Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Michael Rose?

Does anybody actually know anything about our new signing Mr Rose from Stockport? (and yes i have wikipedia and google too)...is he any good? King Lambert definately likes spending his limited funds on team on the brink of collapse! (i wonder if pompey have anyone we could use?)

Saw him during his time at Chester, he stood out in the Conference and has proved himself in lower leagues since. He was a lot better than his brother who also played at Chester, non-league ''da Silva'' brothers if you will. Michael Rose will be good for us, he is a solid left back much like Drury only Rose scores more! Only concern is his ability to step up to the Championship as I would have thought if he was good enough he would have had a crack at it by now, but as for doing a job for us in League One he is  a good aquisition. 

sorry another question. if Drury is out of tomorrows game and with Wiggins apparently gone to Bournemouth on loan would Rose come straight in to the team, or lappin moved back, or would we go three at back and put Whitbread in and have lappin as a wingback and bring macmanee in to play alongside wes just behind martin

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Thanks Mr Chimp, guess its archant towers being a day behind as usual, though thought it would have been on offy site by now[/quote]It''s a bit weird, it says he has signed on a ''X-year contract''.Possibility that it was sent in error, hence the lack of official communication from other sources.  Maybe if Mr Holroyd is signing from Cambridge it was meant to be delayed until later.  Guess we will find out.

I think you''ll remember him best by when Cody robbed him of the ball and left him for dead in the closing stages to run through and square it for Martin...

[quote user="AJ"]I think you''ll remember him best by when Cody robbed him of the ball and left him for dead in the closing stages to run through and square it for Martin...
[/quote]

Sky web site say he is close to signing for us and Holroyd talks broke down with Brighton

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Was an SMS sent by the Club at 7am.  Guess their webteam are still enjoying their cornflakes.
[/quote]

Nothing on Radio Norfolk before 8.  Strange..... oh hang on.  Radio Norfolk.  Cancel the strange comment

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

so its only a loan then....

[/quote]

Paperwork does have to be completed in a permanent deal!

[quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1948327,00.html

Unless I''ve lost my grasp on the English language I''m sure it says he''s joined on loan till the end of the season. Presumably they still have paperwork for a loan deal?

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless I''ve lost my grasp on the English language I''m sure it says he''s joined on loan till the end of the season. Presumably they still have paperwork for a loan deal?

[/quote]

indeed, completley missed that bit!

[quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no worries, its probably similar to the Martin and McNamee deals, if he does well they''ll sign him permanently in the Summer....

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no worries, its probably similar to the Martin and McNamee deals, if he does well they''ll sign him permanently in the Summer....

[/quote]

Thats what I thought too

Can I be the first, in the time honoured forum tradition, to write him off as a waste of money before having seen him play?[:P]

Equally I''ll be the first to rave about him like some pre-pubeausant (see what I did there?) 14 year old saying he''s the best left back since Ashley Cole....

He''s older than I thought he''d be (not that he''s old)

I was hoping that Wiggins would get the chance to be our replacement for Drury (younger player and seemed to have potential). Hopefully he''ll get match fitness with Bournemouth and come back to fight for a place. Hopefully still in PL''s long-term plans.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

Equally I''ll be the first to rave about him like some pre-pubeausant (see what I did there?) 14 year old saying he''s the best left back since Ashley Cole....

[/quote]

Nice one![Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Can I be the first, in the time honoured forum tradition, to write him off as a waste of money before having seen him play?[:P][/quote]

Hasn''t been a bad rule of thumb so far though has it?, I guess we can now Wiggins to that list!

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Mr. T"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could be, or could be the case of getting some experienced cover in while Wiggins goes out on loan to get a few more games under his belt. A lot of people have been questioning Rose''s ability to step up a League if we get promoted and the loan aspect of this transfer might reflect that Lambert doesn''t want to add to many bodies to the squad on a perm basis, until we know who we will be playing next year.