Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Hoolahan to Hull £2.5 million

According to Leeds fans (Obviously not most reliable source) but we are to lose Hoolahan to Hull and replace him with Kris Commons from Derby and they seem impressed??

Don''t believe it at all I think we will keep all our good players but interesting what people can make up and believe!

[quote]Can you really see Phil Brown playing a diamond to accommodate him? I can''t.[/quote]That''s kind of what makes it plausible - Phil Brown really needs to do something.

Just heard the Hoolahan to Hull story on Radio 5 Live in their transfer day round-up. I guess this story has legs :-(

In case anyone thinks Hoolahan won''t go because we''re top of the league and Hull are bottom of the premier, just remember that Dean Ashton made a similar switch to us and he left a championship team that was doing well. Money talks and even if Hull are doomed, Hoolahan knows that it''s good exposure for him. If the offer does come in I expect him to go and I doubt we will replace him, £2.5 million would certainly help our finances.but it''s all mindless speculation... [;)]

2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]According to Leeds fans (Obviously not most reliable source) but we are to lose Hoolahan to Hull and replace him with Kris Commons from Derby and they seem impressed??

Don''t believe it at all I think we will keep all our good players but interesting what people can make up and believe![/quote]

I would be more than impressed. Massive fan of Commons.

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]If the worst case scenario was true what have been our results without the wee man?[/quote]Im sure we''d cope if Wes did go. Chris Martin behind Holt and Oli/Cody would be just as effective. Were far from a 1 man team nowadays, Hoolahan''s importance to the team is not the same as when Huckerby was here.

From Hulls website

In response to further released specualtion the club have received a verbal offer of £5million pounds for Stephen Hunt. This has been completely rejected AND WE ARE NOT EXPECTING ANY FURTHER BIDS

[quote user="drinks"]Just heard the Hoolahan to Hull story on Radio 5 Live in their transfer day round-up. I guess this story has legs :-([/quote]

It''s a pretty quiet transfer day so all stories not matter how unlikely will get some airing today.

[quote user="DontPanic"]2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money[/quote]When has Hoolahan ever played in the premiership???He was poor in a crap team last year and was never used in his best position.   Roeder and Gunn never knew how to use a player with his set of skills.   Lambert does and I truly believe he would get the best out of him in a higher league.

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]According to Leeds fans (Obviously not most reliable source) but we are to lose Hoolahan to Hull and replace him with Kris Commons from Derby and they seem impressed?? Don''t believe it at all I think we will keep all our good players but interesting what people can make up and believe![/quote]

The col who fans are masters at it, for example:

I was speaking to a Millwall fan on the way home after going to watch Brentford Southampton and he said Norwich will be administration shortly. I responded with the News of the world article mistake and he clearly said they will be admin by the end of the season. I know its a Millwall fan so his opinion is not worth placing your house on. But all there is no smoke without fire and they are clearly in financial trouble losing huge amounts of money every year.

Lets see what happens over the next few weeks

[quote user="Lambert is King"]From Hulls website

In response to further released specualtion the club have received a verbal offer of £5million pounds for Stephen Hunt. This has been completely rejected AND WE ARE NOT EXPECTING ANY FURTHER BIDS[/quote]This is good news hopefully [Y]Possible they were only looking at Hoolahan in the event that they had a better offer for Hunt.

That''s nothing Wiz, I was speaking to a Brentford fan after watching us beat them with 10 men, and he said that Col Who were rubbish.  I think I''m more inclined to believe a Brentford fan than a Millwall one.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="DontPanic"]2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money[/quote]

When has Hoolahan ever played in the premiership???

He was poor in a crap team last year and was never used in his best position.   Roeder and Gunn never knew how to use a player with his set of skills.   Lambert does and I truly believe he would get the best out of him in a higher league.
[/quote]

Where does he say he has played in the Prem?

Would be a blow to lose him as do not think we could get a replacement in, even on loan.

There are always going to be stories like this around successful players at a successful club. Makes a change to be at the centre of such speculation!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]According to Leeds fans (Obviously not most reliable source) but we are to lose Hoolahan to Hull and replace him with Kris Commons from Derby and they seem impressed?? Don''t believe it at all I think we will keep all our good players but interesting what people can make up and believe![/quote]

The col who fans are masters at it, for example:

I was speaking to a Millwall fan on the way home after going to watch Brentford Southampton and he said Norwich will be administration shortly. I responded with the News of the world article mistake and he clearly said they will be admin by the end of the season. I know its a Millwall fan so his opinion is not worth placing your house on. But all there is no smoke without fire and they are clearly in financial trouble losing huge amounts of money every year. Lets see what happens over the next few weeks

[/quote]Amazing what tripe some half wits will say just to appear to be in the know isn''t it [:|]

I really think there is some substance to this rumour - which is in no way assuming or hoping it is true.

