Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Game Postponement?

Heavy snow near Norwich at the moment, with plenty already on the ground.

What are the chances of tomorrow''s match being called off? I have no doubt that the pitch will be fine, but the old ''safety around the ground'' thing could come into question perhaps?

I''ve travelled a LONG way to get back for tomorrow, so will be more than a little disappointed if it''s not on! Any official word/news from the web team?

None on the ground, just a small and I mean small smount on the roof tops.

It will be game on.

I didn''t think it would be Wiz, but you know what ''the powers that be'' are like.

The country comes to a standstill at any given opportunity, so I apologise for ensuring a 9 hour trip wasn''t in vain!

Cheers Pete!

Again, my apolgies to those who can get to the ground in minutes/less than an hour, or who don''t go full stop - I was only checking because after travelling so far I wouldn''t want to miss out!

[quote user="barclaybabe"]stop bloody pancing it isnt that much. norwich havnt called off any of our games so far, look back to reality[/quote]

The point is, he has a 9 hour journey to make.  They didn''t forecast heavy snow on the weather last night or this morning, but we have blizzards here and it''s laying.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Again, my apolgies to those who can get to the ground in minutes/less than an hour, or who don''t go full stop - I was only checking because after travelling so far I wouldn''t want to miss out!

[/quote]

Take no notice James, just keep checking the met office website and looking at the radar thingy to check where the snow is, also check on here, nice fans will tell you what the situation is in Norwich i''m sure.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="barclaybabe"]stop bloody pancing it isnt that much. norwich havnt called off any of our games so far, look back to reality[/quote]

The point is, he has a 9 hour journey to make.  They didn''t forecast heavy snow on the weather last night or this morning, but we have blizzards here and it''s laying.

[/quote]

That''s exactly my point! Thank you WAY! I''m convinced it will be on, but considering it''ll be 16 hours travelling (taking in return times)...I''d just lik!e to check as I know what this country is like when it comes to snow!

We''ve had a few blizzards but it hasn''t laid here in North Norfolk, 100% sure the game will go ahead.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

Fair point james, respect and apoloies to you.[W]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]No chance of the game being called off. None of the snow from the brief flurry has settled in NR1.[/quote]

best you set foot outside carefully when leaving archant towers Pete. It,s a bit slippery out there... or certainly was at 3pm.

A very thin layer on my grass here in NR2 and temperature looks like being about zero tonight. Unless theres a huge fall overnight I can''t see there being any problems.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

If James is being grammatically correct WAY, I think the point is he has ALREADY made the journey so he can look at the weather outside himself. Reports from others every five minutes would seem redundant. 

[quote user="melody"]I hope the match is on. Somebody here has promised to take me. lol.[/quote]I somehow knew you''d be popular here lol!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="melody"]I hope the match is on. Somebody here has promised to take me. lol.[/quote]I somehow knew you''d be popular here lol![/quote]Oh dear are you going with shyster?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

Take no notice James, just keep checking the met office website and looking at the radar thingy to check where the snow is, also check on here, nice fans will tell you what the situation is in Norwich i''m sure.

[/quote]

I have been looking at the 5 day weather forecast on the BBC webiste and earlier this week they were predicting light snow and sleet for Thursday and Saturday....so its no surprise that we have light snow.     Try the Alps if you want DEEP (Heavy)  snow! 

now we have had 1 flake of the snow the whole country will shut down, people will panic buy milk and bread, schools will close and bone idle employees "wont be able to get to work today" but will still be able to get to the pub nearby....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been looking at the 5 day weather forecast on the BBC webiste and earlier this week they were predicting light snow and sleet for Thursday and Saturday....so its no surprise that we have light snow.     Try the Alps if you want DEEP (Heavy)  snow! 

[/quote]

To be fair, that outside our house in Scarning was not ''light snow'' that was a blizzard.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="melody"]I hope the match is on. Somebody here has promised to take me. lol.[/quote]I somehow knew you''d be popular here lol![/quote]Oh dear are you going with shyster?[/quote]I promised not to tell [:#] lol.

From the Met office

This Evening and Tonight:

Snow showers chiefly in the east and especially over Norfolk with several centimetres in places and drifting in strong winds. Lighter snow showers elsewhere but the west mainly dry. hard frosts. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

Saturday:

Sunny spells. Further snow showers in the east, some heavy, with drifting in strong winds at first, but showers mostly dying out later. Mainly dry in the west. Maximum temperature 4 °C.

Updated: 1512 on Fri 29 Jan 2010

Let''s face it - if the Exeter game could go ahead despite Norwich being in the grip of arctic conditions at the time, then I''m sure there''ll be no problem with a few odd flurries of snow tomorrow![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

Fair point james, respect and apoloies to you.[W]

[/quote]

No need to aplogise! Anyway, I''d bet money that the ''safety around the ground'' issue comes to the forefront as I slip over somewhere! Then maybe I''ll regret going! [;)]

I don''t think there is a problem with the game being on its whether you can get there or not mate.