Sign in to follow this  
Hartlepool Fan!

Hartlepool Fans Stopping In Norwich

Hi Hartlepool fan, avoid Riverside and Prince Of Wales Road like the plague, unless you like little chavs shoving a kebab in your face and booting you up and down the road., and coked up teeny boppers.

Head for the city centre, centre, Murderers timberhill, Delanys, then sourounding pubs are my tip, probabaly best for you to get a taxi to the murderers and then head down Delanys and you will see a lot of decent pubs to choose from, and also a lot of indians around that way so a late night curry aswell if you fancy.

Have a good day/night and enjoy our fine city, and would love to see old Jeffs face on sky sports news, but I will be at the game.

Lets hope for a lot of goals and a City win, but Pool to make the fans proud.

For the match, Coach and Horses, Mustard Pot would be a good choice.

Hi Hartlepool fan, If you enjoy your day as much as i enjoy going up to pools, you`ll hav a good crack, my wifes family are from Hartlepool, her uncle has a pub the princess Helina ( Fletchs bar) fantastic pub,

Her cousins husbard has the repro centre & her other cousin started his career as a YTS with pools went on to play 600 games for Bournemouth - Big Ste fletch. 

Safe journey hope ya team lose enjoy the city,

POW Rd really isn''t that bad. Just its the only place anything happens in the city so it looks bad. Compare it to anywhere else in the country and its safe! (i now await that myth of a stat about its violence per sq mile.)You can easily go down there and have a good night. Only a couple of pretentious places but everyone is there to have a good night. You may stumble across a few toossers (as you do everywhere) but im sure you will enjoy it.If someone gets mugged in NOrwich its front page news! People need to get a reality check and realise its NOT that bad.

You might be in for a shock as far as beer prices in Norwich are concerned I''m afraid (apart from in the aforementioned Wetherspoons).You can easily pay £3.50+ for a premium brand lager and £3.00+ just for a run of the mill Carling or the like,and similar or more for Guinness.I have lived in Norwich all my life and it has always been expensive compared with other parts of the country for some reason.I recently paid more for a pint of Heiniken Export in the Coach and Horses,than I did in a London West End pub a few days before!So enjoy,but come with plenty of money!Some lads I know stayed over in Hartlepool for the game at your place and had a good day/night and found you lot a very hospitable bunch.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="McCanary"]

A1 to Newark

A17 S/P sleafoed, Kings Lynn.

A47 Norwich...follow signs to the ground. Parking at County Hall or Lower Clarence.

On Saturday moring the A17 will be a breeze.

Safe trip and enjoy the game....but not too much!!

[/quote]

Your having a laugh, A17 breeze Its  c---p what ever day you get on it unless its around 3 am

[/quote]

I take it you drive it regularly ?

I always use it to go north and have only been held up during weekday journeys. I`ve never had a problem on there at the weekend.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Disagree with that....Prince of Wales Road was voted in the top 10 most violent Roads in the uk recently, you dont get that type of slur for "a few idiots".[/quote]And there''s the myth...... Apparently 19000 people hit POW Rd on a sat night (BBC Look East [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EGRdGOAOyY&feature=related]) so you are bound to have a few scuffles.If you want trouble then agree...you can find it. The fact is its so well policed that not much really does happen.In all my years of going out (and still hitting the tiles) ive only ever seen a few scuffles and been involved in 1.If you speak to anyone that visits norwich from another place, they have all enjoyed it and found it relaxed.But a spilt beer and a few choice words isn''t normal for Norfolk so it creates a lot of drama.Tombland is my prefered choice of place but they can be strict with a group of lads.See you down there tomorrow Hartlepool fan.

Its not a myth its a fact.

Why do you think its so heavily policed? You support my remarks by stating this. Its not heavily policed so they can direct those mery boys and girls to the nearest taxi rank is it mate..........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its not a myth its a fact.

Why do you think its so heavily policed? You support my remarks by stating this. Its not heavily policed so they can direct those mery boys and girls to the nearest taxi rank is it mate..........[/quote]Its heavily policed because 99% of Norwich nighhtlife is there or in the adjoining area.So if there is trouble, its bound to be there. I can name nightclubs and clubs galore from the Road.You still go out regularly Arf?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its not a myth its a fact.

Why do you think its so heavily policed? You support my remarks by stating this. Its not heavily policed so they can direct those mery boys and girls to the nearest taxi rank is it mate..........[/quote]Its heavily policed because 99% of Norwich nighhtlife is there or in the adjoining area.So if there is trouble, its bound to be there. I can name nightclubs and clubs galore from the Road.You still go out regularly Arf?

