Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

Re: And guess who f*cked up again

and a tough end to the season with a couple of away games at Newc and Notts Forest. Hopefully they will still be in the mix then :D

Let''s hope so! I work with a couple of Ipswich fans, so it would be all the more sweet :)

[quote user="Gibbo"]Let''s hope so! I work with a couple of Ipswich fans, so it would be all the more sweet :)[/quote]Try having a couple of really immature scummers in your AS media group.... they were quiet last week after i questioned them about losing to a ''crappy league one side'' [H]...

I think they will be far less happy come monday night when they find out who they have had to flog to balance the books.

Or that at sometime somehow it might just penetrate their dimwitted heads why Evans is charging them interest on the full £25m debt when he, supposedly, only paid £4/6/8m himself. Surely if there was any truth in the claim that he was pushing for them to get into the premiership he would happily accept what was owed and no more.

The suggestion is though that any payment made to Norwich Union was an interim payment with more to follow if and when they did get promotion. They were hardly going to let them off the hook without out some sort of return if it suceeded.

That explains why Evans has not really bust a gut over something that may cost millions and not even succeed. He''s not even backed them when they were just outside the playoffs so.

At the moment Evans is happy to ratchet up the money they owe him in the safe knowledge that year in year out he can offset those unpaid losses against any taxable profits elsewhere in the company. And, as a bonus, he has some fine corporate facilities to use for his training/business stuff as well.

Don''t fret about whether they go down this season. The slide is there and will continue for the foreseeable future. The youth policy is being run down, that''s why Klug jumped ship. They even closed down their shop (Binmark) in the town centre.

They are hovering just about the relegation zone because there is nowt in the pot to do anything about it. That''s why there''s been no January signings, so many others have been shipped out on loan and that''s also why a sale or two is in the offing.

My heart bleeds for them.