Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

"Bryan Gunns Team"

I would be interested to see the stats of all Gunn''s player purchases for this season. I can imagine (with the exception of Holt) they have offered little to our season in terms of games or goals. Except Theo who shipped goals

he decided to bring martin back, keep dury , nelson,hughes,gave spillane a new contract ,bought cody mcdonald and brought in some youngsters roeder never gave a chance such as adeyemi ,smith and daley .and not forgeting bringing in holt as you said and askou.

thats 11 players that gunn decided to keep,give chance or bring in .

we did not have a team left by the time roeder has finished with it ,some of gunns players have made it some have not .

i think regarding players gunn made better  choices than roeder or grant had , proven by leauge position .

yes gunn cant manage but if we did not have this team we not not be top .

yes replacing gunn was right , lambert is one of the best tactical mangers that has graced our ground .

lambert has brought in a few in the mix ,so how ever people want to look at it, i feel credit is due to gunn for bringing in (some) quality into a completely destroyed club.

i respect you gunny , if not many others do from the constant stick he still gets .

Wiggins is still young and since dury getting on a bit now maybe bringing another older experience lb is the better option, can see wiggins being are lb one day unless we get a good offer

[quote user="singing canary"]

he decided to bring martin back, keep dury , nelson,hughes,gave spillane a new contract ,bought cody mcdonald and brought in some youngsters roeder never gave a chance such as adeyemi ,smith and daley .and not forgeting bringing in holt as you said and askou.

we did not have a team left by the time roeder has finished with it ,some of gunns players have made it some have not .

i think regarding players gunn made better  choices than roeder or grant had , proven by leauge position .

yes replacing gunn was right , lambert is one of the best tactical mangers that has graced our ground .

lambert has brought in a few in the mix ,so how ever people want to look at it, i feel credit is due to gunn for bringing in (some) quality into a completely destroyed club.

i respect you gunny , if not many others do from the constant stick he still gets .

[/quote]

Ok. In response to your post:

Martin''s loan expired and Gunn didnt play him at the start of the season. Keep Drury? Was there an offer? Was he ever likely to go after a frustrating season? He played Korey Smith for 1 game.

MOst of his signings and decisions were bad. Im not even gonna start on his tactical naivety! Could you imagine him making the changes that Lambo did against Brentford and Walsall?

He only ever made subs late in the game and that was too late!

Holt was a great signing but was a no brainer to me. You will find that most people on here saw he would be a good addition at the time. Askou, came off the recommendation of Steeno. Nelson was AWFUL under Gunn!

Please people.....he was awful! 19 games to keep us up and he failed!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Martin''s loan expired and Gunn didnt play him at the start of the season. Keep Drury? Was there an offer? Was he ever likely to go after a frustrating season? He played Korey Smith for 1 game.

MOst of his signings and decisions were bad. Im not even gonna start on his tactical naivety! Could you imagine him making the changes that Lambo did against Brentford and Walsall?

Holt was a great signing but was a no brainer to me. You will find that most people on here saw he would be a good addition at the time. Askou, came off the recommendation of Steeno. Nelson was AWFUL under Gunn!

[/quote]

I keep hearing this crap, that Steeno found him, Steeno recommendated him etc etc, he may well have , but who invited him on trial, who got him in on a contract? Erm that will be Gunn. If you''re going to slate the guy off, then get some facts right. We know Gunn was shite, we know he should not have been given the job, know that he bought some bad ones in.

Oh, and if it was a no brainer to sign Holt, why didn''t GR and other league 1 teams?

Lets drop this debate thou, who gives a shite about him, his team and who is good and bad, it is now Lamberts team and thats all that matters..

point taken .

didnt roeder bring us in alot of loan players that failed last season and gunns budget was 25k...?  (in the month he had).

look people ,im not going round in circles ..i do see everyones point and chuffed for the team ,how ever people feel about it ,no one can shout that decision has not paid off to bring in lambert .

im not willing  to slate gunn ,i firmly believe his back was against the wall and did not have the tactical knowledge a decent manager has or experience at that level.

the big man has done some good for this club unlike roeder who pulled this club to bits and sold or gave away decent players to replace with players who could not care less, or players that never stood a chance getting into thier parent clubs team .

im certainly not going to critise gunn regarding wiggins , i have not seen him play enough and quite clearly the guy does not want to play here .

Gunns biggest error was theo , im not sure where he found him, or if crook recomended him because of where he came from .

gunn took on a imploding task last season and i not going to blame him for it , the problems were deep routed long before , norwich had been declining in freefall long before that .

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I keep hearing this crap, that Steeno found him, Steeno recommendated him etc etc, he may well have , but who invited him on trial, who got him in on a contract? Erm that will be Gunn. If you''re going to slate the guy off, then get some facts right. We know Gunn was shite, we know he should not have been given the job, know that he bought some bad ones in.

Oh, and if it was a no brainer to sign Holt, why didn''t GR and other league 1 teams?

Lets drop this debate thou, who gives a shite about him, his team and who is good and bad, it is now Lamberts team and thats all that matters..

[/quote]Steeno did find him. Gunn was unsure and took the advice (for once) from other backroom staff.If only he listened to others on matchdays about tactics.....

