Sign in to follow this  
EYEBALL119

McSheffrey signed for Leeds

If you''d have told me on New Years Eve that Leeds wouldn''t win and of their next 4 (non FA Cup games) I''d have laughed in your face!! We haven''t looked like conceding goals nevermind losing games but here we are...

I still maintain though that NO team in this league will pick up more points than Leeds and Norwich between now and May

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]obviously the game at Carrow Road can''t be won by both teams... incidentally if Leeds get to the JPT final that game will have to be rearranged for later in the season![/quote]Hopefully you will get to the JPT final - it''s an extra game for you and a nice little rest for us.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]If you''d have told me on New Years Eve that Leeds wouldn''t win and of their next 4 (non FA Cup games) I''d have laughed in your face!! We haven''t looked like conceding goals nevermind losing games but here we are...

I still maintain though that NO team in this league will pick up more points than Leeds and Norwich between now and May[/quote]I completely agree that chances are we will be top two.But your game against Colchester is massive now, fail to win that and your blip will have become a slump.I think you will beat them though.

Great signing for this league. Fact is most City fans would have been equally delighted if we''d have signed him. Of course you never know how any new player if going to fit in and whether he will make a difference, but I imagine that if he stays fit, he''ll give you boys a real boost.

To be honest though I''m glad it''s Leeds that have signed him and not Charlton. If they strengthen then it''s a 3 horse-race whereas at the moment I can see both Norwich and Leeds running away with the automatic places.....which suits me fine.

[quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

He is dropping 2 leagues and whether he can score or not it doesnt matter. 2 seasons ago we had dougie freedman on loan who set up so many goals for Beckford. He is this type of player only better.He will bully league one defenders and put Beckford on a good goal streak. Dont forget Leeds score from midfield too this season. Youtube him or ask any blues/coventry fan. He will assist a lot of goals.

Hope that answers your question now answer mine.

[/quote]

Yes he is a good player and if he regains his form he will be too good for this league.

But how will that help if your right side defence and especially your right back continue to leak chances and goals?

McSheffrey is actually a Championship player he was never signed as a Premier player he helped a team get promoted. If he is match fit and keen then this is a good signing and may prove to be the catalyst that Leeds need to push on.

Alternatively it may just leave the way for Beckford to get his move on the last few days of the window?[6]

[quote user="spainboy"]

Question to all Norwich fans.

Is McSheffrey league one standard or better than league one??

Please dont get out of the question.  Answer either BETTER or LEAGUE ONE.

[/quote]

when fully fit and confident he would do very well at this level. However he is not fully fit, and the fact he has not been scoring must have knocked his confidence. Leeds have started to wobble and he is not gonna help!!

yes you have 2 games in hand, but you now have to win BOTH games, even if you do, you end up 3pts clear of us but still have to play us at Carrow Road! and as one of the decent Leeds poster on this site has said, we are steam rolling other teams while you struggle, even when you win.

Good signing or not give me Holt,Martin and Hulahoop any day!! oh and Super Oli and Cody Mac...... The list is endless.

Now clear off Painboy, you waste of skin

Hes a good signing, but I dont rate him anymore than anything we already have in our team. Whats more is, will he be able to just come straight in a work wonders... if Leeds saturday and we win and thats the 2 games in hand down the drain.... provided they win thoses! It will take him a couple of games to get setteled and sometimes it doesnt work out. I remeber Leeds fans shooting thier moves of about how great Vokes was going to be and how he would tear this league a new one because he had come from a premier league team..... yeah that worked out didnt it!

[quote user="birchfest"]Hes a good signing, but I dont rate him anymore than anything we already have in our team. Whats more is, will he be able to just come straight in a work wonders... if Leeds saturday and we win and thats the 2 games in hand down the drain.... provided they win thoses! It will take him a couple of games to get setteled and sometimes it doesnt work out. I remeber Leeds fans shooting thier moves of about how great Vokes was going to be and how he would tear this league a new one because he had come from a premier league team..... yeah that worked out didnt it!
[/quote]

Wolves offered Vokes plus (from memory) £300,000 for Beckford a couple of weeks ago which Leeds rejected.  Shows how well Vokes lived up to the hype.

Excellent player for this league, but league 1 pitches are not good for someone who''s injury prone!!

Top signing for Dirty Leeds!, would be suprised if he is not  a success. Think he is class especially at this level and would love him in Lappins position in our team although saying that I still believe we have a stronger team/squad......

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

He is dropping 2 leagues and whether he can score or not it doesnt matter. 2 seasons ago we had dougie freedman on loan who set up so many goals for Beckford. He is this type of player only better.He will bully league one defenders and put Beckford on a good goal streak. Dont forget Leeds score from midfield too this season. Youtube him or ask any blues/coventry fan. He will assist a lot of goals.

[/quote]

Yes he is a good player and if he regains his form he will be too good for this league.

But how will that help if your right side defence and especially your right back continue to leak chances and goals?

