Sign in to follow this  
EYEBALL119

McSheffrey signed for Leeds

[quote user="spainboy"]

Stop all this sour grape stuff. Yes you are top of the league well done and we have games in hand well done to us bu the thing is McSheffrey is a cracking signing for this level. Actually he would be a cracking signing for any of the top 6 championship teams right now. Beckford is the goal machine and Becchio hasnt been the player he was last season. McShefferey can not only play in varoius positions he can read the game more than most in this league.

Say what you like, McSheffrey is a top signing for this level. Hes got a proven record in the championship with minimum of 15 league goals. Leeds will cross that bridge if he gets injured but in the meantime he has to be the signing of the transfer window in this league.  The other person who is meant to be joining today  is Aston Villa and Australian international defender Shane Lowry who again is cracking for this tinpot league.

So looking forward to the second part of the season!!!

[/quote]Jesus, you really are fucking stupid.Why, and try to answer this, would he choose Leeds over a top 6 championship side?Seriously mate, you are a retard.

yes because he is something way better than we already have. The medical at Leeds is known to be one of the toughest around and lasts approx 2 days. Make no mistake, if he wasnt fit he wouldnt have signed cos Bates wouldnt have sanctioned it.Plus he''s out of contract in the summer and needs to play well to get a good move. If it works out for both parties, why not to Leeds?We are very happy we''ve signed a 4m striker for peanuts with little or no risk. As Eyeball said, if hes crocked, he goes back.Of course, there is no way in the world we''d be getting him if he was playing every week for Brum, so we have to accept he is a bit short of fitness! But he was on their bench for their midweek game at Chelsea, so he cant be far from fitness...just lacking sharpness maybe.

[quote] Leeds will cross that bridge if he gets injured[/quote]What do you mean if he gets injured ?  He''s been injured since last March !This really isn''t sour grapes spainboy old chap - Leeds'' boat has been well and truly holed in the last 3 league matches.  It''s amusing watching the passengers hold onto the sides of the ship, convincing themselves that if they use the buckets effectively they''ll be allright (McSheffrey), while the crew wonder around dreaming about the last time they were on the QE2 (FA Cup).

[quote user="willynaylor"]yes because he is something way better than we already have. The medical at Leeds is known to be one of the toughest around and lasts approx 2 days. Make no mistake, if he wasnt fit he wouldnt have signed cos Bates wouldnt have sanctioned it.Plus he''s out of contract in the summer and needs to play well to get a good move. If it works out for both parties, why not to Leeds?We are very happy we''ve signed a 4m striker for peanuts with little or no risk. As Eyeball said, if hes crocked, he goes back.Of course, there is no way in the world we''d be getting him if he was playing every week for Brum, so we have to accept he is a bit short of fitness! But he was on their bench for their midweek game at Chelsea, so he cant be far from fitness...just lacking sharpness maybe.[/quote]Well I hope it works out for you, but his recent record doesn''t bode well, and we have seriously had our arses bitten in similar situations when we were in the Championship.And at least you are bringing reasoned debate here lol, more than I can say for a few of your fellow fans!

And if he stays fit???? He is a playmaker. He will set up a lot of goals for Beckford and he is BETTER than what we have in Becchio,Grella,Kandol who have already helped accumilate 57 points in 25 games. That is good enough for me.

Better than what we have is the key. Leeds are not taking a backward step thats all you lot need to know.

thanksOf course its a gamble, otherwise we''d have no chance of signing him!We have no probs with Norwich, and I''ve nothing but huge admiration for what Lambert is doing for you.

Spainboy why do you have to come and show your naivety again, the other 2 Leeds fans were perfectly able to talk football. Why can''t you?

[quote user="spainboy"]

And if he stays fit???? He is a playmaker. He will set up a lot of goals for Beckford and he is BETTER than what we have in Becchio,Grella,Kandol who have already helped accumilate 57 points in 25 games. That is good enough for me.

Better than what we have is the key. Leeds are not taking a backward step thats all you lot need to know.

[/quote]You are just copying what someone else has already said moron!I thought you had a great squad, thats what you said, wasn''t it?Answer my question, if he would be a great signing for a top 6 champ side, why didn''t he do that then? And any answer resembling "He wanted to play for the mighty Leeds" will be met with a suitable response.

Oh and we are talking league one here which is a big gap from the championship and a massive gap from the premier league. McSheffrey is better than league one and if any Norwich fans disagree then it really is sour grapes.

[quote user="willynaylor"]thanksOf course its a gamble, otherwise we''d have no chance of signing him!We have no probs with Norwich, and I''ve nothing but huge admiration for what Lambert is doing for you.[/quote]Most people here have no probs with Leeds, its some of your fans that spoil it for you though.