If it is the money would be very useful and I wonder if Hughes could come in and do a job.

Also, Lambert clearly has players in place to change from the diamond, I wonder if the diamond would work at a higher levelo and if not used would we accommodate Wes anyway?

I would be more worried to lose Rusty.

[quote user="Barclayman"]
talkSPORT: 
it could be a busy afternoon in East Anglia as well according to talkSPORT sources. I''ll keep you updated on that! [/quote]That''s interesting, could be Ipswich buying a load of players to try and save their season though [;)]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="DontPanic"]2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money[/quote]When has Hoolahan ever played in the premiership???He was poor in a crap team last year and was never used in his best position.   Roeder and Gunn never knew how to use a player with his set of skills.   Lambert does and I truly believe he would get the best out of him in a higher league.[/quote]

[/quote]There

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="DontPanic"]2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money[/quote]

He was poor in a crap team last year and was never used in his best position.   Roeder and Gunn never knew how to use a player with his set of skills.   Lambert does and I truly believe he would get the best out of him in a higher league.
[/quote]

[/quote]

There
[/quote]

I agree the wording isn''t clear, but actually the post says he was rubbish in the champ and hull can pay £2.5m to find out if he''s good in the prem.

Jeez some of you lot are worriers - how do you all sleep at night? Hoolahan - like Lambert - isn''t going anywhere and we''re not going bankrupt. We''ve done a deal with our lenders that will see us until the end of the season at least. Nobody in their right mind sells their best players when they''re top of the league - forget about it.

[quote user="Barclayman"]
talkSPORT: 
it could be a busy afternoon in East Anglia as well according to talkSPORT sources. I''ll keep you updated on that! [/quote]

Ok so what they''re saying is that Norwich, Ipshit, Colchester, Cambridge Utd, Peterborough, Cambridge City or Lowestoft Town may or may not sign some players today. Great stuff.

What a load of old flannel.

[quote user="Penfold"]Jeez some of you lot are worriers - how do you all sleep at night?

Hoolahan - like Lambert - isn''t going anywhere and we''re not going bankrupt. We''ve done a deal with our lenders that will see us until the end of the season at least. Nobody in their right mind sells their best players when they''re top of the league - forget about it.

[/quote]

Funny isn''t it??

I can see Hoolahan/Russel/Doc going if we don''t get promoted, but nothing until then. Honestly? Would a prem side really be interested in Hoolahan as anything other than a cheap/freebie signing? Far too big a risk at the kind of money we would need in order to be tempted to sell.

[quote user="Penfold"]Jeez some of you lot are worriers - how do you all sleep at night? Hoolahan - like Lambert - isn''t going anywhere and we''re not going bankrupt. We''ve done a deal with our lenders that will see us until the end of the season at least. Nobody in their right mind sells their best players when they''re top of the league - forget about it.[/quote]I hope you''re right.I just hope that there can be smoke and no fire [:)]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="DontPanic"]2.5 million for a 1 footed midget!!!!!!!!!! snap their hands off, Hoolahoop is good at this level but poor in the championship as proved last year and in the prem......well let Hull find out for that money[/quote]When has Hoolahan ever played in the premiership???He was poor in a crap team last year and was never used in his best position.   Roeder and Gunn never knew how to use a player with his set of skills.   Lambert does and I truly believe he would get the best out of him in a higher league.[/quote]

[/quote]There[/quote]

I agree the wording isn''t clear, but actually the post says he was rubbish in the champ and hull can pay £2.5m to find out if he''s good in the prem.

[/quote]Fair do''s.  I think I see what you mean.   Still wouldn''t sell him for 2.5m

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair do''s.  I think I see what you mean.  

Still wouldn''t sell him for 2.5m
[/quote]

I agree completely.

I can only see him going if we don''t get promoted. As I said further up, surely at the kind of money we would need to be induced to sell he''s too big a risk to a low level prem team. Maybe if he were on a free he''d end up in the prem.

Let''s get real. Hoolahoop has had just over half a good season in the 3rd Division.

He''s never kicked a Premiership ball in his life. Are Hull, in their current financial predicament going to take a gamble on him.

The chances are that both clubs will be operating in the same level next season,so,why would hooly want to switch now,esp as Hull are unlikely to be able to pay much more than Norwich?