Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

Divided Loyalties...

Anyone else in this situation?

My 12 year old has played for NCFC Academy (against Arsenal, Spurs and Fulham last season) but not given a place in the Academy set-up. He''s had 2 more trial games in the dome in January this year - scoring a hat-trick in one session and an excellent header in the second game. He gets glowing reports from the PDC where he plays every week - yet nothing from NCFC...

He even played in an u-16 trial game during the summer and scored the opening goal at Carrow Rd with a run into the area and a rising shot into the roof of the net at the Barclay End. Not bad considering most players that day were at least 3 years older...

A scout from Ipswich has just called to ask where my son is playing this Sunday because they want to watch him.

He dreams of getting some Academy training to make progress - but only ever wanted to wear yellow & green.

After the dithering at Colney I suppose ITFC is the next best option if they offer him a place?

We''re both NCFC season ticket holders and know nothing else. Hell this is a tricky one!

Of course he should take the place, as much as I dislike them I think they have a pretty good academy, if its either them or nothing then he''d have to take it.Would it be maybe a good idea to contact Norwich if you have another offer and try and force their hand?

Stuff nightmares are made of, if you son has a real chance of making I don''t think you could deny him that opportunity. I must admit I would be trying to get him in any other academy.

I guess you have to go for it, but if the binmen do offer a place perhaps make one last effort to get City to take him.

If it really isn''t something you could stomach (you''d have to start watching their matches, and presumably wanting him/them to win!), there is an alternative - move to a different area and get him in at, say, West Ham or somewhere else entirely....!? :-)

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Let the binners pay for his training and get him ready for the league, then he can walk out on a free and come home!
[/quote]LOL exellent [Y]  if its his dream its a very simple answer YES

[quote user="Brundall Canary"]Anyone else in this situation? My 12 year old has played for NCFC Academy (against Arsenal, Spurs and Fulham last season) but not given a place in the Academy set-up. He''s had 2 more trial games in the dome in January this year - scoring a hat-trick in one session and an excellent header in the second game. He gets glowing reports from the PDC where he plays every week - yet nothing from NCFC... He even played in an u-16 trial game during the summer and scored the opening goal at Carrow Rd with a run into the area and a rising shot into the roof of the net at the Barclay End. Not bad considering most players that day were at least 3 years older... A scout from Ipswich has just called to ask where my son is playing this Sunday because they want to watch him. He dreams of getting some Academy training to make progress - but only ever wanted to wear yellow & green. After the dithering at Colney I suppose ITFC is the next best option if they offer him a place? We''re both NCFC season ticket holders and know nothing else. Hell this is a tricky one![/quote]

I think you should absolutely look into getting a place at Ipswich but as suggested, after you have officially been offered a place you should contact the club one last time.

There is an old saying that "it''s easier to get a job when you have a job"

There are 90 other league teams are there any other options? I know we are miles from anywhere in Norfolk so it might involve moving. At the end of the day if its the only viable option you have to go for it.

Go for it, as long as he agrees to score an own goal in every East Anglian Derby he may or may not play...

its a professional team giving a young english lad a chance.. good luck to him, if he plays for Ispwich then still good luck to him.

No discussion if he has the chance he should take it theres no loyalty in football when its your career he can always be a fan but as a career he needs to be where he is wanted and has the best chance on making it,  if this is down the road then so be it.  Fingers crossed for him he makes the grade, his dreams come true and makes somone sorry from city they didn''t sign him on (unless they do).

Thanks everyone - I value your comments!

Actually the game (-13 League fixture for tomorrow) has been called off because of the snow....hardly surprising I suppose.

Great win points-wise today at Carrow Rd though?