Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team for Saturday?

Same starting line up as Tuesday night but with the new guy in for Drury?Cody to be on the bench methinks, seems odd playing him again on Wednesday, surely coming on Tuesday and scoring the winning goal would be enough to convince Lambo??Macnamee seemed to do well but do we want to change the system to accommodate him?

Lambert has shown he doesn''t like to mess things around unless he has to. Also, with no news so far concerning Drury''s injury I''m starting to think he will be fit to play; if not then new boy to come into the starting line up.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Lambert has shown he doesn''t like to mess things around unless he has to. Also, with no news so far concerning Drury''s injury I''m starting to think he will be fit to play; if not then new boy to come into the starting line up.

[/quote]Drury is out for 2 weeks.

I agree. Same again with Rose in for Drury.

I think sticking with OJ is the right decision. It seems to me that OJ and Cody are both impact players, so starting Cody probably wouldn''t get better results than starting OJ.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I agree. Same again with Rose in for Drury.

I think sticking with OJ is the right decision. It seems to me that OJ and Cody are both impact players, so starting Cody probably wouldn''t get better results than starting OJ.

[/quote]I agree.Seems like the  crowd have really taken to Olli, helped in no small part by his great ''fro, it will be interesting to see what he can offer from the start, not on a ploughed filed like on Tuesday.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Drury is out for 2 weeks.
[/quote]

Oh missed that news, a shame as he has been fantastic at left back; both in defence and getting forward.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]Drury is out for 2 weeks.[/quote]

Oh missed that news, a shame as he has been fantastic at left back; both in defence and getting forward.

[/quote]Yeah, when fully fit he''s one of those players you have no concern over, you know exactly what you''re going to get and I can''t remember the last time he let us down.

Hopefully he will get stuck into them from the word go. If we get an early goal we could go on to tonk them.

Looking at Hartlepools recent form it looks like it should be an easy win, but things like that make me uncomfortable. The margins in football are often very small afterall.

I''m hopeful that Holahoops magic feet will mean we don''t miss Holty too much, I''m confident that if we create chances we''ve got the players to score them.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Hopefully he will get stuck into them from the word go. If we get an early goal we could go on to tonk them.

Looking at Hartlepools recent form it looks like it should be an easy win, but things like that make me uncomfortable. The margins in football are often very small afterall.

I''m hopeful that Holahoops magic feet will mean we don''t miss Holty too much, I''m confident that if we create chances we''ve got the players to score them.

[/quote]I am expecting us to turn on the style. We have already shown that we can win without Holt, in very difficult conditions after going a goal down, we have proved our character.I expect a high tempo from the start, Hartlepool to park the bus in front of goal, and us to score at about 20 minutes. We go on to win obviously, including Cody coming on late and scoring again.There, thats that sorted.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

I am expecting us to turn on the style. We have already shown that we can win without Holt, in very difficult conditions after going a goal down, we have proved our character.

I expect a high tempo from the start, Hartlepool to park the bus in front of goal, and us to score at about 20 minutes. We go on to win obviously, including Cody coming on late and scoring again.

There, thats that sorted.

[:)]
[/quote]

Ah yes! I''m feeling more confident now I see how believable your sequence of events seems!

I think since the first day of the season, I no longer take any result for granted, hence why I''m not assuming we''ll win tomorrow!

If we

[/quote]

I am expecting us to turn on the style. We have already shown that we can win without Holt, in very difficult conditions after going a goal down, we have proved our character.

I expect a high tempo from the start, Hartlepool to park the bus in front of goal, and us to score at about 20 minutes. We go on to win obviously, including Cody coming on late and scoring again.

[/quote]

Ah yes! I''m feeling more confident now I see how believable your sequence of events seems!

I think since the first day of the season, I no longer take any result for granted, hence why I''m not assuming we''ll win tomorrow!

If

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do go

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do go on

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do go on to

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do go on to get

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we do go on to get

[/quote]

Er....what the f*** happened to my post?

