How good were/are you?

I could have been a contender but

I didnt quite make the England Team

I didnt quite make Pro football

I didnt quite make semi pro

I didnt quite make senior football

I did however play for my school

As I say I could have been a contender

I had trials with Northampton but wasn''t good enough. Also offered trials with Col Who but they got snowed off and Stockport but the trails were right in the middle of my GCSE''s. Good planning for a football club eh?

At uni I captained my first team and played ressie football at Worthing where I was Captain and Burgess Hill. both semi pro clubs with good support. Ended up captain at Peacehaven FC in Sussex before moving to London where I had a trial with AFC Wimbledon.

I Scored the best (and luckiest) goal of my life in that trial and went on to play 5 games (0 goals - I''m a striker) for the ressies and then did my knee ligaments in and didn''t play at all for two years. Haven''t played a decent standard since (that was 2004).

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]As a kid i saw Andy Townsend coming out of the chip shop on Harvey Lane-I got him 2 sign my chip paper (he used his porsche 2 lean on)-Thats how close i got 2 becoming a footballer![/quote]

When i was younger my dad used to Video weddings and so on, and vidoed Spencer Priors Wedding.

Also when we were on our promotion season. We just beat Derby 2-1 with 10 men as Kev Harper got sent off. Anyway went out drinking after to celebrate and ended up having a lock in with Kev Harper and Peter Crouch. Ended up at Dunstan Hall Cleaning crouchys room as his City tracksuit was just chucked on the floor!! Top guy though even gave me £20 for a taxi home!

Then Last year I was paraded around Wembley Before the Championship playoff final as part of "Help the heros"

Thats as close as I have got to making it.

played for the academy at the ripe old age of 11, left due to being bullied pretty much by the coach a year later three months after i left and a few others left he was sacked! Had three or four trials since then for city. Was scouted by cambridge united this year after playing in a friendly against them for wroxham under 18s. Made my debut a day after my 16th birthday for wroxham ressies played a quite a few games before braking a bone in my knee around november last year havent been the same since but still hoping to earn a few quid in the future.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]I had trials for Ipswich and Norwich. I represented Suffolk and won a few trophys with Lowestoft youth team, i also played for Lowestoft first team a few times. This all sounds relatively impressive untill you hear that the reason i didnt get into Norwich was because they chose Rogert Eagle !!!!!!!![/quote]

Not prepared to reveal who you are, i''m sure a few vistors to the Crown Meadows would recognise you? A few of your youth mates are still in the first team squad/

I had trials for Norwich, Oxford , and Cambridge, played in the Norwich trial game with John Fashanu, and Keith Webb ,played, i didn,t make it but they were both kept on. When i had the trial with Oxford i travelled down on the coach with Norwich reserves, and geuss who was playing for the reserves, John Fashanu, who was telling every one that he would be more famous than his brother Justin, well i suppose he was in the end. Iwas at Cambridge for nine Months, but was released because of the money situation at the club, and was told they would have to sign me as a full time pro, but hthey had younger boys with as much potential, but wouldn''t have to pay them as much. my local career , i played for Hoveton, Poringland, now called Norwich utd, and on Sundays i played in the great Unity Emeralds team, Happy memories, O.T.B.C.

Im not up the meadow any more, played my last season last year mainly for the ressies and we went undefeated. Yeah quite a few of them are still in the first team there and they are going strong. The place is starting to change a bit now though with a load of ex Kings Lynn players signing, can only help the club!

never been anywhere near good enough! I have worked with a Former Ipswich player, and with someone who played for Dereham a few years ago though.

Both my knees keep playing up stopping me from playing. When i was playing i was watched by NCFC for a few games. Thats about as close as i got. :(

Played for uni team at Leicester and Leicester City often took two or three players to make up their youth teams in those days (70''s) My "trial" consisted of 5 minutes at the end of a game against Luton, playing out of position - I was a centre back, they played me up front. I scored a header from a corner, they took my name and I never heard from them again!

Once playing for uni at centre back we played against Liverpool uni and I was marking a chap who had just been released by Liverpool FC. We lost 7-2 and he scored 5 of them. He was like lightning, I couldn''t even get near enough to kick him. If he wasn''t good enough, I was nowhere near. Had a great time in local leagues though, often playing 2 or 3 times a weekend, only one serious injury which kept me out for about 6 weeks. Got booked a lot but never sent off. Lots of stitches in eyebrows but no broken nose! Played up front for my works team and played at Loftus Road, Craven Cottage and Selhurst Park (they used to hire them for games against customers). Never played at Carra though.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Achieved my dream of playing at FCR.NOw struggling with playing and afternoons at FCR.....Im 27. Keep playing or not?? Oooo decisions![/quote]Keep playing mate, limited timespan on footballing career, lifetime of watching the mighty yellows!

Just like Bethnal Yellow and Green I was a hockey player when I was younger. I got to train and play in the England U21 Indoor squad for a season in the early 1980''s, before I got dropped for not being good enough, too slow and more interested in drinking beer and chasing around after girls.

A few of the squad (three I think) went on to represent Great Britain and won gold medals in the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Achieved my dream of playing at FCR.NOw struggling with playing and afternoons at FCR.....Im 27. Keep playing or not?? Oooo decisions![/quote]Keep playing mate, limited timespan on footballing career, lifetime of watching the mighty yellows![/quote]Thats what everyone keeps saying..maybe they and you are right...thing is...i hate these cold winter days [;)] and missing City!

Spent 2 years had Leeds, had Trials at Coventry City Played against my age in the morning, then was asked to play in the U17''s on the afternoon, then they brought the whole of Leeds Utd staff there! Spent 6 months at York and Halifax when both were in the league, always told i was too small.

Did play district and county football. Played against Wayne Rooney.

Now ive bulked up, i played semi pro last year,

I was exceptional, but Sainty and a couple of others didn''t see it that way.To be honest I wasn''t good enough, but the disappointment of not making the grade spurred me on to do well in the field of catering and I''m financially better off now than I would''ve been playing pro football through the seventies and eighties where my career would''ve ended prematurely through injury anyway.

Played in goal for  Birmingham City Schoolboys, Tamworth United  and almost signed for Walsall in early 60''s but found my way into the Army,