Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I find The Man's latest column quite offensive

Children, Santa is watching! If you can''t behave, you''ll have to go and sit in the River End!

Sorry guys, but we seem to have lost the plot here. The so called ''Man in the stands'' has as much right to give an opinion as any of us, we simply don''t have to stoop to his level & read it, but when we get involved with the amateur dramatics involved in this thread, then don''t you think we are just playing into his hands?

If I want to read about so called ''death threats'' etc, then I''ll start reading the Sunday Sport. There are one or two people who need to take a bit of a reality check before logging on. 

Relax, we''re winning!

In reply to Tumbleweed and one or two others, I think you''re misreading The Man''s column. It isn''t HIM who said anything about hiding behind internet usernames, it was Joe Kinnear who was quoted as saying that. The Man didn''t say he agreed with that aspect of his quote, so it is not hypocritical of him to go under a pseudonym himself.

I think the point of the piece was really that football people read these boards and maybe people should be more measured in their criticisms. Certainly footballers should accept criticism from the people who pay their wages, but some of it can be a little over the top, and how would you feel if you were the subject of it?

I look forward to reading the Man''s page everyweek. There''s an air of mystery and intrigue attached to his anonymity whilst his comment always gets right to the heart of the issue, occaisionally poking fun but always full of incite. And a fair dollop of Ipsich bashing for good measure.

Last weeks column was spot on. Absolutely.

Who could be upset by that - only a moron or madman.

Any of those on this board?

I''m not offended in the slightest by this article.  I would be quite happy to discuss anything I have posted on this board to NW, the players or board members.  I don''t think that most posters on here are cruel, some may go to far and post complete and utter rubbish but I don''t really ever get involved the threads like "my mates uncles step-sisters boyfriends dogsitter knows someone at the club who cleans the bogs and they tell me that we will sign x player come January".  If people want to discuss that though it''s fine by me.

I must say though, that this is the first time I have read an article by "The Man" but I don''t think I''ll bother reading any more.  Half of his article was quotes and I found it quite hypocritical.  I find it quite funny that he has probably read more of my posts than I have of his articles!

As for players reading message boards and finding that people are criticising them, so what?  Rick Waghorn critises City and he''s a fan.  Roy Waller points out the teams failing and he''s a fan also.  I can''t believe the players are that upset about it at all really, it''s part of football.  You win, you are a God, you lose and you are steaming pile of manure!  Thats just the way it is.

Saint Canary, I''m just interested because I still fail to see the hypocrisy in the article.

Could you point it out to me please because I''m clearly missing something. Maybe I''m a moron.

I thought it was an open secret that ''The Man'' is none other than Mr Radio Norfolk, Roy Waller. 

Anyway, he always keeps me entertained when I read the Pink Un.  Typical hard-hitting stuff this time.  Since we''re (nearly) all morons, let''s take the flak, just as we dish it out!

A. Moron

[quote]WOW! Where was I when this thread got completely out of control!Oh yeah I must have been up the other end of the pond hiding behind a bullrush!![/quote]

WARNING! MORON ALERT

geeeeeeeezuz,

This thread looks like the audition line for the new season of Eastenders, death threats, counter threats, conspiracy theories, name calling, it''s got the lot!! They should in all honestly write a series about the posters on the Pinkun, and call it "Eastpondenders"...

I for one, am in the 90% of morons here and very proud of it! I cant think of anything worse, than the tables being turned and their being only 10% morons... I mean what kind of fun would that be...

The man posted a "troll", and look what he''s created from our "lovely pinkun family"... The Sopranos!! Hold back the dogs of war all, we''ll unleash them on an un-suspecting Chelsea this weekend!!

sing it with me everybody...

We''re one big happy family... family,
Living our lives, now that''s reality!

REALITY TEST FOR ALL, TESTING ONE, TWO, TESTING, TESTING.........

DAMMIT I FAILED

As 90% of posts are moronic and I post a disproportionately high number of the posts to this forum I am happy to confirm that I am one of the moronsOTBC

[quote]As 90% of posts are moronic and I post a disproportionately high number of the posts to this forum I am happy to confirm that I am one of the morons OTBC[/quote]

You do yourself an injustice Zipper, as an old manger of mine used to say, "you are one of our better lads, carry on"

You are too kind Jim but I know I am no different from the majority of posters on this site (one of the main reasons why I post here) and so all for one and one for all, and who is to say which opinion is right - and thats what gets posted on this forum - opinions as varied as drop Eddie to Eddie for player on the season.

I am happy being a moron as well as posting the occassion troll...

OTBC

Do you know what guys?  Only occasionally do I think that a post could be labelled as moronic on this board.  There are some superb threads on here, mostly all with reasoned and thought out replies.  Compare this board with some of the others out there and you soon realise how good this one actually is!!

There are some "newbies" posting now, all very welcome and the majority very good too.  IMO, so long as an opinion is expressed carefully and thoughtfully (and non offensive), it is justified for debate.

THANKYOU.  OTBC