Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Martin Taylor

Malky is obviously impressed - how times change - for the sake of £25K, weren''t it, we could have had him and still have been in the Championship?  Now he''s given away.

Good player but out of our reach in League 1, also a Brummie friend of mine says he''s past it now and if we were to go up he''d struggle a bit at CCC level. I''d rather have a younger player in Whitbread with the hunger to move on up in the game.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Malky is obviously impressed - how times change - for the sake of £25K, weren''t it, we could have had him and still have been in the Championship?  Now he''s given away.[/quote]

I know there was a difference in valuation but wasn''t there also the factor they missed out on Gary Cahill who moved to Bolton and couldn''t sign another defender as cover. Taylor ended up playing for Birmingham that season as injuries struck their season and Taylor now infamously injured Eduardo.

Birmingham are a very different club now, almost certain to stay up and a very rich new owner. I also imagine Taylor''s contract is up in the summer and he must be 31/2 now surely?

And he scored in our great 2 - 2 come back at Carrow Road v Ipswich. We played very well and had good chances (Dublin) but were 0 - 2 down. Taylor and Curo scored and the atmosphere was electric. John Hartson also made the difference in the 2nd halve.

A game to remember !