Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Game Postponement?

[quote user="RonDavies"]Let''s face it - if the Exeter game could go ahead despite Norwich being in the grip of arctic conditions at the time, then I''m sure there''ll be no problem with a few odd flurries of snow tomorrow![;)][/quote]

I was going to mention that game. I saw people struggling on the walk down the hill from County Hall, it looked like they should have been roped together! The pitch was fine though so assuming it''s been looked after in the same way then it will go ahead no problem.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Heavy snow near Norwich at the moment, with plenty already on the ground.

What are the chances of tomorrow''s match being called off? I have no doubt that the pitch will be fine, but the old ''safety around the ground'' thing could come into question perhaps?

I''ve travelled a LONG way to get back for tomorrow, so will be more than a little disappointed if it''s not on! Any official word/news from the web team?

[/quote]

What are you on about you muppet

Game wont be called off even if weather gets worse.

The areas surrounding the ground were deemed "safe" for Exeter, Huddderfield, and Millwall, and were horrendous.

I actually fell twice on the Exeter game as did many others heading down the famous "lane" that had misleadingly been gritted at the top but as you turned the corner no other part had.

Intresting that a lady solictor was on sky sports news saying if clubs deemed the surrounding areas and access to and from the ground safe and you picked up a personal injury you could sue the club and local authority {council}

Arhtur v Delia in court......now that would sell out!!!

Don''t know what it''s doing in the city but out here in the Cantley / Reedham area we''ve just had about 3 inches in the last hour and its still falling heavy.

Lol, just read this thread and thought "I haven''t looked outside since I closed the curtains"Theres about half an inch of snow laid lol.I live near Carrow road but I can''t see this stopping the game lol.

My son is looking out of the window and just said "You should this snow coming down, dad?"I said "It''d look funny going up."

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You live near the ground Morty? Not in my neck of the woods is it? Lakenham? A short 10-15 minute walk???[/quote]I live near the train station.I can see Carrow road from my lounge.[:)]

[quote user="Shyster"]My son is looking out of the window and just said "You should this snow coming down, dad?"I said "It''d look funny going up."[/quote][img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm263/mardellski_2008/hysterical.gif[/img]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]No chance of the game being called off. None of the snow from the brief flurry has settled in NR1.[/quote]

A good inch (or more) here in NR1 now.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]No chance of the game being called off. None of the snow from the brief flurry has settled in NR1.[/quote]

[/quote]Hmmm, either we live in different NR1''s or you measure your inches different to me.[:P]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Hmmm, either we live in different NR1''s or you measure your inches different to me.

[:P]
[/quote]

I''m close to Mousehold and you could film arctic scenes here.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]Hmmm, either we live in different NR1''s or you measure your inches different to me.[:P][/quote]

I''m close to Mousehold and you could film arctic scenes here.

[/quote]Lol!

Enough of this stupid white stuff, not seen it up here today (York). If it is snowing then can all BMW drivers stay at home as every time it snows in Norfolk a BMW seems determined to travel sideways past us.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I assume that it''s ok in Norwich this morning as no-one has been posting about snow?[/quote]About the same half inch there was last night in NR1.Leave the huskies at home today.[:)]

It''s not too bad in Norwich.....Here I am just near Magdalen Street, and just making my way to the ground. I left my home at 04.30 this morning....

No chance of postponement! If we managed to keep the game on a few weeks ago, it will definitely be on today!!

The sun''s just come up over the houses here in Eaton and the snow is melting away like the Colchester defence.  I would be amazed if the game was cancelled, it''s better than it was when we played Exeter.

They were warnings on Talksport this morning that the A11 was extremely icy. Hopefully it is thawed by now, but beware folks if you are travelling that way.

NR1 weather report.Lovely sunny day here, about half an inch of snow rapidly turning to slush.