[/quote]Oh and prevention is a cure.....it certainly works down there.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its not a myth its a fact.

[/quote]Only when the brownshirts are marching.

Me and Doris go out 3 times a week for a meal or a film or drink with firends, we avoid prince of wales afetr several incidents witnessed over the last 6 months and now go the the lovely murderers and a stroll around the real city centre. We also no longer go to the cinema down riverside and use the one in the mall for the same reason.

Maybe im getting old, but it was never that bad down there when i was younger.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Me and Doris go out 3 times a week for a meal or a film or drink with firends, we avoid prince of wales afetr several incidents witnessed over the last 6 months and now go the the lovely murderers and a stroll around the real city centre. We also no longer go to the cinema down riverside and use the one in the mall for the same reason.

Maybe im getting old, but it was never that bad down there when i was younger.[/quote]Im not gonna argue that Arthur.But, my point is after going out week in week out for the last 10 years i have only ever seen a few things to cross the road for.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Disagree with that....Prince of Wales Road was voted in the top 10 most violent Roads in the uk recently, you dont get that type of slur for "a few idiots".[/quote]

Source?

Granted it''s rough by Norwich standards but compared to the rest of the UK I can''t see it, would be interested to see it if you have a source though.

OTBC

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Me and Doris go out 3 times a week for a meal or a film or drink with firends, we avoid prince of wales afetr several incidents witnessed over the last 6 months and now go the the lovely murderers and a stroll around the real city centre. We also no longer go to the cinema down riverside and use the one in the mall for the same reason.

Maybe im getting old, but it was never that bad down there when i was younger.[/quote]Come on Arthur, I remember there were regular "biff ups" at the Grosvenor and Gala on Friday and Saturday nights. The only difference was that we didn''t use knives or puke up in the street.

Fookin Lawrence!!! Sits in the Away End at Hartlepool and supports who ever we are playing, I kid you not, its Robert Maxwells Son (Allegedly) Not taking the piss either!!

I live in Dereham & I''ve seen loads more trouble in town than POW Road. In fact, it''s nice to go out in Norwich to get away from the fighting!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I live in Dereham & I''ve seen loads more trouble in town than POW Road. In fact, it''s nice to go out in Norwich to get away from the fighting!
[/quote]

Haha, can completely relate to this, walking through Diss on a friday night is far more dangerous!

Althought I don''t go out in Norwich much anymore, whenever I do there really isn''t any trouble unless you go looking for it. Generally, I find it a very friendly city.

Haven''t lived in Norwich for some years, but have heard that Riverside and Prince of Wales Road can get a little iffy, it is more aimed at the younger age range so I guess that goes with the territory. I always preferred Tombland/Magdalen St, or Murderers neck of the woods anyway.

My only other question is just where on earth you would go to have a vote on "the most violent Roads in the uk"?

Last week managed Selby to Norwich in 3 hours, (not speeding) A17 fine, a few tractors, lorries, and a few twonks overtaking on blind bends. But still averaged 50 mph. Not the season for caravans yet but be warned the flats caps will be about on Sunday so watch out for vehicles pulling out then doing 20mph or if you leave it too late vehicles slowing down to 40 everytime something comes the other way. Last week someone decided to drive down the middle of the road, not sure the vehicles coming the other way were too impressed (that may have been in Lincolnshire though)

Farm house good place to stop off for late breakfast

M18 A1 A17 etc

The fact POW road was VOTED into the top 10 roughest streets says it all really. It will have been voted in there by a bunch of norfolk neds that think a slap round the chops is front page news. There are far rougher streets in the UK. See - London, Cardiff, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, Mosside, Bridgend, Newquay, Glasgow to name a few towns/cities that will have far rougher streets than POW! FACT my ar$e.

Take no notice of that idiot. Definately DO NOT go anywhere near Riverside or Prince of Wales Road after the game. It''s twat central full of drunken yobs and the bars (because there are no proper pubs) are all terrible anyway. POW Road especially has the unenviable reputation in the local press as being officially the most dangerous road in Norfolk. I wouldn''t hang around there on a Saturday night if you paid me. There are one or two decent pubs in the city centre mind you.

Your lot gave us unbelievable hospitality for the corresponding fixture in Hartlepool, and I sincerely hope you have a great weekend guys.

I would not recommend POW road for a night out because it is c rap... not because it is rough. Northerners are supposed to be tough anyway

I would do a pub crawl of Norwich City Centre, including visits to:The Coach and HorsesThe Adam and EveThe Rumsey WellsThe Golden StarThe Ten BellsThat would be a good mixture of culture and alcohol.