[quote user="spainboy"]Oh and we are talking league one here which is a big gap from the championship and a massive gap from the premier league. McSheffrey is better than league one and if any Norwich fans disagree then it really is sour grapes.[/quote]Cock, go away.

Question to all Norwich fans.

Is McSheffrey league one standard or better than league one??

Please dont get out of the question.  Answer either BETTER or LEAGUE ONE.

[quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]2 seasons without a goal.No first team action since an unsuccesful loan at Nottingham Forest in March last year which he came back injured from.Answer my question, why did he not go to a top 6 champ club, which you say he is good enough for?

Well I for one am very happy with the signing, he gives us something we don''t have and thats a cleverness and intelligence as opposed to brute force or percentages with Beckford (he''ll get one in eventually, if we keep creating chances)

All that is useless though unless we arrest this slump and remember how to defend, at the moment, even after our worst run of form in over a year we''re still well placed to go up and I''d have snapped anybody''s hand off if they''d have suggested this scenario in August.

I don''t care if you win every game from now unitl the end of the season and The Football League decide to promote you 2 divisions because you''re just too good! as long as we get promoted this year, i''ll be very, very happy!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m not saying this isn''t going to happen, BUT there is nothing official anywhere to say it HAS happened.[/quote]Yes there is.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m not saying this isn''t going to happen, BUT there is nothing official anywhere to say it HAS happened.[/quote]

its on birminghams website...

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]Well I for one am very happy with the signing, he gives us something we don''t have and thats a cleverness and intelligence as opposed to brute force or percentages with Beckford (he''ll get one in eventually, if we keep creating chances)

All that is useless though unless we arrest this slump and remember how to defend, at the moment, even after our worst run of form in over a year we''re still well placed to go up and I''d have snapped anybody''s hand off if they''d have suggested this scenario in August.

I don''t care if you win every game from now unitl the end of the season and The Football League decide to promote you 2 divisions because you''re just too good! as long as we get promoted this year, i''ll be very, very happy![/quote]As long as you are happy with it![Y]

Answer my question.

He is dropping 2 leagues and whether he can score or not it doesnt matter. 2 seasons ago we had dougie freedman on loan who set up so many goals for Beckford. He is this type of player only better.He will bully league one defenders and put Beckford on a good goal streak. Dont forget Leeds score from midfield too this season. Youtube him or ask any blues/coventry fan. He will assist a lot of goals.

Hope that answers your question now answer mine.

[quote user="spainboy"]

Answer my question.

He is dropping 2 leagues and whether he can score or not it doesnt matter. 2 seasons ago we had dougie freedman on loan who set up so many goals for Beckford. He is this type of player only better.He will bully league one defenders and put Beckford on a good goal streak. Dont forget Leeds score from midfield too this season. Youtube him or ask any blues/coventry fan. He will assist a lot of goals.

Hope that answers your question now answer mine.

[/quote]Yes.My answer is you are a cock.Now, go away.

[quote user="spainboy"]

[/quote]He''s a good signing.  I would say Championship level, only no-one in the Championship seems interested in him.So going by that logic, he''s League One level.  Oh well, why not celebrate this coup with your fellow Leeds fans?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="morty"]Not seen it on SSN yet, they are normally pretty quick too.

What is your source, other than WACCOE?

Is it on your official site yet?
[/quote]

I''d be surprised and impressed if McSheffery dropped down to league 1. I''d have thought him easily good enough to play for a top champ team, Forest/WBA/Sheff Utd/Boro

[/quote]

On BCFC forums now they say he is on loan for a month, but when he gets back with his drinking partner Doyle he will be back at brum before his bags are unpacked

I fail to see how he is what Leeds need right now considering they lost by three against Swindon. He''s a good player when he wants to be, but he isn''t going to score four per game.

How is it just about your results? If Leeds and Norwich win every game between now and the end of the season - Leeds will be Champions!!

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]How is it just about your results? If Leeds and Norwich win every game between now and the end of the season - Leeds will be Champions!![/quote]If Norwich win every game until the end of the season we will be champions. We still have to play each other again.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]How is it just about your results? If Leeds and Norwich win every game between now and the end of the season - Leeds will be Champions!![/quote]Hmmm, so you have 2 games in hand, with inferior goal difference and are 3 points behind.So that takes care of 1 game in hand.And you still have to come to Carrow road, where we will beat you.Which leaves you behind on goals scored.[:)]

obviously the game at Carrow Road can''t be won by both teams... incidentally if Leeds get to the JPT final that game will have to be rearranged for later in the season!

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]obviously the game at Carrow Road can''t be won by both teams... incidentally if Leeds get to the JPT final that game will have to be rearranged for later in the season![/quote]I think both sides will drop points.Yeah, we knew about the re-arrangement.