Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Face it,We'll probably be hammered by Chelsea

I say we''ll probably be hammered by Chelsea,not as a pessimist,but as a realist.If we finish up well beaten by them, it''s no real disgrace,as im sure a lot of teams will be in the same boat.My main point is that if we lose at Stamford Bridge we shouldnt be too deflated,just deal with it and move on.Losing there is nowhere near as disheartening as losing at Portsmouth or Palace.However,we have to look to victory against Spurs at home on Boxing Day being an achievable ambition.

Hi Stephen, there were quite a few "realists" peppering the Forum with gloom and doom last week also.

The City team aren''t assuming they will get hammered I hope, if they are they duly will be.

[quote]I say we''ll probably be hammered by Chelsea,not as a pessimist,but as a realist.If we finish up well beaten by them, it''s no real disgrace,as im sure a lot of teams will be in the same boat.My main po...[/quote]

Another one for the Samaritans with a half empty glass!

I think you''re right Stephen, in terms of if we do get spanked, then we need to put it behind us as quickly as possible, rather than endlessly picking over the bones of defeat. After all, it is a game that we will do very well to get anything out of.

However, I prefer to take a pessimistic position because I find that whenever we''re confident of a result, we very often come up short and vice versa!

On the positive side though, I think we can cause them some damage if we play well, keep the pressure on them and get a bit of luck. If we give them too much space, they''ll surely tear us apart. They can''t help but feel very confident that they''ll whip us, and hopefully that can work to their disadvantage.

I''d like nothing more than to see cocky sod Mouriño whining about our jamminess and the poor refereeing after the game, as he surely will if we do get something. Aside from anything else just imagine if we win... we''ll be world famous!!!

OTBC

Are you, by any chance , related to the miserable, moaning old scrote that unfortunately sits next to me in the snakepit?

Let''s just enjoy the fact that we beat a supposedly stronger, better prepared and seasoned team on Saturday. At least give us a few days to enjoy ourselves.

There are far too many gloom and doom merchants around at the moment, just learn to relax and enjoy the good times when they come!

I''ll love it if we beat them, love it!!! And why not?? If big Sam gave his players a few days off for crimbo shopping before they played us then perhaps the chelsea will get the whole week off to eat crisps and drink pop before Saturday. They will prob put their reserves out against us anyway, they can underestimate us at their peril!!! They are a good side but no game is a foregone conclusion. I wonder what Ladbrokes will give me on the win????

[quote]I''ll love it if we beat them, love it!!! And why not?? If big Sam gave his players a few days off for crimbo shopping before they played us then perhaps the chelsea will get the whole week off to eat ...[/quote]

Chelsea 1-5  : City 12-1

[quote]I say we''ll probably be hammered by Chelsea,not as a pessimist,but as a realist.If we finish up well beaten by them, it''s no real disgrace,as im sure a lot of teams will be in the same boat.My main po...[/quote]

Nil Desperandom Stephen!.  

Trust me we can''t lose. If we''re ''thumped'' everyone will say they expected it, and if we win or draw, everyone will say I thought they might!.

I''m just proud of City, win or lose.

We have to play the game anyway, so bring it on!..

Not so much chelsea, but the two games after that i''m worried about. i just hope we get at least a couple of points from boro and spurs. we need all the points we can get and if we come out of these games with nothing we could be backin the bottom three. hopefully that won''t be the case. OTBC

unfortunately, the majority of those responding to my post missed the point entirely.im far from despondent and would love to see city win on saturday, which with football being such a "funny old game" could happen.all i wanted to emphasise was that nobody should get too down if the worst should happen,as there are several more realistic targets for victories this season.i probably didnt put over my argument very eloquently as im not in the habit of writing (typing) much these days.

We''ve climbed bigger mountains than "Chelsea", we fought away to the top last year! Chelsea will not find us to be the walk over they expect, and I am fully backing us to get three points, we''ve climbed "mountains", we''ve fought with giants, and we''ve done them all!! City is marchin on this weekend my friends... marchin on

ONWARD NORWICH CITY!! BRING ON CHELSEA AND OUR THIRD WIN

That''s what I like to see Normann, a nice well balanced outlook with a touch of realism thrown in! Yeah we might get beat but we have a pretty good record at the Bridge over the years. Most of Chelsea''s victories have been close affairs and they haven''t hammered many. I hope they have their eye on other ''more difficult'' games in the coming weeks which often happens when a team is on a roll and we are just the team to take advantage of any lack of preparedness. We know the importance of ''team spirit'' whereas Chelsea''s mercenaries are motivated by one thing and one thing only, money! If it''s windy or raining expect to see Drogba and Gudjohnson in gloves and should we do the unthinkable and win expect the TV pundits to use all the usual catchphrases like ''Plucky Norwich'' ''It''s a funny old game'' and '' The days'' surprise result'' (hate that one) Whatever happens we''ll take it all in our stride and move on to the next game.