It should say, if we do go on to get promoted, the Col U game will be the best thing that happened to us this season.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]I am expecting us to turn on the style. We have already shown that we can win without Holt, in very difficult conditions after going a goal down, we have proved our character.I expect a high tempo from the start, Hartlepool to park the bus in front of goal, and us to score at about 20 minutes. We go on to win obviously, including Cody coming on late and scoring again.There, thats that sorted.[:)][/quote]

If we do go on to get

[/quote]

Er....what the f*** happened to my post?

It should say, if we do go on to get promoted, the Col U game will be the best thing that happened to us this season.

[/quote]Its all good, there are no negatives right now, and that is the first time in a long time.How often in the past have we said "Yeah, that player and that player are good, but so in so lets us down", "Hmmm, I wouldn''t have subbed him", "Yeah, that 31 year old ex prem striker is just what we need to kickstart the season"The team is good, the manager is a god, the results are good, league position couldn''t be better!![:)]

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"]id like to see-------------forster--------------r.martin-doherty--nelson--rose?------------russell--------------hughes--------------mcnamee------hoolahan-----oj-------------------------martin--------[/quote]Really not sure about Hughes yet, I don''t think he brings the same energy that Korey brings.

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"]id like to see-------------forster--------------r.martin-doherty--nelson--rose?------------russell--------------hughes--------------mcnamee------hoolahan-----oj-------------------------martin--------[/quote]Oh and I think Macnamee, Oli and Hoolahoop all in the same team may just be a step too far!

My preffered choice

GK-Forster

RB - R Martin CB - Doc CB - Whitbread  LB-Rose

RM - Smith CM- Russell LM - Hughes

Tip of Diamond - Wes

CF - C Martin CF - Johnson

Subs - Rudd/Lappin/Nelson/McDonald/McNamee/Adeyemi/Spillane(if fit)

Most likely team

GK - Forster

RB - R Martin CB - Doc CB - Nelson LB - Rose

RM - Smith CM - Russell LM - Lappin

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Subs - Rudd/Hughes/Whitbread/Mcnamee/McDonald/Adeyemi/Spillane (if fit)

Nelson for me has been a stop gap & although he has performed well on a couple of poor pitches he is not in the same class as Whitbread, twin that with the fact he was at fault for Walsalls goal on Weds I believe now is the time to blood Zak. The other big call for me & which others will no doubt criticise is the omission of Lappin for Hughes, IMO our best midfield quartet at present and although Lappin has performed well over recent games looks like he is a tad jaded...

Oh well thats my opinion, but "IN LAMBERT WE TRUST" 

[quote user="Gazza"]

My preffered choice

GK-Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Most likely team

GK - Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Nelson for me has been a stop gap & although he has performed well on a couple of poor pitches he is not in the same class as Whitbread, twin that with the fact he was at fault for Walsalls goal on Weds I believe now is the time to blood Zak. The other big call for me & which others will no doubt criticise is the omission of Lappin for Hughes, IMO our best midfield quartet at present and although Lappin has performed well over recent games looks like he is a tad jaded...

[/quote]

Your vendetta with Lappin is unreal Gaz [;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Gazza"]

My preffered choice

GK-Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Most likely team

GK - Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

[/quote]

Your vendetta with Lappin is unreal Gaz [;)]

[/quote]

"Simon Lappin King of SpainTongue Tied [:S] !"

[quote user="Gazza"]

My preffered choice

GK-Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Most likely team

GK - Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

[/quote]is your real first name glenn and does your surname begin with an r

Isn''t it nice though that we actually have choices?Players waiting in the wings that can make a difference, been a while since we could say that![:)]

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Gazza"]

My preffered choice

GK-Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

Most likely team

GK - Forster

Tip of Diamond - Wes

[/quote]

is your real first name glenn and does your surname begin with an r
[/quote]

Ha Ha!, Just feel that Hughes can offer a bit more with his passing ability. Yes Lappin has performed well in his position this season although I feel he is not going to be good enough enough for the championship if we were to be promoted and will more than likely become a squad player, def feel this is one of the weaker positions in the team and if we are promoted fully expect this is one of the main positions Lambert will strengthen...............

I would like to see                   ForsterR Martin Doc Whitbread Rose                  Rusty    Smith              Lappin                Wes        C Martin  Cody

Though I think Lambert will chose Nelson and Johnson instead of Whitbread and Cody.