[/quote]

Up until xmas Leeds had only conceded 8 goals all season.I do agree that we need a full back cos I think Jason Crowe is the weakest link in defence. Kisnorbo and Bromby are solid in central and Hughes has been excellent. Leeds are missing another FB but that''s about it.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

[/quote]

[/quote] Up until xmas Leeds had only conceded 8 goals all season.I do agree that we need a full back cos I think Jason Crowe is the weakest link in defence. Kisnorbo and Bromby are solid in central and Hughes has been excellent. Leeds are missing another FB but that''s about it.[/quote]

Spainboy,don''t get to excited, he cant get in the Birmingham''s side No team in the Championship want him, Why, Because he''s a PISSHEAD,,him and Doyle back on the town together, More time in the Boss''s office,  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yarmyed"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Fair point morty, he''s only played for Forest 4 times since last March too, if the wiki is accurate.  Suggests that knee injury has taken a long time to fix.  It''s a bit of a punt, especially if that wage figure is right.
[/quote]

Reminds me of our previous board''s style lol.
[/quote]

Crikey yes - Sibierski anyone ?
[/quote]

Sibierski was over the hill and past it. This guy is 27 and should really be coming into his peak but has had a few setbacks. In the championship for Coventry and Birmingham he was capable of getting 15/20 goals a season from the left wing. Remind you of anyone?

So if he got fit and playing well at league one level he could be devastating. If Leeds have the money (big if) I think it is a gamble well worth taking.

Whether a team can be balanced with him and Beckford in it though is anyones guess.

[/quote]

I would say not having scored a goal in almost 2 seasons, and not featured in a starting line up this season is maybe a punt too far, specially if they are going to pay silly money.
[/quote]

On that basis Hucks scored 1 goal in 16 games (admittedly Premier League) for Man City in 02/03 which means he scored once in about 10 months before he joined Forest on loan and subsequently us. He wasnt a crap player during that time it was just Keegan didnt rate him.

Same could apply here (although obviously we hope not). Plus I said it was a gamble based on his potential. Because he was producing that form at the moment championship clubs would be queuing up for him. If he can get fit and give Leeds that level of performance it will be one hell of a signing although I still think our team is a better all round one.

[quote user="Askounin"]Good signing for Leeds but he is nowhere near the player he was 3 years ago[/quote]

the problem is Steve Bruce loved him but Mcleish didn''t. His confidence dropped because he was put down the pecking order. For the first 6 months under Bruce he was a standard premier league player, and for an average Coventry he was an excellent striker. He just lost confidence.

Blockbuster signing IMO

Best Player in League 1 by a mile , if he is fully fit.

It''s all nonsense to believe that no championship clubs were after him. Fact is , Leeds are as big an attraction as any Championship club. Proof for that is Kisnorbo , who joined us when there were loads of Clubs in the higher leagues waiting for him.

League 1 is the perfect platform for Gary Mc to recover his form and fitness. He''d walk this league for fun as he is too good for it.

Great signing. Gradel and Gary Mc in the wings gives us the best wingers in this League along with Snodgrass. Grayson is proving that quality is better than quantity with his signings :)

Looking at this objectively (from an NCFC fan) this is a good signing, despite the banter on here. Whenever he played against us in the CCC, he always did well; he''ll do very well in League One.

Along with the other signings, this will strengthen Dirty Leeds considerably; I hate to say it, they will be on our tails until the end of the season.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Up until xmas Leeds had only conceded 8 goals all season.I do agree that we need a full back cos I think Jason Crowe is the weakest link in defence. Kisnorbo and Bromby are solid in central and Hughes has been excellent. Leeds are missing another FB but that''s about it.[/quote]Thing is though MATE, since Christmas we haven''t dropped a point and only conceded two goals and you Yorkshire mongs haven''t won in the league this year.. come back here when your form''s picked up but until then, shut the fu ck up!

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="spainboy"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Up until xmas Leeds had only conceded 8 goals all season.I do agree that we need a full back cos I think Jason Crowe is the weakest link in defence. Kisnorbo and Bromby are solid in central and Hughes has been excellent. Leeds are missing another FB but that''s about it.[/quote]Thing is though MATE, since Christmas we haven''t dropped a point and only conceded two goals and you Yorkshire mongs haven''t won in the league this year.. come back here when your form''s picked up but until then, shut the fu ck up![/quote]

Nicely said, now feed  him to the pigs!

Cracking signing for Leeds - will league one ever be stronger than this season? Maybe they will not be talking about sacking Grayson now but this will still be a close race IMO. Not bothered if we finish first or second as long as Parkinson ends up dissapointed. Can''t stand the bloke.

You''d have to put this down as a good signing, so long as he can return to some sort of form - he was great a couple of seasons ago but is now a country mile from their first team. If he gets a good run out you''d think he could star at this level.

Would be nice if we could get a ''name'' in, but then tbh with the way the side and squad is playing, there isn''t really anywhere for them to fit in at the moment. And loans can still come in later on should we need one.

The thing is he can play left mid of striker.Having said that I believe the guy Leeds had on loan who came on and turned the game against us has gone back to his parent club. This is a good deal for several reasons. Maybe a champ club didnt want to take a gamble on him. If he gets game time at Leeds he can at least prove he is still capable, which I believe he is. And if that happens he is on a free at the end of the season and can talk to anyone right now about who to sign for.It could be that he already has discussed a deal with another club who have suggested that he should get some game time to prove to them he still has it. Or he may already have been offered a deal at Leeds and has agreed to stay on the condition of promotion.It is a slight gamble because he may not be match fit having not played in all that time other than in their reserves.I think it will be pretty close and in some ways the good news for both us and Leeds is that no one else seems to have signed anyone of any real interest.

Christ on a bike, and yes I know I''m adding to it but 117/18 posts on Leeds signing a player...........1..2..3 and we are all back in the room.