Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Your top 3, favourite City managers?

1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember.

[quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Roeder ahead of Grant? Psshhhhh. Roeder did make a few not bad signings though.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Actually, no, that''s b*ll*cks.1. Mike Walker2. Dave Stringer3. Nigel WorthingtonO''Neill was obviously destined for bigger things but didn''t achieve anything with us while he was here.  Lambert''s doing exceptionally well but hasn''t finished the job.  The three names above all had us punching well above our weight against the top sides in the country.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Roeder ahead of Grant? Psshhhhh. Roeder did make a few not bad signings though. [/quote]Roeder performed a near miracle to keep us up after Grant spunked millions on crap players.  Why would you say Grant was better than Roeder?  Grant failed at every single level of management.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Roeder ahead of Grant? Psshhhhh. Roeder did make a few not bad signings though. [/quote]Grant was much worse than Roeder, I still think most of the blame for our decline is down to Grant. He was the beginning of the rot; GR and BG didn''t really do much to stop it but at least GR delayed it for a bit and was incredibly unlucky with injuries at times.

Mike Walker...for obvious reasons..promotion but for the mega football we played...it was breathtaking at times [:D]

Paul Lambert...lets hope he stays with NCFC for some time as imho with the backing of the board i feel he can take us all the way back to the prem.

Glen Roeder...for being great in the transfer market and a wonderful tactition[:|]

Bondy was my favourite, he was a real character and he picked up some really good bargains for us (Martin Peters, Jimmy Neighbour etc). For achievement it has to be Mike Walker although the basis of a good side was left to him by Dave Stringer.Going way way back I also nominate Archie Macauly for the way he put this club back on the map after we nearly went out of business.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Roeder ahead of Grant? Psshhhhh. Roeder did make a few not bad signings though. [/quote]Grant was much worse than Roeder, I still think most of the blame for our decline is down to Grant. He was the beginning of the rot; GR and BG didn''t really do much to stop it but at least GR delayed it for a bit and was incredibly unlucky with injuries at times.[/quote]Well Grant had a higher win % and also many people I have seen despise Roeder, not Grant. If I''m honest, I cant really remember too much, but both were pretty poor.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]3) Worthington/Lambert.  Can''t seperate them right now.[/quote]Really? I''ll help you, then.  One took us to a playoff final and then won the 2nd division championship, only getting relegated on the last day of the Premiership season.  The other one has taken us to the top of the 3rd division.

Bondy was my favourite manager too Rickyyyy.

Stringers team which Walker motivated to those great heights in the early 90''s was, I believe, heavily influenced by David Williams. Williams wasn''t a manager so I guess I can''t include him. If I could he''d be number one for me.

O''Neill

Stringer

Walker

Lambert has the potential to be the very best of the bunch. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]3) Worthington/Lambert.  Can''t seperate them right now.[/quote]Really? I''ll help you, then.  One took us to a playoff final and then won the 2nd division championship, only getting relegated on the last day of the Premiership season.  The other one has taken us to the top of the 3rd division.[/quote]Suppose I didnt look at in that way, Worthy above Lambert for me.

[quote user="ricardo"]Bondy was my favourite, he was a real character and he picked up some really good bargains for us (Martin Peters, Jimmy Neighbour etc).

For achievement it has to be Mike Walker although the basis of a good side was left to him by Dave Stringer.

Going way way back I also nominate Archie Macauly for the way he put this club back on the map after we nearly went out of business.
[/quote]

Bugger! I''d quite forgotten Archie, and Ron Saunders too!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]1. Paul Lambert2. Nigel Worthington3. Peter Grant [:$] Only 5 to choose from for me, since I can remember. [/quote]I''d have Roeder ahead of Grant, but you don''t exactly have an embarrassment of riches to pick from.For me:1. Mike Walker2. Martin O''Neill3. Paul Lambert[/quote]Chops evidently saved me the effort in listing mine

I still remember how I felt when Walker left for Everton !I expect its a similar feeling to that Colchester fans had when Lambert left them :(

In chronological order:

Saunders

Bond

Walker

Worthy gets an  honourable mention, but O''Neill wasn''t here long enough to figure in my top three. Lambert has the potential to be great, but I suspect that his real glory days will be elsewhere.

Well, for me the top manager has to be Ron Saunders, untill then we had been an average team, continually doing nothing. Since then our outlook has always be up.

Look up your history of Norwich City !

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]3) Worthington/Lambert.  Can''t seperate them right now.[/quote]Really? I''ll help you, then.  One took us to a playoff final and then won the 2nd division championship, only getting relegated on the last day of the Premiership season.  The other one has taken us to the top of the 3rd division.[/quote]Of course, but right now the feel-good factor, and 47 points from 51, and the potential Lambert has, means he has to be mentioned.  If we follow your criteria we may as well disqualify O''Neill completely.

1. Walker2. Worthington (How Worthy hasn''t got more nominations is beyond me, he took us for a team who could have been easily relegated to a play-off final team in one season, then champions two seasons later)3. Lambert