Sign in to follow this  
EYEBALL119

McSheffrey signed for Leeds

A good signing at this level and should do well for you, but what about all these strikers that Spainboy was saying your lot were a sure thing to get?

Not seen it on SSN yet, they are normally pretty quick too.What is your source, other than WACCOE?Is it on your official site yet?

[quote user="morty"]Not seen it on SSN yet, they are normally pretty quick too.

What is your source, other than WACCOE?

Is it on your official site yet?
[/quote]

I''d be surprised and impressed if McSheffery dropped down to league 1. I''d have thought him easily good enough to play for a top champ team, Forest/WBA/Sheff Utd/Boro

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]Apparently until the end of the season, hopefully this will go some way to stopping you lot running away with the league...[/quote]

if true incredible signing at this level. I would liken it to when we signed huckerby and i expect leeds to really push on with him in your side. Wish we could have signed him!

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]Apparently until the end of the season, hopefully this will go some way to stopping you lot running away with the league...[/quote]

If you could stick to the usual Friday joke thread that would be much appreciated :)

If it turns out to be true, then its a really good signing.Does it bother me? No, I think we have more than enough in our locker to win automatic promotion, first or second doesn''t really bother me. We will just keep winning our games and doing our own thing.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]If it turns out to be true, then its a really good signing.

Does it bother me?

No, I think we have more than enough in our locker to win automatic promotion, first or second doesn''t really bother me. We will just keep winning our games and doing our own thing.

[:)]
[/quote]

Agreed

A good signing but not exactly a goal machine... however even I could bag 20+ goals at this level so he should be fine.

Lol, just read that he hasn''t scored in two seasons!!!And it really is all just WACCOE speculation at the minute.They are also speculating that they are going to pay him 20k a week!!!! Some clubs really never learn lol.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]20,000 a week!?!?!? He has to be joking![/quote]20 k a week for a fairly guaranteed ticket out of this league ?  If you were Bates, you''d pay wouldn''t you ?  He knows he''s only going to fill his ground against Huddersfield in League 1.

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]20,000 a week!?!?!? He has to be joking![/quote]Thats the word on WACCOE lol.Can''t believe he hasn''t scored in two seasons though, that would definitely be a concern for me.

Leeds should have bought Barnard.Proven at this level and a half decent squad player if they get promoted.And I bet he would have come a damn sight cheaper than McSheffrey!!!

Ooh, maybe he''s not a ticket out of league 1 after all...On March 5, 2009, he joined Nottingham Forest

on loan for an initial period of 28 days, being allocated the number 22

jersey. Because of his need for surgery on a persistent knee injury, he

was reported to have returned to Birmingham,[8] but manager Alex McLeish confirmed he was still on loan at Forest.[9]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="EYEBALL119"]20,000 a week!?!?!? He has to be joking![/quote]Thats the word on WACCOE lol.Can''t believe he hasn''t scored in two seasons though, that would definitely be a concern for me.[/quote]Has he been playing on the left wing though ?

[quote user="morty"]Leeds should have bought Barnard.

Proven at this level and a half decent squad player if they get promoted.

And I bet he would have come a damn sight cheaper than McSheffrey!!!
[/quote]

From what I heard from a friend in the Southampton media team Leeds were very close to signing Barnard but Southampton offered him "considerably" more wages per week and a first team place in the team.

I have a feel the Saints will walk this League next year, another reason why it is important to get out now. With Reading looking increasingly doomed League One could be even tougher to get out of next year.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="EYEBALL119"]20,000 a week!?!?!? He has to be joking![/quote]Thats the word on WACCOE lol.Can''t believe he hasn''t scored in two seasons though, that would definitely be a concern for me.[/quote]Has he been playing on the left wing though ?[/quote]I honestly don''t know, getting my info off WACCOE.Surely even playing on the wing, if he has an alleged eye for goal, he could chip in with the odd goal?

Fair point morty, he''s only played for Forest 4 times since last March too, if the wiki is accurate.  Suggests that knee injury has taken a long time to fix.  It''s a bit of a punt, especially if that wage figure is right.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Fair point morty, he''s only played for Forest 4 times since last March too, if the wiki is accurate.  Suggests that knee injury has taken a long time to fix.  It''s a bit of a punt, especially if that wage figure is right.[/quote]Reminds me of our previous board''s style lol.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

From what I heard from a friend in the Southampton media team Leeds were very close to signing Barnard but Southampton offered him "considerably" more wages per week and a first team place in the team.

I have a feel the Saints will walk this League next year, another reason why it is important to get out now. With Reading looking increasingly doomed League One could be even tougher to get out of next year.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Bethnal, Southampton as well all know have got money to spend and have a good team set-up already. If they don''t make the play-offs this season then they should find themselves walking it next.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

If you could stick to the usual Friday joke thread that would be much appreciated :)

[/quote]

Awesome!

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

Awesome!

[/quote]

I thought my lil joke there had gone un-noticed ;)