Sign in to follow this  
ca

Safri

Lets discuss Safri''s performance yesterday, How would you rate him? Would he be in your team next week? Would Francis and Safri be the ideal pairing in midfield? Should we have played him before now?

I thought he had a great game and should have been given his chance weeks ago.

Agree Safri should definitely stay in, but don''t drop Helveg or Bentley because between the three of them they controlled the midfield yesterday.  Assuming Francis is ready to come back next week then why not try the following formation;

GREEN

EDWORTHY FLEMING DOHERTY CHARLTON

BENTLEY SAFRI HELVEG FRANCIS

SVENSSON HUCKERBY

SUBS: WARD, DRURY, SHACKELL, JONSON, JARVIS

Safri was great. He has everything a good midfielder needs - first touch, passing, awareness, acceleration and he''s difficult to knock off the ball, for all he''s quite short. As far as I''m concerned he''s a fixture in our first eleven.

The first half Hux played up front, but in the second half he was pushed back to wide left midfield and I thought he was the least effective of our midfielders. So (heresy!) I''d drop him and play McVeigh. We had a couple of flashes of McVeigh''s ability yesterday - so frustrating that he doesn''t build on it.

I wasn''t at the game yesterday but by the sounds of it Safri had a damn good game.  I think it might have been a knee jerk reaction by Worthy to drop Safri after the Liverpool game.  My team for next week would be (assuming Franny plays)

Green

Eddy  Flem  Doc  Chartlon

Jonson Safri Franny Bents

Sven  Hucks

I can''t see why we should not stick with the side that won yesterday?

It is not going to do the players any good chopping and changing but I wonder if worthy will try and play for a draw at best next week maybe play 5 in midfield  and 1 up front ?

Safri had a good game - unfortunately Helveg had a better one.  But that is exactly what we want real competition for place. 

Francis with helveg looks like a real pairing but Safri instead of Helveg could work - the only downside of safris game is that he does always run the risk of a booking - one early tackle was late and he sometimes fails to read the ae right.

Good performance overall though.

OTBC

[quote]Lets discuss Safri''s performance yesterday, How would you rate him? Would he be in your team next week? Would Francis and Safri be the ideal pairing in midfield? Should we have played him before now? ...[/quote]

When Safri joined City, I believe I called him a thug, City Angel. With his discipline record, I feel I had a point.

But I never doubted his technical ability at all.

I see he''s already had 3 bookings, and considering he ain''t played much, thats worrying.

However I can''t take anything away from his faultless performance against Bolton.

No doubt about it, he is class!.

WizA good midfield thug is what we need - some backbone to the team, a committed tackler who passes the ball well and isn''t afraid to get stuck in, to motivate the team.Bring him on...

He''s no thug. He''s similar to Scholes - a hard tackler who finds it difficult to keep the right side of the quite strict rules on tackling, but not vicious.