[quote user="Norwich '' R '' Us"]Bryan Gunn is the worst "manager" this club has ever had.

End of argument.

Can''t argue with that,

All I have to contribute is that, if Gunn had done more to keep Lupoli, and started him every game, we probably wuldnt be in this league in my opinion. Watching City against Coventry opening day of the season was amazing, despite losing, we played like Brazil, Lupoli and Hooly had an instant understanding and were backheeling it to each other and all sorts!

[quote user="kick it off"]All I have to contribute is that, if Gunn had done more to keep Lupoli, and started him every game, we probably wuldnt be in this league in my opinion. Watching City against Coventry opening day of the season was amazing, despite losing, we played like Brazil, Lupoli and Hooly had an instant understanding and were backheeling it to each other and all sorts![/quote]Obviously last season, not this one.

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, leave it.

It got boring five threads ago.
[/quote]

Spot on morty. As soon as i heard Wiggins was out on loan i wondered how long it would be for a thread like this to start.

so the fact that gun had a transfer budget half way through a season of 25k, had nothing to do with it..

so if gunn was given say for example 500k and brought holt in last season and we stayed up would you have thought differently..?

roeder got rid of our best players such as huckerby , joe lewis and brought crap players in like korma or what ever his name was and risky signings ,most of them loan players .

under roeder we did not have our own team .

we had so many red cards   and unhappy players long before gunn got the job .just for the fact roeders attitude completely "stinks" towards fans and players alike  for that alone gunn was a better man .

Gunns team?

Gk Theo

LB Whiggins

RB Ostemebor

CB Nelson

CB Doherty

RW Whaley

LW McVeigh

CM Gill

CM Tudor Jones

CF Holt

CF Maric/Cureton?

So of "Gunns team" only Holt gets a sniff under Lambert.

Cody McDonald (born 30 May 1986) is an English footballer who currently plays as a striker for Norwich City. He joined the club on 2 February 2009 from non-league Dartford on a one-and-a-half year contract for an undisclosed fee,[1] reportedly £25,000—[2] a deal that included an agreement that Norwich would visit Dartford for a friendly match before the 2009–10 season.[3]

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Club career

McDonald started his career playing for Valley Swifts[4] in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League[5] before being spotted by Witham Town.[6] He made his debut at Witham aged 16 and stayed at the club for more than four years.[7]

[edit] Dartford

McDonald continued to turn out for Valley Swifts even after his move from Witham to Maldon Town in July 2008, before signing for Isthmian League Premier Division side Dartford in October 2008. Dartford put a stop to his Sunday League exploits[8] and in his short 4 month stay at Princes Park he made 20 appearances scoring 19 goals in all competitions[9], including a hat-trick against Canvey Island on 30 December 2008. It was form such as this which attracted interest from higher league clubs such as Norwich and reportedly Crystal Palace, Charlton and Reading.[10] On 26 January 2009, McDonald was accompanied by Dartford manager Tony Burman to Norwich City''s training ground at Colney for a two day trial at the club and the Darts boss later commented that "he (McDonald) enjoyed the experience and in my opinion did not look out of place over the two days" on the official website of Dartford F.C.[11].

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was certainly not a fan of Gunn in any respect but please get your facts right!

Chris Martin started the first game of the season - case of selective memory on your part me thinks.

Korey Smith - did Gunn not introduce him to the first team or was it my memory playing tricks again?

Wes Hoolahan - we now know that Gunn set out his stall in keeping Wes during the close season whilst the Board wanted rid to cash in. With the fabulous performances we''ve enjoyed from Wes this season I would say that was one decision old Potato Head got spot on wouldn''t you?

I was furious when Gunn was first appointed and then even more in a rage when that appointment was reaffirmed in May but please try and be objective.

The vast number of people on here rightfully believe that Gunn was not a very good manager and that Lambert is a very good manager.

Lambert has built a good side from, initially, the players at his disposal mostly brought in by Gunn or retained by Gunn.

Whereas Gunn had crap to work with when he took over at least Lambert had a squad of our own players who had to fight to get into their team and could not take the easy option of going back to their ''parent'' club.

True not all of Gunn''s signings are/were the best but nevertheless he gave us a squad of OUR players and for that he should receive credit.

The fact he could not manage them efficiently cannot be overlooked but at least Lambert something to work with. You can''t build a house if you haven''t got enough bricks!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was certainly not a fan of Gunn in any respect but please get your facts right!

Chris Martin started the first game of the season - case of selective memory on your part me thinks.

Korey Smith - did Gunn not introduce him to the first team or was it my memory playing tricks again?

Wes Hoolahan - we now know that Gunn set out his stall in keeping Wes during the close season whilst the Board wanted rid to cash in. With the fabulous performances we''ve enjoyed from Wes this season I would say that was one decision old Potato Head got spot on wouldn''t you?

I was furious when Gunn was first appointed and then even more in a rage when that appointment was reaffirmed in May but please try and be objective.

[/quote]Apologies i forgot the Colchester game. who can blame me. Smith played 1 game at Charlton.Gunn managed just under 50% of games in the championship gettin us relegated. FACTHe spent 25k on Cody but wasted loads more on wanky loanee''s.....FACTYou know the board wanted to cash in on Wes?