simon, just repeating what I''d read elsewhere this morning.
[/quote]

I wasn''t being a board policeman! Just pointing out he''d already been mentioned to add more credibility to your claims.

I don''t really know why we''d bring him in though, with Whiggins supposedly a very good left-back. I can understand him not wanting to move Lappin, but Hughes did the job in midfield if he had to.

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t really know why we''d bring him in though, with Whiggins supposedly a very good left-back. I can understand him not wanting to move Lappin, but Hughes did the job in midfield if he had to.[/quote]Though, to be fair, how many seasons has Drury got in him? I think he''s the wrong side of 30 and picking up injuries more frequently.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true it doesn''t leave Wiggins in a very good position![/quote]

No, he could be left back........in the changing room.

[/quote]To be fair to him I think he was bought very much as "one for the future"

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t really know why we''d bring him in though, with Whiggins supposedly a very good left-back. [/quote]

Maybe Lambert doesn''t think he is

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true it doesn''t leave Wiggins in a very good position!
[/quote]

Yet another one of Gunn''s follies to bite ze dust![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true it doesn''t leave Wiggins in a very good position![/quote]

[/quote]As much as I like to agree with you, I''m not sure. He''s a young player with potential who may just become a good future asset.I think if he really wasn''t in any plans he would have been released this month.

He''s actually pretty good, apart from his mistake against Mcdonald, he was one of their better players, quick and strong in the tackle, he''s also a threat with his left foot from free kicks.

I saw quite a bit of him during his time at Chester and also the Stockport game this season. Professional and a very solid and able lower leagues player but would be surprised if he could cut it in the Championship. I would think it would be short term solution to provide cover for Drury. Although if he were to play for us at a higher level with us I would be quite happy for him to prove me wrong.

Good signing, and means we''ve got cover everywhere now!He''s young, and - like Lappin, Johnson, Martin, Doc (everyone pretty much) - will likely improve in a winning team playing in front of big, noisy crowds, and for an inspirational manager.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true it doesn''t leave Wiggins in a very good position!
[/quote]

[/quote]

As much as I like to agree with you, I''m not sure. He''s a young player with potential who may just become a good future asset.

I think if he really wasn''t in any plans he would have been released this month.

[/quote]

He''s not especially young though is he? I thought he was around 23. Would seem odd to me to bring in another left-back if he was in our plans, are there any question marks over his attitude? He certainly didn''t seem to get on well with Warnock at Palace (not that that means he has an attitude problem!).

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]As much as I like to agree with you, I''m not sure. He''s a young player with potential who may just become a good future asset.I think if he really wasn''t in any plans he would have been released this month.

[/quote]

He''s not especially young though is he? I thought he was around 23. Would seem odd to me to bring in another left-back if he was in our plans, are there any question marks over his attitude? He certainly didn''t seem to get on well with Warnock at Palace (not that that means he has an attitude problem!).

[/quote]Yeah, you''re right, he''s 22. But then, who is to say that this Stockport thing has any truth in it whatsoever anyway lol?

He was pretty good when we played Stockport, very strong going forward but took perhaps one too many risksw which is why Cody mugged him.  Apart from the game against Norwich I seem to remember him scoring an absolute blinder for Stockport earlier in the season, might have been a free kick..

[quote user="Have Heart"]Didn''t he conceed the penalty when we played them earlier this season?[/quote]

I thought that was the centre back, after the ball had been played inside to Martin?

Rose did however give the ball away late on for the last goal when he was trying to force the ball forward for an equaliser.