Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Davie Ross

Craig Bellamy

He was involved in yet another "incident" last night, this time being hit by objects thrown from the crowd at Old Trafford. The man seems to attract trouble wherever he goes and I do believe he could start a punch-up in a nunnery! He appears to be universally hated by football fans - except at Norwich. I remember reading a few years back that Norwich is the only one of his former clubs that he still has a soft spot for, despite the infamous incident when he was locked up in the toilet on the coach coming back from an away game! Remember the winner he scored at Portman Road, and THAT vest?!

Are you having a laugh mate?Anyone who throws a coin at a football player knowing he can''t retaliate in any way is scum.Seriously are you somehow implying he asked for it?

I agree Morty.....whatever the OP thoughts are on Craig Bellamy surely he/she is not stupid enough to believe its his fault the coins + glass bottles got thrown at him?

Bobby Robson described him best by say "he could start a fight with himself" (or words to that effect).

He is one of those players who you love when they are playing for your club, but hate when they are playing against you; you rarely see him give anything other than 100%. He enjoys winding up opposition to force them into mistakes, he was gobbing off to Rio nearly all game yesterday.

Norwich will always love him as we discovered him and he has never said a word agaisnt us, unlike most of his other clubs (apart from Celtic).

There are many Norwich fans on here who loathe Bellamy, not me though, I have always admired the bloke, always wears his heart on his sleve and put in a good shift for Norwich back in the day.

Hopefully the Scum fans who hurled objects at him will get life long bans from football as a result.

[quote user="RonDavies"] I don''t condone the coin throwing - it was meant as an observation that he seems to attract incidents like this. Sorry about that - I''m not having a good day! I''d certainly have him back too.[/quote]So if you worked in a newsagents and someone came in and threw a coin at your head it would be okay, because the person doesn''t like you?Love or hate him, he was doing a job of work, and doesn''t deserve what happened.

Erm....where did I say he deserved it? He seems to be a target because of his reputation and I was trying to make the point that it seems to be only Norwich supporters who still like him but unfortunately it came out all wrong for which I apologise. If you read my OP again you will see I have fond memories of him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RonDavies"] I don''t condone the coin throwing - it was meant as an observation that he seems to attract incidents like this. Sorry about that - I''m not having a good day! I''d certainly have him back too.
[/quote]

So if you worked in a newsagents and someone came in and threw a coin at your head it would be okay, because the person doesn''t like you?

Love or hate him, he was doing a job of work, and doesn''t deserve what happened.
[/quote]

I think you''re misreading Morty, he''s actually agreed with you there I think!

Any form of cowardly football hooliganism should be dealt with in the harshed possible way, the irony is that those throwing the coins couldn''t actually afford to do so!

Bellamy was a hero whilst here, but to be honest once he left he has always struck me as arrogant, self centered and annoying. Possibly 3 reasons why he''s made it in the proffessional game, but not enough of an excuse for me to like the guy I''m afraid.

One strange thing about Bellamy is that when he was the teenage sensation at Norwich all those years ago, many people predicted he would go onto become a world class player, I believe he was commonly described as the next Michael Owen when he was 18. Since he left us he has constantly changed teams and failed to make the impact many people hoped he might untill now, at the age of 30 and 10 years on from when he left Norwich he is now considered one of the best players in the Premier League this season.

It was interesting in Ronerto Mancin''s first game as Man City manager that he dropped Bellamy to the bench and put Robinho in his place. Bellamy eventually replaced Robinho and was immediately ten times more effective! I think his aggression is part of his game and he wouldn''t be the same player without it.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RonDavies"] I don''t condone the coin throwing - it was meant as an observation that he seems to attract incidents like this. Sorry about that - I''m not having a good day! I''d certainly have him back too.[/quote]So if you worked in a newsagents and someone came in and threw a coin at your head it would be okay, because the person doesn''t like you?Love or hate him, he was doing a job of work, and doesn''t deserve what happened.[/quote]

Any form of cowardly football hooliganism should be dealt with in the harshed possible way, the irony is that those throwing the coins couldn''t actually afford to do so!

Bellamy was a hero whilst here, but to be honest once he left he has always struck me as arrogant, self centered and annoying. Possibly 3 reasons why he''s made it in the proffessional game, but not enough of an excuse for me to like the guy I''m afraid.

[/quote]No, I think you will find that reading the initial post it is implied that his reputation somehow invited the violence.[:)]

[quote user="RonDavies"]You like to have the last word don''t you? [:)][/quote]Me?I was responding to a poster who decided to comment.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RonDavies"]You like to have the last word don''t you? [:)][/quote]Me?I was responding to a poster who decided to comment.[/quote]There''s your answer Ron [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RonDavies"]You like to have the last word don''t you? [:)][/quote]Me?I was responding to a poster who decided to comment.[/quote]There''s your answer Ron [;)][/quote]Lol, sh*t stirrer.[:)]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]There are many Norwich fans on here who loathe Bellamy, not me though, I have always admired the bloke, always wears his heart on his sleve and put in a good shift for Norwich back in the day. Hopefully the Scum fans who hurled objects at him will get life long bans from football as a result.[/quote]

I''m far from sure about that.

Basis?

OTBC

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

I agree Morty.....whatever the OP thoughts are on Craig Bellamy surely he/she is not stupid enough to believe its his fault the coins + glass bottles got thrown at him?

[/quote]

I think they were plastic as they don''t sell glass bottles in Old Trafford. Knowing united fans though, they were probably full of wee wee!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Can anyone think of a better product of our youth team than Bellamy?

[/quote]Chris Sutton?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

Chris Sutton?
[/quote]

Maybe....but I''d say Bellars has had more success at bigger clubs than Sutton did, he flopped hugely at Chelsea.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]There are many Norwich fans on here who loathe Bellamy, not me though, I have always admired the bloke, always wears his heart on his sleve and put in a good shift for Norwich back in the day. Hopefully the Scum fans who hurled objects at him will get life long bans from football as a result.[/quote]

I''m far from sure about that.

Basis?

OTBC

[/quote]

Well the last time I can recall a Craig Bellamy related thread on here there were plenty of City fans slating him, calling him an arrogant, whinging git amongst other things and basically just picking up on the fact that he moans to much. Maybe the general mood of a thread topic is determined by the first few posts, after that everyone just jumps on the bandwagon.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]Chris Sutton?[/quote]

Maybe....but I''d say Bellars has had more success at bigger clubs than Sutton did, he flopped hugely at Chelsea.

[/quote]Yeah thats why I put the question mark. I can''t really think of anyone else who has fulfilled as much of their potential.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

Chris Sutton?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah thats why I put the question mark. I can''t really think of anyone else who has fulfilled as much of their potential.
[/quote]

I had this same conversation with someone at work this morning and we couldn''t think a better player. When he got on the ball last night he terrified the Manure defence when he ran full tilt at them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="taintedtom2000"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RonDavies"] I don''t condone the coin throwing - it was meant as an observation that he seems to attract incidents like this. Sorry about that - I''m not having a good day! I''d certainly have him back too.
[/quote]

So if you worked in a newsagents and someone came in and threw a coin at your head it would be okay, because the person doesn''t like you?

Love or hate him, he was doing a job of work, and doesn''t deserve what happened.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I think you will find that reading the initial post it is implied that his reputation somehow invited the violence.

[:)]
[/quote]

I think he rectified that in the reply tho!

AAAAANYHOOOO!!!.....

Just off to make a cuppa...anyone want one? ;-)