Sign in to follow this  
huckerby6

Chris Holroyd signing!!

It''s being reported on bbc radio Cambridgeshire that talented young striker Chris Holroyd is expected to be joining Norwich city either tomorrow or monday !He is in Norwich with his agent discussing a contract with Norwich..The striker was expected to be joining Brighton,but personal terms could not be agreed

Pretty good goalscoring record (24 goals in 56 games), albeit at a lower level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Holroyd

Are you daring to doubt Mr Lambert?

I played with cambridge on football manager this year and he scored bout 30 goals for me in the first season in my promotion season.

How true the story is remains to be seen, but a Uni flat mate of mine who is from Cambridge has informed me that you probably won''t find a more prolific striker at his current level but doubt he has what it takes to play in league one, and more than likely the championship next season...

come on come on chaps, I wouldn''t doubt Lamberts choice at all......bearing in mind that 15 months ago Oli Jhonson was playing NON LEAGUE football prior to going to Stockport......and Cody came from Dartford to us......and we aren''t all lamenting them are we!!!!

[quote user="ncfc4life"]I played with cambridge on football manager this year and he scored bout 30 goals for me in the first season in my promotion season.
[/quote]

i bet lambert plays football manager and looks which players are banging in the goals and signs them [;)]

[quote user="porkyp"]come on come on chaps, I wouldn''t doubt Lamberts choice at all......bearing in mind that 15 months ago Oli Jhonson was playing NON LEAGUE football prior to going to Stockport......and Cody came from Dartford to us......and we aren''t all lamenting them are we!!!![/quote]TBF to Gunny, it wasn''t Lambert who signed up Cody, was it? Nuff "Bob Franklin" Said

Wouldnt make a lot of sense given that we already have 2 raw and promising strikers in McDonald and Johnson.

Where on earth has this come from?

I cover Cambridge United for BBC Cambridgeshire. We haven''t reported this at all. Holroyd failed to agree terms with Brighton... but the deal could be back on again.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="porkyp"]come on come on chaps, I wouldn''t doubt Lamberts choice at all......bearing in mind that 15 months ago Oli Jhonson was playing NON LEAGUE football prior to going to Stockport......and Cody came from Dartford to us......and we aren''t all lamenting them are we!!!![/quote]TBF to Gunny, it wasn''t Lambert who signed up Cody, was it? Nuff "Bob Franklin" Said[/quote]TBF to John Deehan it probably wasnt Gunny either!

[quote user="porkyp"]come on come on chaps, I wouldn''t doubt Lamberts choice at all......bearing in mind that 15 months ago Oli Jhonson was playing NON LEAGUE football prior to going to Stockport......and Cody came from Dartford to us......and we aren''t all lamenting them are we!!!![/quote] Those two are a long way from being proven good enough for League 1 let alone the Championship if we go up.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="porkyp"]come on come on chaps, I wouldn''t doubt Lamberts choice at all......bearing in mind that 15 months ago Oli Jhonson was playing NON LEAGUE football prior to going to Stockport......and Cody came from Dartford to us......and we aren''t all lamenting them are we!!!![/quote] Those two are a long way from being proven good enough for League 1 let alone the Championship if we go up.[/quote]

how can you say that when cody played 7 or 8 times last season in the championship!scoring 1,and played really well when coming off the bench!not forgetting his 90 minutes against reading!!!

Good to see the old favorite whingers coming back and slating of the signings. I bet he loves the fact that we sign lower league players so he can have a whinge.

Lambert clearly does not thin Cody is good enough or he would not have signed Oli another unproven player and put him ahead of Cody in the pecking order , these players are good enough as back up in League 1 but would be out of their depth in the Championship and Holt and Martin will struggle at that level too .

[quote]Holt and Martin will struggle at that level too .[/quote]They won''t break records in the championship, but they would probably get 20-30 goals between them.  Didn''t Martin score 9 goals in 9 games for us in the championship >  I like the way he places his shots, passes them into the goal.  Whether he would get the time to do that in the championship, there''s only one way to find out.  I think Holt would do ok in the championship too - all he has to do is get into position, and either head the ball or win the free-kick.  How does that differ from now ?  The problem could be the midfield in the championship, getting the service to the forwards, winning the ball to "earn the right to play", as someone once said.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Lambert clearly does not thin Cody is good enough or he would not have signed Oli another unproven player and put him ahead of Cody in the pecking order , these players are good enough as back up in League 1 but would be out of their depth in the Championship and Holt and Martin will struggle at that level too .
[/quote]

We''ll see about that.

I think the reason they have so many goals is a lot to do with the service they receive, I think that may be what is less effective in the Championship, Martin and Holt''s ability to hit the net once the opportunity arises can''t be questioned in my opinion.

This is from a source from within the club i am very good mates with one of the players their and holroyd will be joining peterborough, i have known this since the beggining of the window and he will not be joining norwich FACT

[quote user="barclay boy "]

This is from a source from within the club i am very good mates with one of the players their and holroyd will be joining peterborough, i have known this since the beggining of the window and he will not be joining norwich FACT

[/quote]

1) What "club"?

2) You''re making it up.

The source is from holroyds mouth himself and no im not making it up, i go up to see them play when norwich are away and sit in the players lounge after the game and holroyd has said himself that peterborough made an approach in december and he would go at the end of jan.

[quote user="barclay boy "]This is from a source from within the club i am very good mates with one of the players their and holroyd will be joining peterborough, i have known this since the beggining of the window and he will not be joining norwich FACT[/quote]It''s in capital letters so it must be true! [:S]

The source is from holroyds mouth himself and no im not making it up, i go up to see them play when norwich are away and sit in the players lounge after the game and holroyd has said himself that peterborough made an approach in december and he would go at the end of jan.

[/quote]

Why''s he waiting until the end of Jan?

You are making it up.

holt is about the same standard as beckford ,beckford scored against spurs  and manchester united .

holt is good enough for the championship ,he is strong and a goal poucher .. so is martin ,martin has a great future ahead of him if he carries on the work rate he has over the last couple of seasons .

FFS i am not making it up holroyd will go to peterborough not us, im not one of these people that come on here to stir things up. The person who originally set up this thread is making it up thats why i replied.

I dont normally post stuff on here just like to get peoples opinions on things by viewing different threads but i can certainly say that holroyd is not coming to us.

He ain''t going to Norwich. And he ain''t good enough for Norwich. He''s got genuine weaknesses in his game and Cambridge are eager to cash in...

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Lambert clearly does not thin Cody is good enough or he would not have signed Oli another unproven player and put him ahead of Cody in the pecking order , these players are good enough as back up in League 1 but would be out of their depth in the Championship and Holt and Martin will struggle at that level too .
[/quote]

You underrate the boy Martin mate. Perhaps you''ve already forgotten the goals he scored in The Championship when only 17? Sure he then went off the rails but now seems to have begun maturing and I''m sure will score goals in the next league up. You hype up The Championship - I lost count of the number of absolute garbage games I watched in the last 3-4 seasons in that league. Some good sides towards the top I''ll admit but the bottom half is pretty mediocre.    

FFS i am not making it up holroyd will go to peterborough not us, im not one of these people that come on here to stir things up. The person who originally set up this thread is making it up thats why i replied.

I dont normally post stuff on here just like to get peoples opinions on things by viewing different threads but i can certainly say that holroyd is not coming to us.

[/quote]

If you are so in the know, what was the problem with Brighton''s offer? And don''t just come back with he wants to join Pboro.

There are quotes from the Cambridge manager saying there aren''t other clubs in for him, but he could leave on loan the week after next.