Sign in to follow this  
chicken

I can't believe it!!!!

First of all people are moaning that we are not winning enough and are dropping too many points in draws. We are going down and nothing will stop it even with more than half a season to go. All our players are rubbish and we need a whole new squad starting with replacing the ones that bleed green and yellow.

Secondly, we get a win, we show class, we have some sort of a gap between us and the bottom, the players have stepped up a level and things may be looking up but oh no we are still going down.

I really would like to see the back of people that only want to moan. One week its Worthington isnt good enough, the next its a player, then another player, then its the player that replaced one of the other players that they had slagged off, then it starts all over again. That along with the we are getting relegated story all of the time.

Then the same people have the audacity to accuse others of getting "REAL" and slagging them off for being minutely possitive about our prospects.

Lets look at it shall we. We are 16th, thats a great achievment for the club. I dont care much for idle chatter about the board forking out more money, it isnt there so we have to make do. That has been the situation since Chase ransacked this club. I cant believe how short some people''s memories are. For the best part of ten years the club has struggled to fill Carrow Road to capacity whilst the glory riders refuse to watch. That is the situation, Delia and Michael are fantastic, as is the board - this club would not exist if it was not for them. They are not magitions and they cant "cook" up a nice £10 million pot of money.

The fact is we have an incredibly good manager. He has got the team incredibly fit, hes got them working incredibly hard as a unit and we are beggining to see the results. He got an under-achieving squad somewhere that only few of us would have dreamed of and now he is attempting to build on that. This squad is good enough to stay in the premiership end of story.

And there can be no argument in that. To put it simply there are at least six or seven other teams that are on a level pegging with us. Of those six or seven one or two have a lot of ground to make up to get back infront of us now.

When we got promoted many of us were happy with just that knowing that the premiership is a tough league. Its arguably one of the best leagues in the world and it was blatantly obvious that we would be very lucky if we managed to survive the first season let alone finish in the top half of the table. I for one said that I would be happy as long as we didnt finish bottom.

I think it is the moaners that ought to stop and re-address the situation. At this moment in time it is just as likely for us to stay up as it is for us to go down. In some ways we are less likely than other teams due to the stability in professionalism at our club. Their is no animosity between the manager and board for example. And in Bently we can see that the manager is prepared to forgive and forget to see a good player play.

The team and the board need our support now more than ever. If we can stay up for another season it would really strengthen this clubs future. Our stadium would be improved and our squad enlarged.

I for one am not going to give up untill it is mathmatically impossible for us to avoid the drop. I dont think it will ever come to that, but please dont go mouthing off left right and centre. And have a laugh and a shout everytime we win, its called getting a lift! We may only win a few games this season, but as long as we dont loose many then we are safe. Lets celebrate achievments, especially against teams like Bolton who others write us off against!!!!

I agree mate, well pleased with how things are panning out.  Its never boring being a Norwich fan!  I think that we have the ability and management to stay in this league, and with a mainly British squad as well.  Im happy to enjoy the experience of being in the Prem, and going to grounds like St James and Stamford Bridge, and when we stay up it will be a bonus, especially as I had a bet with an everton fan that we wont be relegated!!  I''ll be at Chelsea on sat and feel we might nick something, and if not ill just get hammered in the pub afterwards.  Come on City!!

(plants tongue firmly in cheek)

Aah, Chicken, that''s brave now - fancy pointing out the FACTS!  People don''t want to know about those, we should be challenging for the title by now, don''t you realise?  As if being in a relegation tussle would ever be good enough!

(removes tongue from cheek)

Amazing how quickly the euphoria of being 1st Division Champions and just being GLAD to even be in the top flight disappeared, wasn''t it?  I''m loving every minute of this season, just for the record.  After all, we could have been away at Brighton this Saturday, or Rotherham, Crewe, Gillingham.........

Chicken I admire your optimism but realistically we should not be congratulating ourselves on 16th position. We have a good first team - on paper at least, and it is only in the last couple of games that we are starting to see a team that has gelled and works together as a whole not just in fits and starts and not just dependent on the talents of a few.Finally the "great" Nigel has worked out why he bought the likes of Safri, Helveg and Jonson and has realised that they are there to play football rather than be expensive subbuteo players in the reserves or keep the bench looking full.Personally I have been pretty disappointed by the team''s performance so far this season - but fortunately the rest of the teams around us are having equally bad seasons so we should by all rights climb away from the mediocrity that is filling the bottom quarter of the table. 2 wins is still not good enough - we should have taken more points by now (and that is not being over-optimistic either...) so I reserve my right to make fair criticism of the team, the management and the board....Sorry!

I have always felt we can stay up. I have always thought it would be hard but not impossible. Ok, there have been a couple of times I have thought "what am I thinking" but I will not give up believing we can stay up. We ALL must keep believing it is possible until it is impossible!I don''t think we will get anything out of Saturday''s match but hey, my predictions have been wrong for most of the season!!Come on you Yellows !

I''m kind of with you - I don''t buy the "just happy if we don''t finish bottom",  "we would be lucky to survive", "we''ve come a long way be happy with that" line of thought though....

OK we achieved the goal of promotion as champions, you can''t just sit on that though and take that as your accepted level, you have to raise the bar and then say "OK, what''s next, we want to be a top 10 premier side in the next 4 years" and build on that. To be happy to not finish bottom, so presumably 19th is OK???, isn''t really a driving ambition is it. It''s time to build on what the club have got going not sit on it. It''s time to say we MUST finish 17th or higher, not I''ll be happy as long as we''re not bottom....

Yes the premiership was going to be hard and is proving to be just that, but so what??? That''s the league you have to compete in, that''s the challenge, that''s what we''re all aiming for isn''t it? to be a good team in the best league.

I believe we will survive, I also believe luck has nothing to do with it. The players are putting in tremendous amounts of effort and out-performing any expectations I had. That''s why they beat Bolton (who remember, Man U and Chelsea couldn''t beat).

I accept the club has come a long way, but it''s pointless looking back and being content now. The challenge has just begun. In reality we''re back to the level we were at 9 years ago, the struggle has just begun !!!

Two wins dont make a season Chicken. It is great that we played well saturday and got the vital three points but it doesnt mean that we can get carried away. A lot of work to be done yet and it will be interesting to see Worthingtons decisions when players like Holt, Mulryne and the like are fit again.

[quote]Two wins dont make a season Chicken. It is great that we played well saturday and got the vital three points but it doesnt mean that we can get carried away. A lot of work to be done yet and it will b...[/quote]

Whoops, Accidentally posted this under my dads name on his computer!! So dont have a go at my old man anybody, have a go at me!