Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Is it a record?

I''d always believed that prior to todays events the club record for consecutive league wins at home was 10. It appears upon a little research that the record is actually 12 between the dates of 15.03.1952 to 20.09.1952 and that 10 is actually the record number of consecutive wins (home and away). Since the 12 were recorded over two seperate seasons it''s safe to say that 11 is certainly the record for consecutive home wins in a single season but is this the record in question or have we become a tad confused  here? I''m far too young to remember the great unbeaten run in ''52 can anyone elaborate upon this or confirm/deny this record of 12 consecutive home wins?

Record in a single season was 10, now 11.

Record full-stop is 12...we should aim to beat that as well!

I think our record for most consecutive wins home and away is 10...we''re on 8 now, so that''s well within our reach too!

Just out of interest, was Paulton our highest ever away victory?

Certainly a record-breaking season which started way back on day 1 in disastrous fashion!

You''re right. It''s the record for most consecutive home wins in one season. They said it on the radio, and I''ve heard it in various other sources. They wouldn''t have bothered mentioning ''in one season'' unless there was a better record spanning two.