Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

If only he had of been!!!!!!

Tiny was a good player for us and would have improved our defence no end! reasons (probably doomcasters incompetence) meant we didnt sign him sadly.

The reason he was not signed was simple cheapness. The fans wanted him to play for us, I imagine the manager wanted him so sign for us, even HE WANTED TO SIGN FOR US but the front office chose to haggle when it was obvious he would have been worth the million asking price. He had proven his value to the team already. Look what it cost us. We''re hosting fricking Hartlepool tomorrow!

But, looking back now...

Would you rather have the upward mobility we are now displaying or a few more years of drawn out demise?

Taylor could have made a difference and helped keep us up, but I very much doubt he would have stopped the rot and triggered change in the boardroom / management.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The reason he was not signed was simple cheapness. The fans wanted him to play for us, I imagine the manager wanted him so sign for us, even HE WANTED TO SIGN FOR US but the front office chose to haggle when it was obvious he would have been worth the million asking price. He had proven his value to the team already. Look what it cost us. We''re hosting fricking Hartlepool tomorrow![/quote]I thought it was pretty well publicised the time. And it was a gaff by a lot of people involved. Firstly Brum asked for £750k - everyone knows that bit. Norwich hummed and arred and then the manager came out with the statement that he has spoken to Taylor and he wanted to stay with us and that his kids walk around in Norwich shirts.Brum seeing this decide that because he wants to go there they will put the price up just as Norwich come back to them to say £750k is a good deal. The price went up to nearly £1mil. We baulked and said no way in the hope that it was a bluff.To be honest they don''t exactly conduct good buisiness and that Brady lady is a smug so and so. In a way I am glad they didn''t invest in us because people moan about Delia - that ponce is way more smug than Delia.I don''t blame them. Taylor was probably worth £750 but £1mil - never. I think £750k is steep. A good solid defender no doubt but sitting in a reserve team and playing little football doesn''t make him worth that much.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Houston Canary"]The reason he was not signed was simple cheapness. The fans wanted him to play for us, I imagine the manager wanted him so sign for us, even HE WANTED TO SIGN FOR US but the front office chose to haggle when it was obvious he would have been worth the million asking price. He had proven his value to the team already. Look what it cost us. We''re hosting fricking Hartlepool tomorrow![/quote]

I thought it was pretty well publicised the time. And it was a gaff by a lot of people involved. Firstly Brum asked for £750k - everyone knows that bit. Norwich hummed and arred and then the manager came out with the statement that he has spoken to Taylor and he wanted to stay with us and that his kids walk around in Norwich shirts.

Brum seeing this decide that because he wants to go there they will put the price up just as Norwich come back to them to say £750k is a good deal. The price went up to nearly £1mil. We baulked and said no way in the hope that it was a bluff.

To be honest they don''t exactly conduct good buisiness and that Brady lady is a smug so and so. In a way I am glad they didn''t invest in us because people moan about Delia - that ponce is way more smug than Delia.

I don''t blame them. Taylor was probably worth £750 but £1mil - never. I think £750k is steep. A good solid defender no doubt but sitting in a reserve team and playing little football doesn''t make him worth that much.
[/quote]

Not the way I saw it...

We put in an offer of £850k or thereabouts, Brady refused that and tried to push him onto QPR for £1.25m (they were loaded at the time), QPR did not want him, Brum settled for our improved offer as long as they could get another defender in by the time the window closed, they didn''t and we lost out. Everything on our part was down to Roeder who nearly pulled it off but for Brum''s ability to get in a replacement for Taylor.