Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Hoolahan to Hull £2.5 million

Every deadline day there are always rumours flying around - I think only about 10% of them actually happen! We are top of the league and Hoolahan has been one of our best players this season so naturally people put two and two together and make five. As has been said, Hull and Norwich may well be playing in the same division next season so why would Wes want to go? If we fail to gain promotion (heaven forbid) then it is much more likely he will leave.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?
[/quote] Wolves have bid £5million for Hunt , i suppose Hoolahan would be his replacement at half the cost
[/quote]

Indeed.  I heard this on Talksport half an hour ago, but it looks as if Hunt is staying for the moment. I''ve a horrible feeling that this could soon change though, as Hunt may be wanting to team up again with a number of his former team-mates from Reading.    

I don''t understand the logic behind Hunt going from Hull (likely to get relegated but might scrape through) to Wolves (almost certain to get relegated)

[quote user="Metatron"]I don''t understand the logic behind Hunt going from Hull (likely to get relegated but might scrape through) to Wolves (almost certain to get relegated)[/quote]There''s only 1 point to seperate Wolves & Hull at the moment.  Wolves currently have a wealthy backer, albeit probably not wealthy enough for the league, whereas Hull have well-documented money problems.  Maybe with Hunt knowing some of the Wolves players from Reading, the way they play etc, Wolves might work better as a unit ?

[quote user="canari francais"]

Let''s get real. Hoolahoop has had just over half a good season in the 3rd Division.

He''s never kicked a Premiership ball in his life. Are Hull, in their current financial predicament going to take a gamble on him.

The chances are that both clubs will be operating in the same level next season,so,why would hooly want to switch now,esp as Hull are unlikely to be able to pay much more than Norwich?

[/quote]

I think the fact that Hoolahan has never kicked a ball in the top flight would mean that he would be prepared to move to Hull knowing he can get the second half of the season in the top flight and hopefully impress some teams even if Hull are relegated. Also, the idea of a wage increase and signing on fee always bring a little smile to player''s faces.

[quote user="a1canary"]Come on Wes, you know it makes sense to stay put! You''ve got a good thing going here![/quote]Are you seriously suggesting you would turn down a huge promotion in your career, regardless of the role you were going into?Any footballer who would turn down the top flight in favour of the third tier would be... well, it would never happen, because a person with that little ambition wouldn''t be playing football in the first place.

So Hull, who apparently will go broke if relegated,  may recruit Wes on a long contract with high wages. No wonder football is in a mess. [:D]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="canari francais"]

Let''s get real. Hoolahoop has had just over half a good season in the 3rd Division.

He''s never kicked a Premiership ball in his life. Are Hull, in their current financial predicament going to take a gamble on him.

The chances are that both clubs will be operating in the same level next season,so,why would hooly want to switch now,esp as Hull are unlikely to be able to pay much more than Norwich?

[/quote]

I think the fact that Hoolahan has never kicked a ball in the top flight would mean that he would be prepared to move to Hull knowing he can get the second half of the season in the top flight and hopefully impress some teams even if Hull are relegated. Also, the idea of a wage increase and signing on fee always bring a little smile to player''s faces.

[/quote]

I can just about why the move might make sense for Wes himself,Bethnal. But not for Hull. Surely in their predicament,they need someone who''s well experienced in the Prem, preferably in a relegation scrap.?

[quote user="Metatron"]I don''t understand the logic behind Hunt going from Hull (likely to get relegated but might scrape through) to Wolves (almost certain to get relegated)[/quote]

Hull are skint and need to get rid of a few high earners. They could be in real trouble if they get relegated whilst Wolves seem to have budgeted a little more sensibly.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]http://www.eleven-a-side.com/shelbourne/news.asp?n=37990

hmmm...[/quote]That''s just a copy and paste of the rumour...

Will expect a resurgence of the liinks to Boro if they do sell Johnson to Man city.

Nothing will happen in the next two hours, but would still rather they went a bit quicker!

[quote user="rjwc22"]Will expect a resurgence of the liinks to Boro if they do sell Johnson to Man city. Nothing will happen in the next two hours, but would still rather they went a bit quicker![/quote]

and as just been said on Talksport, probably not enought time left to get any big deals done IE paperwork and medicles, if nothing has been mentioned by either club nothing will hapen now,and as well all know it''s being very quiet

Lol at Sky Sports News desperately trying to convince us that anything even mildly interesting is happening.

Don''t believe it for a second but this was on the guardian website.......

12.26pm: "News in Norwich is that Wes Hoolahan is going to Hull for £2.5m to replace the outgoing Stephen Hunt," writes Tom Russell. Or Russell Tom, it really is quite hard to tell.

Then again, so was this

10.23am: Nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, nothing''s happening, ... oh, look - a bee.

Man City in talks with Boro regarding Adam Johnson. Wes has been linked as his replacement of course [;)] Unlikely this late in the day though?

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?
[/quote] Wolves have bid £5million for Hunt , i suppose Hoolahan would be his replacement at half the cost
[/quote]

Hull have rejected the bid for Hunt [:)]

Oh them now is it?

A friend of a friend told me xmas time he was going to Boro ..you really cant trust anyone, especially first wizard