Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Have you ever 'invaded the pitch'?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Just wondering if anyone here has ever ''invaded the pitch''?

Either in a group or on your own?  Under what circumstances, good or bad?

If so, did you receive a punishment for your actions?

[/quote]At Brisbane Rd 1972 the night we got promoted to the top flight for the very first time (as my signature suggests). Foggo and Graham Paddon (penalty I think) made it 1-2 to City. Very emotional knowingt he lieks of Arsenal, Everton etc would be coming to Carrow Rd for the very first time. I think every City fan in the ground went on the pitch that night. We called for Ron Saunders and he came out and waved to loud cheers. The final match at Watford was abit of an anti-climax - very wet, we didn''t play well and drew 1-1 - though Stringer''s goal did clinch the title, my mates and I stayed put that day. Poor old Watford were relegated to the old third division (ie our present league 1) as a result.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Longy"]Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[/quote]

Yes I was there too along with a few thousand others, havent been banned though!

[/quote]

Me tooAngel and I wasn''t banned for it. I was on the pitch at Watford in ''72 both before and after the game and wasn''t banned for that either. But I have never invaded the pitch during a game. Have you? I think most people who invade the playing area during a game get banned for it. I expect that Colchester fan got banned a couple of weeks ago. Am I the only one who can see a difference?

Mind you the scummers have regularly invaded the playing area during derby matches. There seems to be different rules for them!

There must be someone here ran onto the pitch to celebrate when Akinbiyi got the 7th minute injury time equalizer at Grimsby some 15 years ago?

Unfortunately I was sitting a the back of the stand and it had all cleared by the time I''d ran to the front!

I have invaded the pitch. It was the last game of the season way back in the early-mid ''80s and it wasn''t seen as a such bad thing to do, so everyone got away with. I remember, at the time, thinking that it was only something on the last day of the season that you could get away with. We were in the South Stand. I''d have to have a good hunt round at what season it was but I think we had been promoted to Division 1 then, I''m thinking that it was 1982-ish against Grimsby-ish. Maybe.

I have - if memory serves it was after a 1-1 draw with Stoke in spring 86 which confirmed us as champions of the old second division. Even my mum invaded the pitch that day.

[quote user="Hackney Canary"]I have - if memory serves it was after a 1-1 draw with Stoke in spring 86 which confirmed us as champions of the old second division. Even my mum invaded the pitch that day.
[/quote]

Ah. It may well have been that match that I went onto the pitch!

Blackburn H (and all last games of the season in those days as it was the done thing), Crystal Palarse H (''73), Swindon H (''72), Ipshit H (thankyou Steve Bruce), W.Ham H (yes, that game), Spurs H (Cup replay), Grimsby A (interesting day), Orient A, Watford A (before and after game), Barnsley A & Crewe A plus the odd run-on before an away game in the old days to plant a green and yellow balloon in the centre circle as someone mentioned earlier. Couple of minutes later a couple of oppos would run out and stamp on them. Was funny at the time.

Remember Leeds at home in the 80''s when a City fan ran onto pitch from the Barclay and jumped up and down on a Leeds scarf followed by a couple of Leeds fans doing the same to a City scarf.

As for the cushions I remember the day Ray Crawford dived for a free kick in front of the old City stand when he was playing for Charlton and he got pelted with cushions. The more the tannoy said stop the more came onto the pitch with great encouragement from us in the Barclay "bring on the cushions". For the youngsters on here Crawford made his name playing for that team down in Suffolk.

Signed, a very happy window licker xx

I can remember Grimsby away in the mid 90''s, Akinbiyi equalized late on for 2-2. A few of us jumped the ad boards at the front and dodged the stewards and celebrated with the players. Akinbiyi crapped himself and ran away but I can remember Bowen & Newman loving it. We then got chased by the stewards but we all dodged them and got back into the stand. We were then chanting at the Grimsby fans, "We were dancing on your pitch" they weren''t very happy especially outside the ground after the match. Unfortunately for one of my chubby mates he couldn''t get his leg over the ad.board so couldn''t celebrate with us.

