Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Any more coming? What do you think?

Having read Mcnallys comments the other day i was under the impression a signing was imminent but do not think Rose is the one.The fact that Drury is out for several weeks and Lamberts obvious doubts over Wiggins i believe have forced their hand over this particular deal.I still think there may be one more in the pipeline maybe in the forward department.If Holt were to be a long term injury i don''t think OJ or Cody could carry the load for the rest of the season thats why i believe one more in the mould of Mellor or Parkin (Preston) or Dagnall (Rochdale) may come in.What does antybody else think?

I don''t think so, we have what we need for now.And I think it daft speculating, as we always do our business in private.

I think this is it, plus possibly the guy from Cambridge but that transfer seems to be something looking to the future rather than an immediate addition to the squad.

I have a feeling Lambert was worried about cover for Drury even before he got injured and the fact Wiggins has gone out on loan seems to reaffirm that feeling. Rose is a player who can go straight into the team without much worry as he has been playing week in week out in League One this season; Wiggins is a prospect for the future but will have to impress whilst at Bournemouth or he will be on his way.

Lambert is trying to build a squad of players that our his and will play the way he wants them to, the diamond puts extra pressure on the full backs as not only do they provide all the width of the team, they have little cover in front of them so need to be pretty firm in the tackle. Wiggins seems to have a lot of skill going forward, but might be a little more suspect in defence and isn''t the biggest of lads, from what I have seen and heard Rose is more than willing to throw himself round a bit.

I think the fact that he was sending Wiggins out to Bournemouth as he didn''t feel he was yet a ready back-up for Drury was why he felt the need to pursue another ready back-up for Drury. Fair to say he wanted, like in the right back slot with Martin and Spillane, 2 solid and capable players shown worthy of first team football. As much potential as Wiggins may or may not have, he''s probably a little too young and inexperienced to fill such a position with so much responsibility on his shoulders for the many weeks/months that Drury would probably be out for (or atleast it''s a risk doing so anyway). So Lambert, being the astute manager he is, covered his arse by signing someone proven to be dependable at this level, before injury, suspension, loss of form...etc. became a factor for Drury.Drury getting injured was just an eventuality that Lambert luckily now has himself prepared for.Rose was the player he was after.