Sign in to follow this  
Stukulele

Is Holt the new Huckerby?

Just occured to me, could Grant Holt rise to the same or a similar level to Darren Huckerby in the eyes of the fans? He seems to have a big following so far, of course scoring as many goals as he has done will endear any player to a new club, but coud he have that little bit extra? He was recently sent off for a nasty challenge but wasn''t roundly criticised. And do you think it''s good to have a player rise to such a status, do we become over-reliant on them or does it give us a lift?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]More like Iwan than Huckerby. The flair and belief that everytime he got on the ball something great might happen is unrivalled[/quote]Beat me to it.

I think you will find the front 3 are going up to the level of Darren in the eyes of the fans, as for that challenge i think you will find fans will put it down to a moment of madness, like most players have in there playing times. As long as Grant dont do it again it will soon be forgiven.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]More like Iwan than Huckerby. The flair and belief that everytime he got on the ball something great might happen is unrivalled[/quote]bingo

I agree , there is only one Darren Huckerby. He for me came to Norwich when he could have had a pick of clubs in the championship, let alone a few of the premier clubs when he signed from Man city. We love him and he loves us , we should never compare him to any other player. But holt has come in and done a superb job and if he can do the same in the championship then we can start to raise his profile as a true norwich great.

The one and only  Grant Holt !!!!

[quote user="delboycanary"]

I agree , there is only one Darren Huckerby. He for me came to Norwich when he could have had a pick of clubs in the championship, let alone a few of the premier clubs when he signed from Man city. We love him and he loves us , we should never compare him to any other player. But holt has come in and done a superb job and if he can do the same in the championship then we can start to raise his profile as a true norwich great.

The one and only  Grant Holt !!!!

[/quote]

Agreed. If, over time, Holt proves the same commitment and loyalty to NCFC then we can start to compare his status with Huckerby''s. As mentioned above, he is perhaps more comparable to Iwan at the moment.