Sign in to follow this  
chuffer

Jamie Cureton

Shrewsbury Town fan in peace here - there''s more than a little element of truth regarding Jamie Cureton coming to Shrewsbury on a season long loan deal, the stumbling block being what percentage of his wages we might be willing to pay. Any thoughts would be welcomed.PS: Nice to see Holty doing so well, bring on a Canary promotion and activate the clause for a bit more money for us please.

Past his best if I''m honest, but if your manager likes the look of him then thats his look out lol.

Take him, earns far too much and would be good enough for league 2.

I would say that he is on around 7-8k a week and thanks for Holt, maybe you can have Curo as part payment for Holt, as I would stillimagine we owe you money.

Further to that, as long as you are looking for just a goal poacher who plays off a bigger striker it could well work out. He doesn''t have the pace that he used to have obviously.

[quote user="chuffer"]Shrewsbury Town fan in peace here - there''s more than a little element of truth regarding Jamie Cureton coming to Shrewsbury on a season long loan deal, the stumbling block being what percentage of his wages we might be willing to pay. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

PS: Nice to see Holty doing so well, bring on a Canary promotion and activate the clause for a bit more money for us please.
[/quote]JC...his legs have gone...his confidence is zero....no pace...take him pllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeee....ps Holty is already a NCFC legend

A heart of gold, but his best attribute (speed of thought in the box) has been lost with the passage of time. He will try for you, but I don''t think you will be that impressed!

Thanks for Holt. A great player at this level and the kind of team captain we needed

TBH , Always will give 100% but fear his legs have gone, if the problem is the percentage of his wage we pay this transfer could go to the wire.

Hmm, so if we only cover say 10% of his salary the deal is off.  How high do we need to go? 

From what I''ve read on here his salary is currently twice that of recent signings, so paying half of his salary should still allow us to sneak one last playerin,  in case of emergency, before the loan window closes.  Good business in that case, then the Shrews can neogiate for next season whilst he''s there!  Job done seeing as no-onew else has bitten and there is only 3 more days to go to get him off the books completely.

The guy is great, he''s fast, great eye for goal and for his height is pretty good in the air.Would tear up League Two.We''ll reluctantly let you have him on a free transfer if you''re interested.

Most on here are being harsh, he was poor to say the least season at Championship level, he''s lost the pace he used to have but at League 2 level he''ll score a lot of goals, when confident a superb finisher and tends to be in the right place at the right time, he has struggled under the pressure at City, has been very low on confidence and snatched at chances when on form he would put away.

We loaned him out last year because he was rubbish - and whilst on loan he had some decenet service and scored quite a few goals!

Make of that what you will.

[quote user="UEAstudent"]We loaned him out last year because he was rubbish - and whilst on loan he had some decenet service and scored quite a few goals! Make of that what you will.[/quote]

2 goals in 8 games is quite a few?!

If we had played him all season he would be on or around double figures i am confident of that 2 that he did get were pretty sharpe ones. His best years are behind him and Martin is the future but i do wish him the best and it is a pity he did not have a better time here as they often say dont go back!

[quote user="UEAstudent"]We loaned him out last year because he was rubbish - and whilst on loan he had some decenet service and scored quite a few goals!

Make of that what you will.[/quote]Two goals is not "quite a few" really is it?  What was telling was that even Bryan Gunn eventually had to agree with Roeders assessment and drop JC permanently this despite  recalling him from his loan spell and both managers giving him the benefit of far more appearances than merit alone would suggest he was entitled to.Not only did JC fail abysmally but he somehow kept people like Arturo (goal every two games) Lupoli out the team so IMO last year was a double fail for JC, treble fail if you think that Barnsley for whom he did grab those goals were one of our chief relegation rivals at the time.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]If we had played him all season he would be on or around double figures i am confident of that 2 that he did get were pretty sharpe ones. His best years are behind him and Martin is the future but i do wish him the best and it is a pity he did not have a better time here as they often say dont go back![/quote]

I don''t think he''d be on nearly double figures.

I think he has tried his best for us, it hasn''t worked out and he should move on. I don''t think there''s too much more to be said.

To be fair to Jamie he''s not a bad player. He does try to play the game the right way when he''s got the ball. And he''s been a decent lower league goalscorer.

Unfortunately he''s short, slow, has no presence or strength and (for a player who is meant to love the club) he''s never gone out there and done much more than he has to in terms of work rate (and sometimes he hasn''t even done that much)

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Can he hit a  Barndoor?

[/quote]HAHA. CLASSIC, TANGIBLE FIXED ASSETS ANYONE? [:D]

JC might be ok at a lower level if he has the right strike partner. Thanks very much for the horse (GH) - he''s already a new club legend and I think he may well be good enough for Championship football.

Jamie has scored lots of goals at every club he has been at except ironically Norwich, both times round. So therefore I believe he is worth a gamble, he may do it again at Shrewsbury. But he may not. He isnt worth breaking the bank for.

Lambert has said one club wants him and now it''s up to Jamie, could it be Gillingham as their number one target (Scott Vernon) has joined Southend on loan .