No, but I have crowd surfed in a Sugar gig in the early eighties. Wasn''t my choice, I just sort of got picked up, passed over the mosh pit and into the hands of a waiting bouncer who punched me in eye and sent me back again.

I was on the pitch celebrating with Akinbiyi when we got that late equalizer at Grimsby. I was right in the gangway and it was such an easy run down those steps and over the small barrier. [:D]I wasn''t banned / arrested etc.

Like a few others after the Milk Cup semi against scum. They used to open the gate in the Barclay after the last game of the season in the mid 80''s. Thank god they did because I was being crushed against the front. Can''t remember who that was against though. Gresty Road of course in the Championship winning season.

Also went to Doncaster Rovers v Col who when Donny went out of the league. Their chairman was a robbing bastard who even tried to burn down the ground. Anyway, he sacked all the Management team, got rid of most of the players. Picked part-time amateurs who played Sunday league at best and they were being thrashed weekly. There was a major protest for their last game with multiple pitch invasions. It all started when Col Who scored and one bloke casually walked on and sat on the centre spot, followed by more and more. Lasted about 10mins, everyone went back to their stands and there must have been a couple more similar for the rest of the game till the ref decided he had had enough and called full-time early.

I also invaded the stage at a Balaam and the Angel gig in the same era. Tried to grab the mike and ended up being referred to by name in the Meoldy Maker the following week (a mate was a sub-editor on the paper at the time and slipped my name into into the review in order to take the piss).

Many times during the 70''s and 80''s to celebrate various things, different era different attitudes. Still can''t see a problem if it is at the end of the game and in a non threatening way though.

What a day that was - thousands of us ran the length of the pitch into the Watford end (the Rookery) scattering their fans in all directions and then took it over. For some obscure health & safety reasons you just couldn''t do that sort of thing these days ... it''s political correctness gone mad!!

Pitch invasions aren''t all bad.  In escape to victory if it wasn''t for the pitch invasion the POWs wouldn''t''ve  escaped.  Mind you the film ended there but the Nazis rounded them all up within a week.

Yes, I went on against Ipswich a few years ago. Never threw any coins, not proven anyway. And with so many cameras in the ground, I''d have been lucky to get away with it.

ricko i was there they sang you will never take the rookery oh yes we did lol i stood next to keelans goal at final whistle and on we went supurb and on the tues before at orient was on the pitch then 18 thjen 56 now still loved it now like i did then memorys lo otbc

My Dad has on numerous occasions, Ipswich at home Milk Cup Semi Final he can be seen running into the picture on the D V D. He also got onto the pitch to protest against Robert Chase.

He was also in a group of 12 who were arrested for standing in the Barclay when it first opened as all seater"We''ll never sit in the Barclay"

They are the few he has told me about...

only ever done it twice I think.

1st time was at CR v Aston Vill in 1995 when we had been relegated the week before at Leeds.  We drew 1-1 with Villa in our last home game and the atmosphere was probably the worst I have ever experienced at CR.

2nd time was a couple of season later at Barnsley (I hate them with a passion).  We were 1-0 with about 10 mins to go and Eady and Roberts combined to run the ragged and we won 3-1 I think.  Probably about 1999/2000 I think.  I was removed from the pitch by a rozzer in a headlock but just thrown out after the 3rd goal went in in stoppage time.  Good times......

Rich

Yes, I walked on to the pitch with no trouble at all, from the River End Stand, with a few hundred others, at the end of the end of the victorious 1985/''86 season. Ken Brown''s fabulous team were celebrating their promotion back to the top flight as Division Two champions. I can''t remember which team we had played that day, but (if my memory sereves me correctly) we went on the pitch to celebrate with the players, near the River End/City Stand corner.